1/6 Bruce “JAWS” bust from SharkCityOzark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is one I have been saving for since my PSC AWIL statue purchase. Its my 4th statue purchase, but has been the most desired one.

33015264472fdf0063c3758731465916.jpg

Its turned out that Mile and Cathy live not to far away from me, and during our annual vacation to the mountains we were able to meet up so I could pick this masterpiece up in person.

800d644362a2531e8c8b5ab580f2693b.jpg

I shot them a TXT when I got into town and in 15 minutes we met up and I got to see my “Bruce”. They seemed just as excited as this was their first “in person” delivery. I think they got a rush out of seeing someone open one of their items in person.

67fa972ccc2c22567022cb0e028b986a.jpg

You could not ask for a nicer couple to deal with. And you could not find a better quality maquette.

9fb5d1814a8dbfea346926ab66d20a48.jpg

The detail is outstanding. One might think detail in a shark might be a limited thing. Not with this guy. The skin literally has a rough texture like a real shark. The teeth are sharp and perfectly colored and shaped.

f5cdbb92cd35e6b18d34384bc644f64c.jpg

The tones of the grays and white are amazingly accurate and subtle. The gloss “dolls eyes” are perfect replicas of the film, they have a depth thats hard to explain while still being dark and “lifeless” as in the film.

b5d9f6c82f6f10a6e016728684fd46c1.jpg

Overall this thing is HUGE. Its a true 1/6 and since I am working on a 1/6 Quint, its great to have this to scale. While its huge they used a flexible but strong resin , and an inner foam core so its surprisingly light.

f4d4d82f0b23f00bb3ceb267cd45d30f.jpg

Its fits perfectly into a detolf cube as well. I did the flex payment plan. This model came with a “Yum yum yellow raft, but I opted for the Air tank prop to simulate the ending of one of my favorite films.

ca3a9e4d8f93c51df1d65df4f54a23e9.jpg

Dum dum, dum dum. Dumdumdumdum dumdum dum dum doo dum.....

Dodada!!!!

Last thing you see when “Bruce” come for you.

8893a89612d9612d6c420487cd5a37cb.jpg

If your looking for a JAWS collectable, you have precious few options. But I am glad to say that you do not need options. Mike and Cathy at SCO have you fully covered. If you invest in this bust you will never regret it.

https://sharkcityozark.com/index.html

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Love it! :clap

Have one myself. It really pops on the shelf with its sheer size and presence relative to all those "little meals" in museum poses.

Congratulations!

Looks nice! I would want to put it on a base though, made of translucent resin to simulate the ocean water/waves. Not sure how easy that would be to pull off?

Looks nice! I would want to put it on a base though, made of translucent resin to simulate the ocean water/waves. Not sure how easy that would be to pull off?

Great idea....not that hard actually.....

I may be getting a top of the line quint project going with some of the best 1/6 artists in the biz...Maybe not. Been toying with that for awhile now.

The thing holding me back is Bruce. It’s nothing without Bruce. You really need the shark... or nothing.

I’ve seen this product before and I think this is a stellar review that really showcases what a well done item it is.

But at the end of the day it’s a random floating shark head. The full scale shark the same artists does is not 1/6 scale:

And if you ever could one day have a 1/6 scale Bruce shark sitting there, it’s just a GIANt shark just sitting there. So that doesn’t work.

Then you are getting in diorama territory if you take this head and build something around it. Like in a water scene with a destroyed boat or whatever... And who’s got space for that?

So at the end of the day I reach the same conclusion. A great movie that just can’t be represented in a 1/6 scale collection.

Oh c'mon Ray :lol

This movie deserves quality figures moreso than all the crap (yeah, I said it) that does gets produced that won't have the same impact or lifespan when compared to Jaws. Let's face it.

That Brody is great....

Wonder what sculpt that is?

Good man, thank you and amazing Idea to include the beer.

It felt right to put it there. Other than paying top dollar for a yellow barrel or the like. One day, I would love to pick up one of those Bruce heads though. I've been casually looking for a real set of shark jaws that would be in-scale as well.

I know I'll eventually break down and order that Bruce bust as well.

I first need to get my trio completed. I've had mine for possibly a decade and only have one sculpt painted...

Yeah, I have all the elements for my Quint......just not painted. Test fitted the hat this week, and its looking great.....

May have to send this one out to get painted.....

Back