Why does everything Sideshow Star Wars dont go up in value ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple answer: Because a vast majority of SW collectors suffer from Completism and buy almost everything, hence the market is saturated on pretty much every product imaginable.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

:clap :clap :clap

The fact that this thread was started was for more attention seeking from the OP. It wasn't created for any constuctive conversation, it was just an opportunity for this persons sad little views. I don't think I have ever seen a positive contributing post by this person.

True, but it is a legitimate question and although I think I have the answer, some might disagree, which could lead to discussion and perhaps a worthwhile thread.

Talking about his motivations just feeds that ego and, beleive me, that ego doesn't need to get any fatter.

True, but it is a legitimate question and although I think I have the answer, some might disagree, which could lead to discussion and perhaps a worthwhile thread.

Talking about his motivations just feeds that ego and, beleive me, that ego doesn't need to get any fatter.

So what was the legitimate point of the OP adding this ? -
quote.jpg

You obviously know that the only reason this question was posted was to stir up trouble, otherwise you would not have felt the need to edit this. :rolleyes:

I think some of the later posts here hit this RIGHT on the head... The Star Wars line is HEAVILY OVER SATURATED!!!! I've been collecting SSC pieces from the Star Wars line for a few years now. Some items are AWESOME! And some are crap.... But bottom line, they're just making TOO TOO many of these things!!! I mean, they make figures for characters that have NO major role in any of the films! For example, GREEDO?!?! BOSSK?!?! Who cares!!! I think this REALLY hurt the value of the Star Wars pieces by CONSTANTLY creating a new figure, bust, diorama, WHATEVER just to maybe reach some particular niche market of the Star Wars crowd.... Either way, there are just TOO many pieces out there.... Nice pieces such as the Darth Maul bust and General Grievous figures are my personal favorites. But the others are just too many out there, making the appeal of EXCLUSIVITY deteriorate significantly...

I think some of the later posts here hit this RIGHT on the head... The Star Wars line is HEAVILY OVER SATURATED!!!! I've been collecting SSC pieces from the Star Wars line for a few years now. Some items are AWESOME! And some are crap.... But bottom line, they're just making TOO TOO many of these things!!! I mean, they make figures for characters that have NO major role in any of the films! For example, GREEDO?!?! BOSSK?!?! Who cares!!! I think this REALLY hurt the value of the Star Wars pieces by CONSTANTLY creating a new figure, bust, diorama, WHATEVER just to maybe reach some particular niche market of the Star Wars crowd.... Either way, there are just TOO many pieces out there.... Nice pieces such as the Darth Maul bust and General Grievous figures are my personal favorites. But the others are just too many out there, making the appeal of EXCLUSIVITY deteriorate significantly...

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Actually, you missed my point, if it was my post you were referring to. I welcome the new characters being represented in a high quality fashion - to a point. What I was suggesting is the abundance of Yoda, Luke, Vader etc; if Sideshow releases a Jabba then GG does, if GG releases an Obi-Wan in Clone armor then SS follows, and so on. There is an overall lack of originality right now, and it isn't really any of the manufacturers "fault" so to speak; it has all just been done before.

You obviously know that the only reason this question was posted was to stir up trouble, otherwise you would not have felt the need to edit this. :rolleyes:

Pay no attention to the trolls. Sadly we have enough to form a small town but ignore them the best you can.
------------------------------------------------------------------

There is 30 years of product out there and more coming all the time. That in and of itself will saturate the market and cause prices to drop. Sometimes the ES is too high on things but honestly the demand is there for the most part.

Is it nice to see what you buy keep its value? Sure is! However, I get my items for my enjoyment and what they do after is not of my control. IMO too many are too worried about the $$$ either selling for flipping or selling cause they want to say I have "x" item thats worth "y" price.

hmm... because every week something new comes out that makes previous collectibles obsolete?? and since there are no more movies coming out the hype for SW is dying down.
~~why is Marvel stuff getting so valuable??? their pieces aren't any better than most of the SW items. thanks to all the new movies coming and becoming blockbusters people are craving more and more Marvel items.

That and eventually after the marvel movie well has run dry the value will go with it.

i just dont get it:
"hi im a mutant who can shoot webs. wheeeeeeeeee!!!"
or
"hi, im a big lumox of a mutant made out of orange rock. double wheeeeeeeeeee!!!"

I don't think it's all because of the movies. Look at the Dr. Doom and Hulk PFs. Or the original IM comiquette and the Hulk/Spidey dio. Their value rose steadily way before the movies hit. I think a lot has to do with the fact that these are comic book icons. Some have been around for 40 years and have a huge following... Just like SW. And like others have already said; there's a flood of SW product out there. A lot of great products, but a lot.

And Shai, stop being a troll. :lol

I don't think it's all because of the movies. Look at the Dr. Doom and Hulk PFs. Or the original IM comiquette and the Hulk/Spidey dio. Their value rose steadily way before the movies hit. I think a lot has to do with the fact that these are comic book icons. Some have been around for 40 years and have a huge following... Just like SW. And like others have already said; there's a flood of SW product out there. A lot of great products, but a lot.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

hmm... because every week something new comes out that makes previous collectibles obsolete?? and since there are no more movies coming out the hype for SW is dying down.
~~why is Marvel stuff getting so valuable??? their pieces aren't any better than most of the SW items. thanks to all the new movies coming and becoming blockbusters people are craving more and more Marvel items.

The Marvel stuff is so valuable because the ES (for most of their pieces) is attactive to collectors/flippers, especially when you get into the real obscure and pointless ^^^^ like a Statue with a Camera or a nice belt or some ridiculous paint scheme.

It's downright hilrarious when you look some of the pieces that are classified as Grails.

I mean.....WTF is a "Negative Zone Spidey?".... An ES of 75 pieces, Holy Crap... that changes everything. Collectors are all of a sudden Spidey fans and need this piece in their collection because only 75 people in the WORLD can truly own one. :banana

Overall, the SW line is great and seems to be getting better now that SSC is releasing EU characters. For the most part the quality/likeness is there for the characters that I'm interested in. If they appreciate in the next few years fine....if not,..fine.

People in this hobby for investment really need to open their eyes.

People in this hobby for investment really need to open their eyes.

Well said. I just don't understand it sometimes.... I don't care how much something is worth in the long run. If I like it, I buy it. End of story. :lol

Back