Why does everything Sideshow Star Wars dont go up in value ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard from a good source, that alot of Marvel Fans Pre-Order SW items and then cancel. They do this to raise the edition and make SW products worth less then Marvel Statues.

so your source is confirming there officially is a collectibles conspiracy against sw fans fueled by marvel fans buying up all they can to raise the es, only to cancel before shipping?

your friend and anyone else that believes this needs to share their drugs with the rest of us. whoooooooooa! :peace

I heard from a good source, that alot of Marvel Fans Pre-Order SW items and then cancel. They do this to raise the edition and make SW products worth less then Marvel Statues.

Dont always believe everything you hear 4 it will seal your doom :naughty

Who cares? Not me. I don't buy these to re-sell.

:vader I LOVE STAR WARS! :vader

Last edited:

If only the Star Wars fans would have done that the other way around, we'd still have Dr. Doom, Cap and the Hulk at normal prices :D.

If only the Star Wars fans would have done that the other way around, we'd still have Dr. Doom, Cap and the Hulk at normal prices :D.

I recall Doom and Vader PF shipped around the same time so people cancelled Doom in mass to the point where my last second wait list converted for the exclusive. Mind you, this is after they had raised the ES on Doom Ex. Sideshow even advertised it on their front page "there is a good chance your Doom wait lists get converted..."

Looking back, it is one of the most classic moments in aftermarket irony I can recall (way up there with Grey Hulk vs Spiderman). "Yeah, that Vader is more popular than Doom...he'll be worth more later..." :lol

Moral of the story: you never know when it comes to this $tuff.

I recall Doom and Vader PF shipped around the same time so people cancelled Doom in mass to the point where my last second wait list converted for the exclusive. Mind you, this is after they had raised the ES on Doom Ex. Sideshow even advertised it on their front page "there is a good chance your Doom wait lists get converted..."

Looking back, it is one of the most classic moments in aftermarket irony I can recall (way up there with Grey Hulk vs Spiderman). "Yeah, that Vader is more popular than Doom...he'll be worth more later..." :lol

Moral of the story: you never know when it comes to this $tuff.

That is a really funny story. Star Wars fans love conspiracies though. :lol

This is quite true and the thing is now I think you're starting to see fewer items jumping because everyone is trying to cash in.

Trying to cash in, and facing so many items -- overload. The manufacturers themselves have been attempting to do some cashing in as well though, faux bronzes and endless exclusives (as in convention exclusives).

Trying to cash in, and facing so many items -- overload. The manufacturers themselves have been attempting to do some cashing in as well though, faux bronzes and endless exclusives (as in convention exclusives).

Yup and it all equals items that go down in value. Not that this is my main concern.

The way I see it is the 250 bucks I paid for a PF would have been spent by now on something. So if I sell it for 100 bucks today that's still 100 more dollars than I had yesterday. That's good enough for me.

Have to agree with the consensus about oversaturation... so much product and really Sideshow is probably making about the right ES so the figures (mostly sell out) but its not to the point where the secondary market is seeing much movement, and on many figures losses.

But, I think over time the fact that there are less than 2,000 of the exclusives will help them creep back over retail and maybe into profit. Also, if the armored figures deliver, as I'm hoping they will I think that will go a long way to turning around the fortunes of he earlier figures.

Either way, I buy figures because I want them and so far these are the 1/6 SW figures I've been wanting someone to make ever since Hasbro started releasing their crappy 12" figures.

Back