Who's the Lady PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be the first female PF figure?

• Galadriel

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Eowyn in white gown

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Eowyn in Rohan armor

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Arwen in Riding outfit

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Arwen in Red mourning gown

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Arwen in Coronation gown

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I just think that considering the VERY slow pace of this line, there are a lot of other characters I would want to see before any one of the three females. Knowing that we will only get one a year, it makes it that much more critical that every announcement be a highly anticipated character. And if they do a Galadriel and it doesn't sell that well, they might take that as a sign that the PF line is not that popular and they could consider giving it a rest. I want the next one to be something so cool that everybody just has to have it. If the first announcement in over a year doesn't knock everybody's socks off then I can see a lot of people who are already on the fence deciding to give up on this line.

tomandshell said:
they might take that as a sign that the PF line is not that popular and they could consider giving it a rest.

Haven't they already been doing that? :rolleyes:

tomandshell said:
If the first announcement in over a year doesn't knock everybody's socks off then I can see a lot of people who are already on the fence deciding to give up on this line.

Agreed. It had better be really good, whatever character it is.

woodsy said:
Haven't they already been doing that? :rolleyes:

I agree! I chose my words poorly. It's pretty funny to talk about giving a rest to a line that hasn't had any news in 13 months. But at least we know that work is being done behind the scenes.

:rotfl

If you return to the original list that SS gave for all their plans for LOTR figures you will notice that a Dark Galadriel was planned. Sadly, it was not among those that made the final cut. I would love to see them return to that concept for the PF line. I would quickly buy that one with various pieces of cloth flying every which way into the winds. My money says it will be Arwen.

gideon said:
If you return to the original list that SS gave for all their plans for LOTR figures you will notice that a Dark Galadriel was planned. Sadly, it was not among those that made the final cut. I would love to see them return to that concept for the PF line. I would quickly buy that one with various pieces of cloth flying every which way into the winds. My money says it will be Arwen.

Yeah, I have that original SS/Weta statue release list somewhere. We never did get the dark galadriel, lurtz in armor, faramir, moria orc spearman, gwaihar, and dare I say :naughty....pippen in shire clothing! So many missed opportunities!
I'm not big on the LOTR women, but I think a dark galadriel would be the most interesting choice.

I would love to see Arwen with Hadhafang in her green riding dress, and the coronation dress with the banner would be cool too. I think that if Galadriel were to come earlier though, we might get to expect other characters that may seem secondary in the PF line.

Seaward said:
I would love to see Arwen with Hadhafang in her green riding dress, and the coronation dress with the banner would be cool too. I think that if Galadriel were to come earlier though, we might get to expect other characters that may seem secondary in the PF line.

hmmmm...not sure I would consider Arwen to be a main character either. Sure we saw more of her than Galadriel...but a main character?....

tomandshell said:
I just think that considering the VERY slow pace of this line, there are a lot of other characters I would want to see before any one of the three females.

Couldn't agree more - I know they'll be trying to diversify and show what can be done in the format but I can think of at least a dozen pieces that I'd rather see before we get onto the women...

If I may chime in here, I seem to recall reading somewhere that a 'Dark Queen' Galadriel was a possibility for the 1:6 scale line...but she would certainly make one heck of a great PF too! Whichever lady they decide to do, they should definitely choose the most impressive costume that character wore for full PF treatment. The white gowns worn by Galadriel and Éowyn would both look pretty stunning in 1:4 scale, along with all the jewelry both wore, and Arwen had several great costumes, especially the number she wore at the coronation ceremony. Lots of possibilities to choose from, but I'm rooting for the 'Dark Queen', myself!

Statues

The statue figurines will be based on a 1:6 scale, so if the character is a 6-foot tall human, the statue will be one foot tall.

