1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

What would have been hilarious is if Hot Toys were to announce a new "Rogue One" figure on the day of TLJ's debut.

What would have been hilarious is if Hot Toys were to announce a new "Rogue One" figure on the day of TLJ's debut.

Yeah, that would have been awesome. One thought I did have immediately after seeing TLJ was that IMO Rogue One held up very well. Considering the RO characters were all unknown and had to be introduced to us as well as telling a great story. Not a bad effort.

Of course it will only be after a few more SW movies are released that we'll see how they all compare and which are the best. Perhaps this is also what HT is doing. Waiting until after Solo to determine if it makes sense to do more Rogue One figures or not.

Baze and Chirrut are looking better and better in lieu of TLJ figures.

Who do you think HT will honor us with tonight for Star Wars opening? Rose? Poe preorder? Phasma?

Chirrut without Baze is like R2 without 3PO.

At this point if HT makes a Hux before Krennic there’s gonna be some problems.

At this point if HT makes a Hux before Krennic there’s gonna be some problems.

To me it seems HT is almost on strike with TLJ. Has been pretty lackluster. Or perhaps it's just me ??

However I guess the second film in a trilogy will always have a smaller/ modified set of HT figures. (e.g. GotG)

Please finish Rogue One line, Krennic, Cassian and Baze at the very least; Bodhi I would probably still get but he's a maybe right now.

After seeing TLJ this would be awesome!

Krennic is a must. Bout to go see the movie... going in with low expectations but with a smidge of hope. Hopefully I’ve underestimated this release so much it’ll be surprisingly great. But yes. More Rouge One figures!

More Rouge One figures!

More rouge all round.

Kylo could use some rouge to cover up the wound from that time the unicycle ran over his face.

Kylo-Ren-Scar-Star-Wars-Last-Jedi.jpg

Mine Deluxe Death Trooper was shipped from BBTS... where the hell is director Krennic ?:impatient:

To me it seems HT is almost on strike with TLJ. Has been pretty lackluster. Or perhaps it's just me ??

However I guess the second film in a trilogy will always have a smaller/ modified set of HT figures. (e.g. GotG)

They burned themselves pretty bad with how deep they went with TFA before the movie even came out, both with the quantity of figures and number of characters (tons of every stormtrooper variant and even ones with almost no role like the snowtroopers).

Looks like they’re smartly just sticking to the main characters and they all look like improvements over their TFA counterparts. I would think Poe will be revealed soon and they’d probably be smart to just throw the new Phasma in a trash compactor somewhere.

I would expect a Leia but not sure who else, Snoke possibly.

They burned themselves pretty bad with how deep they went with TFA before the movie even came out, both with the quantity of figures and number of characters (tons of every stormtrooper variant and even ones with almost no role like the snowtroopers).

Looks like they’re smartly just sticking to the main characters and they all look like improvements over their TFA counterparts. I would think Poe will be revealed soon and they’d probably be smart to just throw the new Phasma in a trash compactor somewhere.

I would expect a Leia but not sure who else, Snoke possibly.

Yep, really hope they don't do Snoke. Of course I'd far prefer they did a villain like Krennic who was at least a part of the movie.

After the trouble of shifting TFA figures they must have surely waited to see how TLJ is received, not by critics but by the hard-core fans who buy these expensive figures.

Hopefully we see no more reveals from TLJ and we get Baze, Tank pilot plus others and much more OT stuff.

After the trouble of shifting TFA figures they must have surely waited to see how TLJ is received, not by critics but by the hard-core fans who buy these expensive figures.

Hopefully we see no more reveals from TLJ and we get Baze, Tank pilot plus others and much more OT stuff.

Yep, you could be right. It's probably what I'd do if I were Hot Toys wait on the result.

OT figures are a pretty safe bet. I'd like to think RO is also considered in that group.

Really hope HTs push a few OT/RO figs out before the Solo line. I wonder if some of the RO trooper designs will show up in Solo.

Rogue One may not be the freshest SW release, but I'll keep holding out hope for Krennic. He'd look so damn cool on a shelf.

Really hope HTs push a few OT/RO figs out before the Solo line. I wonder if some of the RO trooper designs will show up in Solo.

We were discussing that in the Shoretrooper thread I believe. From a time point of view I think there is roughly 30 years between RO and Solo. So certainly possible. However I'm sure for merchandise they will want something new & different. Perhaps a mix of Clone and Stormtrooper designs ??

Will be interesting to see. Would be nice if there was a little bit of harmony though.

I am actually hoping they will stick with using the stormtroopers from RO and add in some variants. There's quite a large gap between Solo and E9 so hopefully we will get some RO releases.

I am actually hoping they will stick with using the stormtroopers from RO and add in some variants. There's quite a large gap between Solo and E9 so hopefully we will get some RO releases.

One comment was that the Shoretroopers did have a lot of weathering. i.e have been in action a long time. OK maybe not 30 years. But gives perhaps a small bit of hope that they (or others) could appear in Solo. Certainly that Tank Driver design could.

The way the SW story group works giving a little bit of continuity between everything Star Wars there's a reasonable chance I think. Thankfully not too long to wait until the next bit of Star Wars.

Back