Why HT Mark VI price went up so fast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark VI, was labled as "Limited Edition" too...
HT-IRONMAN_MARK_VI_2_big.jpg

Hmm, I guess I was lucky, I wait listed on 3/31/11:pray:, when the MK VI was sold out, and I got mine last week.:fest:hi5:

Congrats for you conversion! I'm hoping my waitlist converts... The price on the Mark VI reg is on average $280-290 on ebay, not terribly high but more than I'm willing to pay.

Congrats for you conversion! I'm hoping my waitlist converts... The price on the Mark VI reg is on average $280-290 on ebay, not terribly high but more than I'm willing to pay.

My gods, I'm so glad that I jumped on my pre-order when I did. That's a much quicker rise than the IV had. Insanity.

Mere Speculation thats all. These guys are just throwing the hook out to see if people bite. It isn't necessarily reflective of the demand.

They look at how well the mark iv has done and figure the vi is the same sculpt so why not just try their luck.

This really is an aberration from my observations. Even other figures that sold out before coming in stock (thinking of the T1 and T2 T-800s) didn't immediately get jacked up 50% in value like this.

I do wonder if there are additional "waves" or "batches" coming, however, similar to what we saw with T2 T-800, DX Bats, etc., where HT only released a certain number to begin with then released more later. Recall that the "limited edition" tag was applied to the Mark IV but not the Mark VI, and some speculated that this would leave the option open for additional production runs by HT.

I was thinking the same. Despite the sold out pre ordered before release doesn't jack the price like this crazy. I am thinking with the recall problem create scarcity on this mark VI. But again we never know how many were produced.

I am still hoping HT will keep the production open. But at this stage I am really not sure it may happen.

FYI, I am not complaining for the price or whatsoever I am just confuse if there's sth really happen like sabotage from Hot Toys for this specific Mk VI.

Hmm, I guess I was lucky, I wait listed on 3/31/11:pray:, when the MK VI was sold out, and I got mine last week.:fest:hi5:

Congrats. I just knew that I missed on my chance when I PO so I just waitlist couple days ago. Still hoping will get one.

My gods, I'm so glad that I jumped on my pre-order when I did. That's a much quicker rise than the IV had. Insanity.

Deep down inside I knew this piece will go up in value when I put my PO for EX on SS website. But along the way I cancel my ex because it's so expensive comparing the price I could get from other seller. Now look at me left with nothing haha.

Mere Speculation thats all. These guys are just throwing the hook out to see if people bite. It isn't necessarily reflective of the demand.

They look at how well the mark iv has done and figure the vi is the same sculpt so why not just try their luck.

What do you mean? They can just try it out but people still bite. More and more people are selling theirs after they found out the current jacked up price.

I won' be surprise if HT IM line goes up on value. But this particular MK VI went up soooo fast for no clear reason. Is the market really that efficient?

maybe its because of the mk6 armor is the last iron man armor in the IM2 movie? possibly...

That's really possible. But to bring the price to the current level I doubt it. I was also thinking that this version comes with battle damage for pretty much little more than Mk IV.

waits for a new Mark VI to come out when IM3 hits :wave. I think HT will be done with all the circular IM suits after the new Mark II, so there will be plenty more with the triangle arc when the next movie comes out, that's what I'm waiting for.

Sideshow just cancelled my order last night so now I'm stuck looking for one. If anyone know of a site I can get one please let me know.

Sent from the ice planet Hoth on my fancy iPhone.

Sideshow just cancelled my order last night so now I'm stuck looking for one. If anyone know of a site I can get one please let me know.

Sent from the ice planet Hoth on my fancy iPhone.

I am looking for one too :(
Why did SS cancel yours? Good luck.

waits for a new Mark VI to come out when IM3 hits :wave. I think HT will be done with all the circular IM suits after the new Mark II, so there will be plenty more with the triangle arc when the next movie comes out, that's what I'm waiting for.

It's still different lol. Although Mk II Armor looks similar with MK II from IM I. I still consider both different.

It's still different lol. Although Mk II Armor looks similar with MK II from IM I. I still consider both different.

i think the making oh mk2 armor unleashed version is based on the part of the IM2 movie when rhodey took the mk2 armor and turned it into the warmachine...

Back