Who here has all of the Iron Man Armors?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
incredible how much money some guys have to spend for the iron man figures.its not like they cost 45 bucks.i can only afford about 2-3 figures a year
It's only money. I worked my ass off 7 days a week for years, might as well enjoy the money I saved. lol

In 1/6 just all the HPP, eliminated the rest for future 1/4 versions

ic1g27J.jpg

I got the important ones: DC War Marchine MK 1, MK 43, DC MK 6 on preorder and MK 46 on preorder all with no credit card debt.

I've got each numbered/named IM Mk released thus far.

Have each numbered WM Mk + Patriot, except my Mk II is the IM3 version.

Have Monger and Whiplash Mk II

I don't go for PPs, or special edition recolors, though I will go for DC versions of the ones I really like. (WM Mk I and IM Mk VI).

Same here for me. I don't get the special colors that never even theoretically appeared in a film. But as far as i know, i have everything else. I tend to keep the most updated version of things like War Machine except for the recent MK III. I much prefer the look of the MK II than the III so that's what's in my display currently.

In 1/6 just all the HPP, eliminated the rest for future 1/4 versions

ic1g27J.jpg

I really love this look you have with the dynamic rods. That's a nut and a set screw bolt down you have for that correct?

This is what I am going to need do to the HPP to arc around the corner of the den. The look you have and the poses really make all the different armors pop. :clap

I blew up my display due to Star Wars and the inevitable arrival of Hulkbuster, so really thinking this could be the space saver to display all of the armors. I want to display Vader with the 20 ANH Stormtroopers I have just wasting away box coffins, so must reclaim real estate.

I really love this look you have with the dynamic rods. That's a nut and a set screw bolt down you have for that correct?

This is what I am going to need do to the HPP to arc around the corner of the den. The look you have and the poses really make all the different armors pop. :clap

I blew up my display due to Star Wars and the inevitable arrival of Hulkbuster, so really thinking this could be the space saver to display all of the armors. I want to display Vader with the 20 ANH Stormtroopers I have just wasting away box coffins, so must reclaim real estate.

Yeah I was more than maxed out with those gigantic bases all over, now they attach with a small (but powerful) magnet, so there is still tons of legroom

rhtuk5Nl.jpg
ja1JD76l.jpg

Dynamic rod threaded to a coupler and screw threaded through a mounting magnet. The shelf is lined with sheets of stainless steel painted black. The stand thread is M8 x 1.0 (fine pitch), which is very uncommon, but a few chinese sellers on ebay make couplers in that size. Mounting magnets from K&J magnetics. I haven't got around to painting all the parts black yet, but that would be pretty easy to do as well

Bases
k6Md2ee.jpg

No more bases
q25XFuA.jpg

Even with them standing you still get a lot more space back, plus it looks a lot better with an ensemble pose. Someday I plan on having a similar setup but more enclosed in a long shelf, I can see putting metal on top too so flying poses can magnet and hang from above too

Here is the list I of armors I have.

Iron Man Mark I MMS-080
Iron Man Mark III Battle Damaged MMS-110
War Machine MMS-120
Iron Man Mark VI MMS-132
Iron Man Mark V MMS-145
Iron Man Mark II Armored Unleashed MMS-150
Iron Man Mark VII MMS-185
Tony Stark Armor Testing Set MMS-191
Iron Man Mark XLII MMS-197 D02
Tony Stark (The Mechanic) MMS-209
Iron Man Mark XVII Heartbreaker MMS-212
Iron Man Mark XXXVIII Igor MMS-215
Iron Man Mark XX Python MMS-248
Iron Man Mark XLI Bones MMS-251
Iron Man Mark XXXVI Peacemaker MMS-258
Iron Man Mark XLIII MMS-278 D09
Iron Man Mark VII Stealth MMS-282
Iron Man Mark XLV Diecast MMS-300 D11
Iron Man Mark III Stealth MMS-314 D12
Iron Man Mark XXVI Gamma MMS-332
Iron Man Workshop Accessories ACS-002
Iron Man Mark III Construction DS-003
Iron Man Mark XXXV Red Snapper PPS-002

That's mine + the 1st Whiplash so far ...

Thats not what he was saying. He's saying these cost a lot so its about salary and affordability rather than spending/lifestyle choices.
Yeah, I'd much rather them be $150 each... It would sure make this whole collecting thing better. Hell, if even start with companion figures and other Marvel lines.

