Why HT Mark VI price went up so fast?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepez

Super Freak
Reaction score
I realize that this piece has battle damage armors in one order. The triangle chest plate is also unique. But what's up with the price hike?
Anyone can give me an idea please do so? Is it because this piece has lower production run? Or is it because this Mark VI has more fan then other armor?
I saw a poll last time that actually people love mark IV the most.

Please provide answer and not posting comments saying this thread is unnecessary. I am really curious. Thank you.

Are you asking about the difference between 4 and 6 on retail price or aftermarket price?

After market. On average Mk IV sold for $220 and Mk VI $260.
Mk IV sold out before right? but why mk VI jumped way faster.

Suppply and demand

Low supply + high demand = $$$$$$

I know about high demand. But as for supply are you saying Mk VI has the smalled production size?

Simples.

I also just found out that many sellers got cut of their pre-ordered. Is it because of the recall last time or because of HT didn't produce as much as mk IV didn't expect the high demand?

If anyone knows anything let me know thanks.

Or for Mk. VI's case...

High but slow supply + Higher demand/impatient buyers

This is more interesting. Is it because the recall that HT has problem with the shipment? So will there more batches later?

Most sellers I know are out of stock already. Can you be more specific on impatient parts?
Coz I assume it's release worldwide by now so there's shouldn't be anymore waiting games right?

HT's slow release is actually making resellers to earn more (by over charging), while HT earns to same or less (due to time & logistics)

HT's slow release is actually making resellers to earn more (by over charging), while HT earns to same or less (due to time & logistics)

Oh the slow release. I see that because asian sellers got this faster then US. But now that all sellers got their piece should make the price normal right?
Let me put this way. Some sellers I know have extra stock of Mk IV, war machine, and other figures. But this Mk VI none of them have extra stock. All sold out like seconds..

I think most people didn't think they would need both figures so they went one or the other. As in hand pics started showing up people began changing their minds. By that time the preorders were gone. Then its supply and demand. I know I paid more for my Mark 6 then retail because I didnt want to miss it. Also if you recall there was a lag between shipments. Only part of the orders were filling so they aided in the panic. I have two because I didnt preorder but got on the Sideshow wait list and out of concern ordered one off Ebay for over retail. When the second shipment came through my wait list converted so now I have two.

I think most people didn't think they would need both figures so they went one or the other. As in hand pics started showing up people began changing their minds. By that time the preorders were gone. Then its supply and demand. I know I paid more for my Mark 6 then retail because I didnt want to miss it. Also if you recall there was a lag between shipments. Only part of the orders were filling so they aided in the panic. I have two because I didnt preorder but got on the Sideshow wait list and out of concern ordered one off Ebay for over retail. When the second shipment came through my wait list converted so now I have two.

This makes sense and explains the hike in price. I realize that Mk VI offers more accessories and battle damage feature. But mostly because of the panic I guess.

Many sellers got cut on their order that also caused panic.

So when all the batches delivered respectively will the price go down again?

My stupidity caused me miss this at retail price. Even so normally I still can get a chance to get one at retail after the items released. But this one is weird lol.

Thanks a lot guys for the insight.

Weird is right: slow (long intermittent) supply, high demand... as oppose to huge supply (within a short period) for (less) demand.

Predicted this in a way: Mk. 4 could be had for good deals, WM even better deals, not so with Mk.6

Mark VI preorders sold out long before the Mark IV even came in stock. It must be that good.

This makes sense and explains the hike in price. I realize that Mk VI offers more accessories and battle damage feature. But mostly because of the panic I guess.

Many sellers got cut on their order that also caused panic.

So when all the batches delivered respectively will the price go down again?

My stupidity caused me miss this at retail price. Even so normally I still can get a chance to get one at retail after the items released. But this one is weird lol.

Thanks a lot guys for the insight.
I don't think the prices will go down again.
It seems each one of the Mk.VI that HT makes is already spoken for even before it ships.

I pre-ordered mine for $274 (including shipping). which is not cheap, but not nearly as much as some are going for thee days. I should be receiving mine in a few days.. :D

I don't think the prices will go down again.
It seems each one of the Mk.VI that HT makes is already spoken for even before it ships.

The Exclusive Sideshow version is already fetching $350+..and I figure it will go higher, probably hit the $450 area.

Personally, I passed on the Mark IV just because I already had the Mark III and Mark III BD...So with the Mark VI coming I figured that it wasn't to much of a changed for me to drop the extra coin for the IV...But I do like the RDJ head.

The Exclusive Sideshow version is already fetching $350+..and I figure it will go higher, probably hit the $450 area.

Personally, I passed on the Mark IV just because I already had the Mark III and Mark III BD...So with the Mark VI coming I figured that it wasn't to much of a changed for me to drop the extra coin for the IV...But I do like the RDJ head.

:horror wow, $350? I may have to consider selling mine then...

I always knew mk VI will be great that's why I POed long time ago. But never thought it will be this much in a short time.

This really is an aberration from my observations. Even other figures that sold out before coming in stock (thinking of the T1 and T2 T-800s) didn't immediately get jacked up 50% in value like this.

I do wonder if there are additional "waves" or "batches" coming, however, similar to what we saw with T2 T-800, DX Bats, etc., where HT only released a certain number to begin with then released more later. Recall that the "limited edition" tag was applied to the Mark IV but not the Mark VI, and some speculated that this would leave the option open for additional production runs by HT.

Back