1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

I'm the one who would like a version of Saw Gerrera??

I thought he had two mismatching droid feet? When he get the groovy sandal?

As long as it includes a sound option that includes the phrase " Bor Gullet " I'll buy this.

I thought he had two mismatching droid feet? When he get the groovy sandal?
Yeah, in the movie, the one time you see his feet, they're droid feet. The lesson here I think is that Birkenstocks, while comfortable, are not the preferred shoe for conducting guerilla resistance operations.

I thought Baze was a shoe in , he looked great in the HT teaser. Saw would be a good character also, I really wished they kept him alive he could have been more machine than man like Vader in TLJ and been someone that helped the "rebels". I understand he would be A LOT older but maybe like Vader the machine kept him alive :pfft:

If Baze was cancelled by Hot Toys,would they tell us ? What ever happened to the black pauldron Sandtrooper. I would really like to get at least Baze and Cassian from Rogue one.

If Baze was cancelled by Hot Toys,would they tell us ? What ever happened to the black pauldron Sandtrooper. I would really like to get at least Baze and Cassian from Rogue one.

I don't think they would ever announce a cancellation. But I've also heard that some figures are "in development" for years. Not necessarily cause they are being worked on, but just due to timing and other HT commitments. I think it was Howard that said ROTJ Luke (or some other figure) has been ready for a long time.

In any case it's not hard for them to get the black pauldron sandtrooper out. I believe it is just a matter of timing. i.e so many new movies (Star Wars and others) that they have put some lower priority OT figures to the side for a while

That said, OT will always sell. But Rogue One I'm not so sure on as it is not a "classic" as OT is. I guess HT are probably also not sure how many sales they would get. Therefore I think it's always good to let them know at any chance that we still want them. Whether that be on FB, at cons or wherever.

If they are moving into the Prequel Trilogy slowly, then I recall a certain person mentioned that Rogue One is considered prequel. Perhaps once Solo and Ep 9 are out, they have some more breathing room too.

Of course all speculation though.

They've been in development of Penguin and Catwoman for 5 years and still nothing. They showed Crossbones and Yellowjacket and nothing... but never said they'd cancelled the project.

Never say never is their motto I guess. But you could wait until you're blue in the face for them to deliver.

So even if you've seen a prototype, there's no guarantee it will actually be made.

Organise a custom run, start making these figures and sure enough they will go up for pre-order. Seems to happen with other figures.

^HaHa!!! And some say the Holiday Special won the prize!

For the record, I'd buy Krennic in a heartbeat.

That was so bad I had to share it :yuck:yuck:yuck

Still love my Rogue One Lego setup. At least you get all the characters....and it's a lot cheaper !

They even did Raddus, Space Monkey, Moroff, Pao and Bodhi Rook but unfortunately no Two Tubes !

DSC07592.jpg

Still love my Rogue One Lego setup. At least you get all the characters....and it's a lot cheaper !

They even did Raddus, Space Monkey, Moroff, Pao and Bodhi Rook but unfortunately no Two Tubes !

View attachment 387286

Nice Hoody! That’s a freakin awesome display!

Thanks Man.

I've done a few over the years.

The Superheroes one was the first one I ever did. Probably need to make it into 2 now. Marvel and DC.

Also need to put my GotG minifigures into one at some point.

Force Awakens Lego.jpg

Rogue One Lego.jpg

Star Wars Lego OT.jpg

Lord of the Rings Lego.jpg

Pirates Lego.jpg

Superheroes Lego.jpg

Thanks Man.

I've done a few over the years.

The Superheroes one was the first one I ever did. Probably need to make it into 2 now. Marvel and DC.

Also need to put my GotG minifigures into one at some point.

Those are awesome Hoody! I've been looking at picture frames to do the same thing for 3 3/4" GI Joes and Marvel Legends figures as well as Mega Blocks Minifigures, where did you get the picture frames and what did you need to do to make these? You can PM me the details if you want.

Back