1/6 Who'd buy HT PENGUIN or CATWOMAN from Batman Returns?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy HT Penguin and Cat?

• YES

Votes: 70 89.7%
  • NO

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
Honestly I would only want catwoman but not for $235 or more. I'm not interested in penguin.

I'd definitely buy an Oswald Cobblepot / Penguin. Ideally his majoral outfit from his first encounter with Penguin, but ideally the jumpsuit should be underneath to have the option.

As for Catwoman, since HT was stupid enough to promise us the Batman Returns line and then keep it in limbo/ cancelled for 8 years, forced me to look for a 1/6 Pfeiffer Catwoman elsewhere. I bought the Tweeterhead statue and the AC Play Catwoman. Both have great likenesses and work well standing next to the HT Batmen and Jokers. The HT Batman Returns Catwoman would have to be incredible in order for me to buy another, and to be honest HT hasn't been good at most female characters, save for a a couple of Leias, IMO.

both in a heartbeat.

I got this sent to me:
HT Catwoman.jpg

From a fellow toy photographer. It's in one of those behind the scenes at Hot Toys apparently. But is that a 1/6 Catwoman or is it the 1/4 Neca figure? :/

Of course. Although I have a nice custom CW, so a Penguin would be higher on my list. That said, I think HT would produce Catwoman first because Pfeiffer's performance is more iconic and there wouldn't be a need to engineer an all new body.

I'd buy any Michelle Pfeiffer figure they offer. Regular or battle damaged Catwoman, any variation of Selena.

I'd buy one version of Penguin for the sake of completion as long as Catwoman is revealed before or at the same time. I'm less enthusiastic on him not because he's ugly but I just don't think it's a good interpretation of the character. I felt pity for him in the movie and the Penguin is not a character you should feel sorry for. I want the despicable, greedy, immaculately dressed nightclub owner from the comics.

I'd buy a Max Shreck and Alfred figure to but obviously those will never get made.

As for re-releasing Keaton Batman. I'm not against that but the Returns version is still easy to get on eBay for a reasonable price. Probably makes more sense to re-do the 89 version.

I too would buy both a regular and battle damaged Catwoman.
I would also buy both a sewer-Penguin and mayor-Penguin.

Definitely buy both. Even though I’m not a fan of how Penguin was portrayed in the movie he’d still make a visually interesting figure and look really cool on the shelf.

I think Cat woman would sell well, but Penguin? Not really. He doesn't have much going for him. At least Catwoman is cool looking, plus they can make a BD version with the Selina head and crazy hair.

Penguin is just too ugly and perhaps the least popular villain from the 90's/90's Batman films. I think more people would buy an Arnold Mr Freeze, just for the lightup features.

A dirty little guy with a basketball for a body and little to no articulation, yeah, not selling.

Back