Who could play Captain America in a Live Action Movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ill Jedi said:
YEAH!! I totally agree, he does have that Steve Rogers(esque) look and feel to him doesn't he!? He's need to bulk up a little, but I think he'd make a near perfect choice.

neal4.jpg

Not a bad choice, I just think from seeing his other movies/TV shows that I don't he he would be a believable Captain America

Thomas Jane maybe. he's short but has the face, can bulk up, and is about the age. i feel strongly that Cap shouldn't be too young. late 30s early 40s.

Matthew McConaughey might work also. i'd imagine that if Cap ever does come to the silver screen that he won't be in the traditional winged helmet, chainmail, ect but rather in something that's been "Hollywood-ized" like the Xmen unis. i'd bet Cap would look more like the Ultimate version. lotsa kevlar and leather, in which case the suit could add bulk to the actor ala Keaton's Batman.
gawd we need another muscle bound action star like Arnie was.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. The first actor that came to my mind was the man who plays Jack Bauer on 24. While he has bagage (well a lot of it) I think he would be perfect for Cap. But an unknown is a great idea as well. Worked for a Wolverine and two Supermen.

I love Keifer and the Jack Bauer character but I just can't see him slinging around a shield in the costume....

Actually, while I don't think he looks enough like Bond, I think Daniel Craig would be a great Captain America....

if he was, I dunno,

AMERICAN!

I know that a lot of you guys don't want an Australian, an Englishman or Scottish person playing Capt. But seriously, currently in todays world I think the best actors come from countries outside of the U.S.......I can see the problem if an Englishman played Captain America, For Example: you'd see him at an appearance and the kids would run up to that English actor and be like, "OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN" and then he goes over to the kids and says "Hey love, how ya doin", in an non-American accent. But I currently believe there are not any Americans that would make a good Captain America.

I was thinking Val Kilmer. Although he was already Batman. I didn't think of Neal McDonough but he seems to have the look.

Well it would have to be an Orgin flick as his never been in a real movie... I'd go with an unknown for the role - Cap is like Superman, iconic and you don't want to be watching Brad Pitt or someone like that... You want to believe the person in the movie IS Captain America!

I can't think of anyone who IS Captain America. He has to be the embodiment of the American ideal and right now I can't think of any talent that would fit that description lest wear the red white and blue spandex. God forbid we have Matt Damon following in the blind footsteps of Daredevil Bennifer.

I think Aaron Eckhart would do a good job...He's sexy, he's smart....he's a damn good actor and though he's done a lot of movies he's not a HUGE star that would have a lot of baggage with him.
AaronEckhart.jpg

The best guy to play Captain America would be this guy.....hes got everything, the look,the eyes,the physique,the attitude...

the only problem i could see is that hes not american...hes a kick ass Canadian...

ETIENNE16.jpg

Shai Hulud said:
The best guy to play Captain America would be this guy.....hes got everything, the look,the eyes,the physique,the attitude...

the only problem i could see is that hes not american...hes a kick ass Canadian...

ETIENNE16.jpg

Shai, the only character you could play would be Captain Canuck. :lol

Captain_Canuck1.jpg

Last edited:
Shai Hulud said:

ETIENNE16.jpg

Wait a second--- Captain America is gay? When did that happen?:D

But seriously--give George Eads (Nick Stokes from CBS' CSI) some roids and a few months and he'd make a good Cap... of course maybe he's only 5'7 but then that's why they invented stilts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back