Who is pre-ordering the new Harry Potter Book?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbrad1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just wondering who among the freaks is pre-ordering the new Harry Potter book? I buy the English/British editions of the books because of their size and they got the title of the first book right, and my order is already in. So who else is in?!!!

Cheers,

Brad

I'll probably buy the thing as soon as it comes out but I won't actually do the preorder for it.

I don't know how readily available Harry Potter books are elsewhere, but here they're literally available everywhere once they're released. Bookshops and supermarkets always have huge quantities so there's no chance anyone will miss out.

I can't see the point in preordering something I know I'll be able to get easily when it's released.

Still I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the final book, I've got a feeling Snape's not an actual bad guy.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
I'll probably buy the thing as soon as it comes out but I won't actually do the preorder for it.

I don't know how readily available Harry Potter books are elsewhere, but here they're literally available everywhere once they're released. Bookshops and supermarkets always have huge quantities so there's no chance anyone will miss out.

I can't see the point in preordering something I know I'll be able to get easily when it's released.

Still I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the final book, I've got a feeling Snape's not an actual bad guy.

While I agree with you, I have to pre-order the book that you can readily get at your supermarket because I can't get the British edition to match my current library. But I agree with you, I think Snape isn't an actual bad guy but he killed Dumbledore. How can they turn that one around? Was he ordered by his own people to kill Dumbledore for some reason or another?

Cheers,

Brad

I preordered a copy....I did it because I often times get a better deal that way than waiting to purchase it at full retail at a bookstore. (Except for places like Target that usually have them on sale)....but this way it gets mailed right to my front door on the day of it's release and I don't have to leave the house and deal with all the kids and parents trying to get their mitts on a copy. :) Makes me a much happier person.

The past couple of releases have been non-existant around here for the first few days. I order from Amazon and it arrives on release day. No fighting the tots in the bookstore.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Oh yeah I totally get why you're preordering it to ensure you get a copy of the British version, sorry if my answer came across as smug, it wasn't intended to read like it.

Jabba, I didn't take it that way...so no offense taken. I just thought I would list my reason for no other reason than to throw in my two cents..for what that's worth!!!

Cheers

Brad

I too pre-ordered my British version, from Amazon.co.uk. It takes a few days to get here after the actual release date, and I have to walk around with my hands over my eyes and ears so I don't see/hear any spoilers! :D

jlcmsu said:
I did through Amazon a while back.
Same..but not really for me the woman likes it.I dig potter but not like the ol' lady.I'll read it though.

Migwit said:
I too pre-ordered my British version, from Amazon.co.uk. It takes a few days to get here after the actual release date, and I have to walk around with my hands over my eyes and ears so I don't see/hear any spoilers! :D

What's the difference between the British and American versions then?

I pre-ordered mine ages ago... I cannot wait to read it. I was actually thinking about that book this morning driving to work. How funny. I also want the POTC movie to come out already. I am dying to see that one too :D

drbrad1975 said:
...I think Snape isn't an actual bad guy but he killed Dumbledore. How can they turn that one around?

I dunno, but it worked for Vader. So I would assume some sort of self sacrifice to save someone else.

I keep hearing JK's gonna kill Harry Potter off in the last book but I can't see it happening personally.

I mean that would be a kind of dark ending for the story and since it's a kids book I'm hoping for a happy ending.

The books have always done dark in the past, but the general tone of stories are pretty positive overall.

drbrad1975 said:
While I agree with you, I have to pre-order the book that you can readily get at your supermarket because I can't get the British edition to match my current library. But I agree with you, I think Snape isn't an actual bad guy but he killed Dumbledore. How can they turn that one around? Was he ordered by his own people to kill Dumbledore for some reason or another?

Cheers,

Brad

Read the chapter where he kills Dumbledore again, Dumbledore says to him "Severus please" before he dies. I think Dumbledore was asking to be killed so that Snape could maintain his cover as a double agent for the good guys working inside the Death Eaters.

When Harry was chasing him he also says something about how he's never going to catch him using weak spells like that. I think Snape has been really hard on Harry to make him tough enough to take on Voldermort in the final battle.

Of course it's just theory.

Nah....didn't preorder. Since I hadn't gotten the UK versions for previous books, no point for me. Plenty of stores around here to just pick up from on release day (I hope).

JABBATHERIDGE said:
What's the difference between the British and American versions then?

The British version is smaller in size and is unedited. By edited, I mean that some of the british colloquialisms were removed and the titled of the first book was changed. I hope this helps. Here is a website that highlights some of the differences. They aren't major and by no means change the story but differences nonetheless. I bought the UK versions because I like the size and I like the title of the first book better.

https://www.uta.fi/FAST/US1/REF/potter.html

Cheers,

Brad

Back