Who do you want to see next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you like to see next?

• Total voters
Since when?

firefly.jpg

Firefly is all about shooting things and blowing things up. He ain't a ninja.

While I think it's kinda lame, Hasbro did produce a 12" Firefly that had the Arashikagi clan symbol tattooed on his shoulder. :huh

I want both Firefly and Beachhead, but since Sideshow already annouced that both figures are "in development", I voted for Major Sebastian Bludd instead.

G.I. Joe figures not on that list I'd like to see are Stalker in his winter/tundra gear, Tunnel Rat, and Low Light. Shockwave was pretty cool too, but he was essentially a rehashed Beachhead.

As for Cobras, I'd like to see more of the specialized Cobra forces before individual characters. After Destro, Major Bludd, Firefly, the Baroness, and Zartan and his Dreadnoks, the quality of "realism" drops significantly as does the suspension of disbelief. I love all of the old RAH characters, but in keeping with Sideshow's mission statement for this line, I really don't want to see Dr. Mindbender, Raptor, Big Boa, or Croc Master.

They are awesome. Croc Master was one of my favorite figures ever with his bull whip and his crocodile...but part of the appeal (at least for me) of Sideshow's line is the awesome gear each figure has come with. Yes, a Big Boa with a Hot Toys muscle body to go with his boxing gloves maybe cool, but i want some tactical gear.

Not singling out anyone in particular, but every time I see a comment regarding HotToys' muscle body, I really wonder how many of these posters actually own one vs. just posting because they "look cool." They really aren't a good option for anything in this line. True they are visually appealing, but no more so than a PF and honestly, the "coolness" ends there. Over time, the rubber will rot (ED-209) if not in the absolute perfect storage conditions, they're literal dust magnets and a pain to clean, throw poseability out the window, etc. Sideshow would just be better off, sculpting some muscle parts (chest, arms, legs) for their modular Pro. Hell, some of us HT collectors might even seek out a plastic body to replace the rubber muscle bodies if the look is there.

Agreed. I was using Big Boa as an example of why I would not want one of the more eclectic characters produced. I'd prefer a figure that comes with a great uniform as well as tactical gear.

Not singling out anyone in particular, but every time I see a comment regarding HotToys' muscle body, I really wonder how many of these posters actually own one vs. just posting because they "look cool." They really aren't a good option for anything in this line. True they are visually appealing, but no more so than a PF and honestly, the "coolness" ends there. Over time, the rubber will rot (ED-209) if not in the absolute perfect storage conditions, they're literal dust magnets and a pain to clean, throw poseability out the window, etc. Sideshow would just be better off, sculpting some muscle parts (chest, arms, legs) for their modular Pro. Hell, some of us HT collectors might even seek out a plastic body to replace the rubber muscle bodies if the look is there.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Show me those joints Quick Kick to the face! :banana

Call me a quote whore but this post has several valid points. :lecture

Given, Quick Kick would look terrible on a shirtless Pro. but on something along the lines of the Enterbay Bruce Lee bodies he would look awesome!

Since when?
firefly.jpg

Firefly is all about shooting things and blowing things up. He ain't a ninja.
:lecture

But didn't you guys know? Whenever a character wears a balaclava he automatically has to become a Ninja. :rolleyes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(G.I._Joe)
In the comics, he is a trained ninja (c'mon, almost all characters in comics are ninjas). Although, I agree that the more traditional RAH terrorist is more widely known.
Hey guys, I agree that it is silly. But I didn't write the Marvel RAH comics (which I believe are considered canon) and in the comics he is a trained ninja as well.

True, but at that point I think Hama should have moved on to something else.

He is a saboteur. Not some silly faceless ninja that turns his head really fast when pictures are taken.

Hasbro probably forced Hama to retro-fit Firefly as a "ninja" to further cash in on the craze at the time. Either way, it's lame and contrived.

Back