Every time I order another figure, I cringe a little when I see my credit card statement. lol I've had to change my spending habits a bit to afford these, but I think it's worth it.

It is what it is. Its plastic crack. Its an addiction. Everybody have diffrent priorities. Everybody have different way of life style.
As long as you dont complain in here that your in debt, no money what so ever, do/buy what makes u happy. IMHO

It is what it is. Its plastic crack. Its an addiction. Everybody have diffrent priorities. Everybody have different way of life style.
As long as you dont complain in here that your in debt, no money what so ever, do/buy what makes u happy. IMHO
Agreed. No complaints on my end. I've spent more money on worse things before. At least this time I have something to look at.

Yeah I was more than maxed out with those gigantic bases all over, now they attach with a small (but powerful) magnet, so there is still tons of legroom

rhtuk5Nl.jpg
ja1JD76l.jpg

Dynamic rod threaded to a coupler and screw threaded through a mounting magnet. The shelf is lined with sheets of stainless steel painted black. The stand thread is M8 x 1.0 (fine pitch), which is very uncommon, but a few chinese sellers on ebay make couplers in that size. Mounting magnets from K&J magnetics. I haven't got around to painting all the parts black yet, but that would be pretty easy to do as well

Bases
k6Md2ee.jpg

No more bases
q25XFuA.jpg

Even with them standing you still get a lot more space back, plus it looks a lot better with an ensemble pose. Someday I plan on having a similar setup but more enclosed in a long shelf, I can see putting metal on top too so flying poses can magnet and hang from above too

That is pretty brilliant with the sheets of stainless. It gives you a palate of room across the entire footprint to wedge the armors how you see fit and do not have to commit to a screw hole, very nice application. I would think setting up something like this going horizontal would be able to carry the weight for most of the plastic pieces. I would be a little afraid to try it with something like Hot Rod.

Yeah, I'd much rather them be $150 each... It would sure make this whole collecting thing better. Hell, if even start with companion figures and other Marvel lines.

Every time I order another figure, I cringe a little when I see my credit card statement. lol I've had to change my spending habits a bit to afford these, but I think it's worth it.

There are definitely worse vices out there. I tend to look at "renting" many pieces to see if they go with the direction of where I like my collection going. The nice part about HT is they hold their value pretty well. You may lose a few dollars here and there but you can also make up the difference selling other pieces that appreciate. Unlike drinking and smoking its pretty umpossible to bring back a good scotch or cigar. Well bringing it back to be reusable anyways. :lol

Exactly, that's the irritating part. Its a vicious cycle here cause this hobby will suck you in and spit you out in little plastic pieces. Newbs to 1/6 collecting catch the fever and by their pants off early rack up thousands of dollars of credit debt and then freak when they have a car payment for their CC's. Then they cry the chicken***** blues and dump all their pieces in about a 8-9 month cycle, all the while B&Ming about their bad finances till they bow out of the hobby. You buy your way into the mess, need to take responsibility and sell the way back out. Hopefully they learn a valuable lesson along the way.

That is pretty brilliant with the sheets of stainless. It gives you a palate of room across the entire footprint to wedge the armors how you see fit and do not have to commit to a screw hole, very nice application. I would think setting up something like this going horizontal would be able to carry the weight for most of the plastic pieces. I would be a little afraid to try it with something like Hot Rod.

Yeah, the magnets makes it easy to change up the display or just make minor adjustments. I do have Hot Rod flying at the moment, its more of a factor of the strength of the grabber than the magnet so I have it on the underside to better balance the grip. He'll fly upright ok too in more of a hover pose as well. The pull strength on those size magnets is like 140 pounds, the rubber cover blunts that a bit but they still hold very strongly while still being removable with the right leverage

AMpMlMt.jpg

I've had every armor released, I wanted the entire hpp..until I realized that my collection would only consist of iron man because I couldn't afford any other figures. I craved variety so I sold most of them off. My focus now is just the main movie armors and a few exclusives. My list goes:

marks 1-7
Mark 7 stealth
mk 33 Silver Centurion(still my fav, never ever selling)
Mark 38 Igor(I want to sell this but I'll end up losing money)
Mk 42
Mk 43(plus quarter scale)
Mk 45
Tony Stark Workshop mms191
Tony Stark mechanic(My Son's)
Construction mk 3
Hoa×5(need 2 more to complete my set up)
Mk 46 (preorder)
Mk 47(preorder)
I wish that I could've stuck with it, but I have the mains so it's all good

Back