Who's the best Robin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best live action portrayal of Robin

• Total voters

Magpie 7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Who's been the best live action version of Robin.

Four Choices
1) Burt Ward - Batman (1966) and TV series
2) Chris O'Donnell - Batman Forever and Batman and Robin
3) Joseph Gordon-Levitt - The Dark Knight Rises
4) Its pointless because none have portrayed him like the comic book version.

I picked Burt, the only one I felt was portraying the Robin character. If they had by someway decided to continue with JGL, he was going to be independent and regardless of what they called him, he would have been more of a Nightwing style hero.

I picked Burt, the only one I felt was portraying the Robin character. If they had by someway decided to continue with JGL, he was going to be independent and regardless of what they called him, he would have been more of a Nightwing style hero.

I agree with NT. Voting Burt.

Burt Ward is unbeatable in the roll. Though I did like Chris O'Donnell's take on Robin in Batman Forever.

Nobody could solve riddles like the Burt Ward Robin. He made Batman look like an idiot.

Robin-Hood.jpg

Burt Ward set the bar pretty high, O'Donnell i felt in a way was a homage to Ward as Robin...his **** Grayson might have been a homage to Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker if it had been made 10 years later.

O' Donnell is pretty good in Batman Forever, until he's Robin. :lol

They actually did a pretty admirable job handling the death of his parents, the whole revenge thing, and Grayson punching the **** out of Batman out of frustration. That speech Kilmerman has with him in the cave about pain and vengeance is pretty good stuff. I also like his decision in saving Two-Face in the end with the "rather see you jail" line.

Once Robin comes into the picture though, ehhhh, not so good. What's he in, 10 minutes of the movie? He ends up being nothing more than a hostage saying crap like, "holy twisted metal Batman". I'd say he had a decent set up, but ultimately ended up being wasted potential.

"I WANT MY OWN ROBIN SIGNAL."

Chris O'Donnell played Robin. Christopher Robin played with Pooh. Batman Forever was poo. Hmmm.

Which Robin was that one anyway? I don't think Batman was even mentioned in the Teen Titans show.

Those choices couldn't be more different from one another, but the one that best reflects the Grayson Robin I knew and enjoyed reading about was the pre-Robin O'Donnell Difabio is referring to. Wolfman/Perez-era New Teen Titans Robin was such a great depiction of a character being a teen with the kinds of responsibilities and identity problems you might imagine with a character with his background. That's the best incarnation I'm familiar with. I like the Earth-2 style Robin from Brave and the Bold, as well.

Back