1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Indeed. Would buy more figs from RO in the wake of TLJ.

Me too. I would love to see more RO figures. I sold the few TFA figures I had after seeing TLJ and I already won't be buying any Solo figures.

Disney needs to take a year or two off so HT can release a bunch of OT and PT figures.

Me too. I would love to see more RO figures. I sold the few TFA figures I had after seeing TLJ and I already won't be buying any Solo figures.

Disney needs to take a year or two off so HT can release a bunch of OT and PT figures.

Now is the time for Hot Toys to focus on those lines.

Just release Snoke and ret rid of TLJ line already

My biggest fear actually is that I just hope HT doesn't see lacklustre figure sales from TLJ and think, well no point doing Rogue One either.

If anyone has any connections to HT please convince them otherwise ! :)

K2SO was sold out in Germany in no time. Jyn is almost sold out. You can still get almost every TFA character. Don‘t know about Asia but for Europe it would certainly work to do more RO figures

If we don't see something by SDCC next year, it will be time to go the custom route.

Agree totally there.

This also annoys me that HT don't seem to do too much visible market research. i.e what do the collectors want ? Sure, I understand I'm in a forum here where "like minded" collectors are concentrated, however I'm guessing the collectors must be a pretty big percentage of their customer base.

That said there are a couple of questions on their FB at the moment. Even though the questions don't pertain to RO specifically, I've answered with RO characters anyway so they get a message. Probably not a bad thing if we all do that to let our voice be known.

Questions below Back to the Future 2 - Doc Brown post.

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/

Agree totally there.

This also annoys me that HT don't seem to do too much visible market research. i.e what do the collectors want ? Sure, I understand I'm in a forum here where "like minded" collectors are concentrated, however I'm guessing the collectors must be a pretty big percentage of their customer base.

That said there are a couple of questions on their FB at the moment. Even though the questions don't pertain to RO specifically, I've answered with RO characters anyway so they get a message. Probably not a bad thing if we all do that to let our voice be known.

Questions below Back to the Future 2 - Doc Brown post.

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/

Maybe they were "forced" by Disney ?

Maybe they were "forced" by Disney ?

Forced to what ? Not make other RO characters ?

I'd love to know how that relationship works between Disney and HT actually. I guess there is probably a difference between if it is a new film or an older film. No doubt HT is guided a lot more for new films, however could probably propose older characters for figures from older films.

Forced to what ? Not make other RO characters ?

I'd love to know how that relationship works between Disney and HT actually. I guess there is probably a difference between if it is a new film or an older film. No doubt HT is guided a lot more for new films, however could probably propose older characters for figures from older films.

Not RO, but those TFAs that were all over the places..maybe part of "promotion" for the Sequel" thing i was saying

My biggest fear actually is that I just hope HT doesn't see lacklustre figure sales from TLJ and think, well no point doing Rogue One either.

If anyone has any connections to HT please convince them otherwise ! :)

RO sold pretty well and Howard Chan is a big Star Wars fan so I think they will make more rogue one. Just based on the line up alone, RO has a way bigger lineup than TLJ already so I think they will release more RO figs.

I’m desperate for a Krennic figure. He was my favourite character in RO and Ben Mendelsohn is just incredible. I really hope they decide to release more RO figs next year.

I’d also buy a Galen just to go with Krennic. Haha.

I’m desperate for a Krennic figure. He was my favourite character in RO and Ben Mendelsohn is just incredible. I really hope they decide to release more RO figs next year.

I’d also buy a Galen just to go with Krennic. Haha.

Yeah, Galen Erso doesn't get much of a mention here wrt to figures. I guess if you read Catalyst you have more of an affinity to Galen.

Figures i would buy from R1

Baze
Krennic
Bistan
Pao
Moroff
Two-Tubes
Bohdi
Cassian
Saw Guerra
Dirty Wobani Stormtrooper
Death Star Trooper
Royal Guards
Admiral Raddus
Shoretrooper Longskirt
1/6th Hammerhead Corvette (haha)

Possibly Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Galen Erso so get on it Hot Toys!

I agree, I'd love a Krennic - Ben Mendelsohn walking out on stage at Celebration with the Death Troopers will live with me (and the family) forever and top marks to him for being game and playing along. Brilliant!

Would also be in line to grab a Galen but doubt he'll get a shout unfortunately. (As Hoody rightfully says Catalyst was great for his character.)

Krennic

Two-Tubes

Would be ecstatic if HT made Two-Tubes.... wish someone would make a custom.

Sad as I am at a SW show here in the UK a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to get a picture with Two-Tubes . . . . .it was the real one, honest!
(Or so I kept telling my kids and myself.)

Director Orson Krennic IS highly needed. I’d ultimately want a Deluxe with his rainy day L’ahmu gear... parka w/lower ranking insignias and imperial hat (magnetized like Jyn’s). HT can even throw in the Stormtrooper Dolly and base from the DT Deluxe to jack up the price with molds they already have.
I know you like this idea Hot Toys now take my money!
Edrio & Benthic Two-tubes 2 pk and Moroff would be easy buys for me too.

Sad as I am at a SW show here in the UK a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to get a picture with Two-Tubes . . . . .it was the real one, honest!
(Or so I kept telling my kids and myself.)

Edrio & Benthic Two-tubes 2 pk and Moroff would be easy buys for me too.

Two-Tubes is a design so inspired it looks to be right out of ANH. As much as I'd love an HT Greedo or Sand Person or even Gamorrean Guard... if HT only did one human-sized alien, I'd vote for Edrio Two-Tubes.

Krennic

Two-Tubes

Would be ecstatic if HT made Two-Tubes.... wish someone would make a custom.

There's gotta be someone we could get to do a custom. I'm guessing the head sculpt would be the most difficult. Maybe it could be 3D printed ?

I don't mind the backpack that Benthic has with the round cylinders either.

20160721_edrio_bg.jpg

Benthic_EW-3.jpg

Enaud could do the sculpt... but its the costume I think would be the hardest part. Not much out there to pull from aside from the TIE breather.

Back