While we're all waiting for Sideshow...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
.... to announce any further plans they may have for their LOTR licence, we can always fill the time by looking forward to what Weta have to offer. Here is the latest post from them on the Shadow and Flame:

"The trickling stream turns into a steady flow .....

...... as we whizz past the earlier target of 10 new products, and launch at least 8 new LOTR products this week ... (wish there was someone at Weta who could actually count !)

Two months to Comic Con .... Hold onto your hats ... It's gonna be a bumpy ride !"

Enviros, mini charcters, mini helms and art prints much likely.

Most stuff from the prototypes they allready produced while back, I guess.

Sweet! Sounds like its gonna be time for some more mini statues, shields helms, prints and enviros. Also sounds like I'm gonna be busy reporting news. :lol

Yeah i'm hoping for Barad-Dur too.

They've also just said that maybe something 'unexpected' might be coming, which of course has got everyone jumping wildly to conclusions about The Hobbit!

Haha 8 magnets. That's really unexpected. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
60 bucks for a set + shipping only from NZ + taxes. Who buys this?

Last edited:
Am planning to get them at the Con, if they have them there. Would save me some $$ on shipping from NZ. They wouldn't be very hard to carry around and would take up very little room in my luggage going home.

I like them. Although I doubt I would get the Hobbit feet, don't think I would like a pair of hairy feet on my fridge, fake or not :lol
x :peace

That one would be at the bottom of my list. The red book, Sauron, sting, green dragon, prancing pony, and the door to bag end are all ones I really like.

I really think that talk about 8 new items (it's true, they're) and together with the 'unexpected' word (Hobbit reference) and after all show that...it's a bad joke (being very very very polite), but it's good for my bank account

Haha 8 magnets. That's really unexpected. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
60 bucks for a set + shipping only from NZ + taxes. Who buys this?

Weta aren't just a statue company, they do all sorts of quirky and interesting things like this. If they aren't for you, fair enough - just move on and wait for whatever you like to be released.

I really think that talk about 8 new items (it's true, they're) and together with the 'unexpected' word (Hobbit reference) and after all show that...it's a bad joke (being very very very polite), but it's good for my bank account

Weta didn't really hint themselves that the word 'unexpected' was Hobbit related, that's just fans hyping things up out of proportion.
They hinted that there would be an environment announcement in their next e-mail, which would surely mean Friday, so although i'll pass on the magnets, i'm looking forward to that.

Yes, I'll probably pass on the magnets too. I'm a fan of their new art prints, bought the 'disturber of the peace', although not as gone on the second 'Flight to the Ford'. There are so many great scenes they could use, my favourite would be where the Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli ride toward Edoras with the moutains in the background.

Last edited:
I think if the environment is what I think it is I can't wait. I will be ordering that in a heartbeat. As far as the magnets go these aren't for everyone but having one should be cool.

Back