Which will be more valuable? Exclusive Anakin or Red Skull PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing to consider may be the interest of the exclusive piece to you.

Do you value the alternate headsculpt of Anakin or the Cosmic Cube?

If push came to shove and you had to get a regular edition of one or the other instead of the exclusive, which would it be? What do you see being more desirable in the future?

I'm willing to bet that 2 years from now the price difference between the Ex and Regular of Anakin will be bigger than the difference between the 2 for Red Skull, even if the RedSkull EX is more valuable than Anakin EX, because I think the regular edition of Anakin will be available for super cheap. So if you don't really need the extra head, I'd pass on Anakin and pick up the regular for steep discount.

I'm getting neither -- too overblown. So, I'm saving myself money. As for your options . . .choose which one is the lesser of 2 evils. If you think about inability to pick it up later on, then go with Red Skull.

I had to make this decision as well, so I canceled Anakin and kept my Ex. Skull. Marvel tends to retain and go up in value more than Star Wars, if you're looking at it in that perspective. But as Loki said earlier, go with what you really want, and what you'll enjoy more.

Definitely go with the one you like the most but if you like both the same I would go with the Marvel PF.

Skull will be more difficult to get for retail as time passes as most on this thread have mentioned. The simple numbers game is enough to make me thing that way not to mention because its Anakin Skywalker a ton of folks will get it in hopes to flip it.....and won't be able to.

Vader PF has been selling higher lately... recent eBay auctions were all in the $500 range... and I think some were non-exclusives.

Bummer too, since thats the only PF I'd really want :monkey2

Yeah but what Khev is saying is that he really wants them both, its just that he can only afford for one when they ship, so he is asking which one we think will cost him more to buy later on when he is ready so he can buy that one now and the lower priced one later....

Thank you. :duff :peace

I know history says get Marvel for retail and pick up SW on the secondary market but with recent Marvel pieces not skyrocketing and Anakin (particularly Sith eyes Anakin) being possibly THE prequel PF to own I didn't think the decision was so clear cut in this case.

My gut says the majority is right though, it'll feel strange cancelling Exc. Anakin if necessary when the time comes but anything Marvel with an ES of 500 or less (especially a villain) would seem to have a greater possibility of being more expensive to pick up down the line.

What a dilemma! I don't know what I'd rather have...

But Red Skull doesn't have his swastika...I still want one though...

Whereas I have an Anakin, with Sith eyes...1/6th scale, but good enough...

which one is worth more to you as a collectible, not investment??? i'd say go with the anakin EX and red skull regular. of course i say this when i have both exclusives on order.
~~i have the exclusive captain and plan on displaying them together!!1

If only they used the PF Anakin head as the sculpt for the 1/6 figure. Then I wouldn't still have a preorder in for the PF. :monkey1 I'm only keeping this so far because the likeness is so damned amazing. I say go with Anakin. But then again, I don't have much love for the Marvel universe, so... :eek:

Back