Flight to the Ford, to be released in September 2001:

Frodo Baggins
Samwise Gamgee and Bill the Pony
Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck
Peregrin "Pippin" Took
Black Rider & Steed
Gandalf the Grey
Aragorn, Son of Arathorn
A Journey in the Dark, to be released in November 2001:

Boromir, Son of Denethor
Legolas Greenleaf
Arwen Evenstar
Saruman the White
Orc Overseer
Gimli, Son of Gloin
Moria Orc Swordsman
Moria Orc Archer
Lurtz
The Breaking of the Fellowship, to be released in January 2002:

Lurtz, Uruk-hai Captain
The Lady Galadriel
Moria Orc Spearman
Urk-hai Swordsman
Elrond Halfelven
Orc Pit Master
The Witch King of Angmar in Trueform
The Shadow of the Past, to be released in February 2002:

Gil-galal, High King of the Noldor
King Elendil
Prince Isildur
Elrond, Herald of Gil-galad
High Elven Infantryman
Numenorean Infantryman
Orc Warrior
Dwarven Lord
A Knife in the Dark, to be released in March 2002:

Uruk-hai Scout Bowman
Barliman Butterbur
Orc Brute
The Watcher in the Water
Exclusive statues, release dates to be determined:

Bilbo Baggins
The Cave Troll
New Born Uruk-hai
Gwaihir
Arwen, Frodo, & Asfaloth
The Balrog

Here's the list from a 2001 SS press release. Might have been mistaken about a "dark" galadriel, no mention of it here.

woodsy said:
Statues

The statue figurines will be based on a 1:6 scale, so if the character is a 6-foot tall human, the statue will be one foot tall.
Here's the list from a 2001 SS press release. Might have been mistaken about a "dark" galadriel, no mention of it here.

Thanks for posting the list again! BTW, the "Dark Galadriel" I was referring to was NOT a statue version, but an action figure, like the four that have already been released! Since she was never made as a statue, that might increase the chances that we'll see her in either 12" AF or Premium Format at some point. I really hope they're planning to do just that!:D

Well, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that the next PF will be a female character....I'm running out of room and have made the choice that I will only buy Fellowship characters from now on (well maybe an orc, or the Mouth of Sauron - I love the bad guys). But if I had to choose, I would pick Arwen. I thought the polystone figures of Galadriel and Eowyn were very well done. The Arwen figure was a huge disappointment to me - no likeness what-so-ever, and is the only one I never bought. Hopefully this time if the PF is Arwen, they will do her justice.....but regardless, if I'm going to shell out $250+ for a PF figure, it won't be for any of the female characters....polystone yes...PF no way.

Jen said:
Well, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that the next PF will be a female character....

Not necessarily the very next one, but during Toy Fair it was noted that there are two PFs in the pipeline one female and one male; I am almost certain that the male will be released first.

:wave

*Also, I may be dreaming, wish projecting, whatever; but wasn't it all but confirmed during some event (SDCC?) that Galadriel would be the first female done?* :confused:

LOTRFan said:
Not necessarily the very next one, but during Toy Fair it was noted that there are two PFs in the pipeline one female and one male; I am almost certain that the male will be released first.

And the male character would be...???

woodsy said:
And the male character would be...???

:monkey3

148029LQsP_w.jpg

LOTRFan said:

Thanks! That is good news - hopefully the male will be a Fellowship character or a kick ass bad guy. :)

I want the Sackville Baggins Wifie - She would go great with my Frodo PF cos I could imagine him fending her off with Sting!!!!!!

(Disclaimer: I know that Frodo didn't strictly have sting at the one hundered and eleventy first bday bash but he could have easily 'borrowed it')

LOTRFan said:

Two PF's coming...one male...one female....very enlightening! Youv'e really gone out on a limb with this prediction :lol

woodsy said:
Two PF's coming...one male...one female....very enlightening! Youv'e really gone out on a limb with this prediction :lol

Someone's a smart ass aren't they? :rolleyes: If Matt knows he can't say as I'm sure he's been sworn to some agreement. :)

Back