Who deserves the Indy license?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should make Indy figures?

• Sideshow Collectibles

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Hot Toys

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • Medicom

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to go with Hot Toys on this one. Medicom isn't too keen on including a lot of accessories, and Sideshow's body type is too outdated for me. Hot Toys would be a nice balance of improved body type, accessories (they sure didn't short-change the Colonial Marines, did they?), and sculpt.

Of the 3 given choices I'd go for Hot Toys but I'd really like to see Enterbay get the license too even if they only released Indy. Arnie Kim's custom Indy is fantastic and while an "official" release wouldn't be cheap it would set the standard for any future Indy figures in much the same way as his Bruce Lee figures have.

I really like the likenesses made by SSC the best and I'm hoping that Capt Faramirs assessment that since we haven't seen alot of 12" releases is evidence of a new body.

Plus I'm cheap when it comes to buying toys for myself.

I went with Sideshow, not because I think they would do a better job, just because I know it would be much more affordable for me.

I wouldn't mind if all three or two of the three got to make one, that way we would have a nice selection.

Hot Toys is the overall balance between HS, body, accessories..etc the best choice. I vote for Hot Toys.

Enterbay will make a kick-ass Indy, but the price will be high, and probably I am the only one who doesn't like Arnie's Indy head sculpt.

I'm not crazy about Enterbays Indy either. The clothes are nice but I think Hot Toys could do a better for cheaper.

This sculpt looks way off to me.

Sideshow for me because of affordability and quality of sculpt. The body is a downer, but I remember a chat last year where someone (I *think* with Brant, but I could be wrong) said we should "look for new bodies in 07."

If there are new bodies on the horizon, then there is no doubt in my mind that Sideshow would make the superior product.

I'm going with HT, but they would need to nail the sculpt....something they have trouble doing. If SSC comes up with a new body, I'd vote for them. They are listening to us...right?

Batty said:
I'm going with HT, but they would need to nail the sculpt....something they have trouble doing. If SSC comes up with a new body, I'd vote for them. They are listening to us...right?

You don't think HT nailed the Stallone sculpts? I thought Clark Kent looked good too but their last two Rambo's are near perfect IMHO. I have no doubt HT could nail a Ford likeness.

Cocoboloboy said:
You don't think HT nailed the Stallone sculpts? I thought Clark Kent looked good too but their last two Rambo's are near perfect IMHO. I have no doubt HT could nail a Ford likeness.
I never paid attention to the Stallone figures since I had no interest in it. But you're right about Superman. I guess they could do a good Indy sculpt.

KamenGuyver said:
Now HT has Yuli doing head sculpt. I think she can pull it off.

Who's Yuli? Is that the chick in the Sao Feng picture? What else has Yuli sculpted? Do you want some more questions?:D

Back