Who Has To Sacrifice Boxes In The Name Of Space?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Have Space To Keep Your Boxes

• Yes

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Sonic The MadHOG

Super Freak
Reaction score
Land Of The True Scotsman (Yes Peeps I Don't Own A
I'm just wondering if I'm alone in the fact I need to get rid of huge boxes because I've got no space for them. I have a loft with a hole big enough for boxes for 12" figures, small dioramas & smaller props but boxes for PF's, Cinemaquettes, LSB's, Life-Size busts, large props & larger Maquettes need to be sacrificed in the name of space:monkey2

I never think of my babies as an investment when I buy them but thinking about the amount of huge collectables I have with no boxes, when the inevitable time comes when they do need to be sold the price will need to be cut & shipping will be a nightmare:mad:

That sux man.
I completely understand, I have often thought about collecting Life size busts, but I would need one room for display...and an even bigger room for box storage.
The Predator 1:1 box is the size of a small freezer!

Well, I would never get rid of the boxes. I would the shipping boxes, but not the original boxes the figures come in. Is there anyway you can put some inside of others? Maybe store them somewhere else?

That sux man.
I completely understand, I have often thought about collecting Life size busts, but I would need one room for display...and an even bigger room for box storage.
The Predator 1:1 box is the size of a small freezer!

The Preddie CM box is bigger than a fridge freezer:lol

Well, I would never get rid of the boxes. I would the shipping boxes, but not the original boxes the figures come in. Is there anyway you can put some inside of others? Maybe store them somewhere else?

I've thought of everything, it depresses the hell out of me:(:lol There's no where at all, I might just buy a flat just for my poor boxes:lol

The Preddie CM box is bigger than a fridge freezer:lol

I've thought of everything, it depresses the hell out of me:(:lol There's no where at all, I might just buy a flat just for my poor boxes:lol

Can you rent a small storage unit? You could store other things out of the way as well.

If your throwing them out anyways, you should at least be breaking the boxes down for compact storage and throwing only the foam away. It will still be a ^^^^^ to sell again but at least its better than nothing and you can prove your pieces are authentic.

If your throwing them out anyways, you should at least be breaking the boxes down for compact storage and throwing only the foam away. It will still be a ^^^^^ to sell again but at least its better than nothing and you can prove your pieces are authentic.

I totally agree with this statement. If you truly are out of space, then at the very least, keep the boxes stored flat, and ditch the packing foam.

Can you rent a small storage unit? You could store other things out of the way as well.

Oh man I wish I had thought of that before I spent 30+k on huge collectables:monkey2 I started this thread to find peeps to share my pain but I'm just adding to it:lol

Yes I feel dumb:(:lol

I'm quickly running out of space. I'm not sure what I'll do. My biggest fear about throwing away boxes is how to keep my collectibles from breaking whenever I have to move. I may start tossing out the boxes of items I'm confident can be kept safe without the box, such as 12" figures.

Sonic, what will you do if you ever have to move?

That's what concerns me more than selling.
There's no way I could possibly transport all of my precious poly without their specific foam inside those beautiful boxes.
th_sad.gif

I rent a storage space to keep all of my boxes!

I feel your pain. I usually just end up collapsing the boxes if they are too big such as Lifesize bust, etc

basements are God's gift to the collector.

Yep, my basement is unfinshed and is just used as storage so I've got plenty of room for boxes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/W3YrTkqOZKw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/W3YrTkqOZKw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sonic, what will you do if you ever have to move?

That's what concerns me more than selling.
There's no way I could possibly transport all of my precious poly without their specific foam inside those beautiful boxes.
th_sad.gif

I rent a storage space to keep all of my boxes!

I don't worry about that, I've got a spinal cord injury so my pad is adapted for me, the only reason I'd move is if my house got hit by a bomb & then I'll not have the stress of moving the babies, just having a funeral for them:lol

Back