Which is the better Joker.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Joker puts a smile on your face?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See, I think the HT Joker is a really special case - it doesn't look much like the character but it is fantastic (much like the 2 in 1 Superman head that looked nothing like Routh but WAS Superman).

If I was the art director and the sculptor presented me with that Joker head there's no way I could have said, sorry, do that again. And when I look at it in hand I can't really say that it's 'over-sculpted' or that I find that much of a problem.

But I can understand why people might prefer a better likeness of Ledger and it's just a shame that most people can never compare the two in hand. Perhaps those who prefer the DCD version based on photographs alone should wait and see if HT do a second Joker (which I'm sure they will given their new tie up with DC). If that meets their needs better than they'll have more money to put towards it - if not, then I'm sure they'll still be able to find the DCD Joker.

You just said the DC Direct has the most accurate likeness. Likeness is the most important factor in a movie related toy. Clothing and paint make no difference if the likeness sucks. And the HT likeness is atrocious. "Hey fellas, check my Joker figure's clothes. I know it doesn't look like the Joker, but man look at the clothes." ... haha

And after seeing the finalized toy, the clothing doesn't look as superior the way it did in those initial prototype pictures. In fact, I don't even think there's a true difference. One person who bought the HT Joker said his vest didn't even stay shut cause it had cheap velcro. haha

I'm going to spend $150 for a doll's clothes.

If likeness is everything and the body doesn't matter, I think you overpaid.

tdk-apr2-joker-knocker-necadarkknight1.jpg

The Hot Toys Joker resembles Heath's Joker more than that bobble head. As does the Movie Masters Joker, and maybe even the 5 inch kid line Joker.

Who in the hell cares if it looks just like Ledger?? I want a cool looking Joker that symbolizes the DC character. Not necessarily one that pays exact likeness homage to the actor who played him.

Who in the hell cares if it looks just like Ledger??

If your ideal is to have a figure that best resembles the Joker as seen in the movie The Dark Knight, then looking like Ledger's Joker in the face is pivotal.

If you just want a cool Joker figure that embodies the spirit of the character and loosely bases it's look off the film incarnation, then it doesn't matter.

It all comes down to what you want from the figure you own, which is why it's great that for every Batman film 1/6 figure, there have been at least 3 makers of each costume or character that's out there, plenty of options where 90% of the collecting community can find one to satisfy them.

Who in the hell cares if it looks just like Ledger?? I want a cool looking Joker that symbolizes the DC character. Not necessarily one that pays exact likeness homage to the actor who played him.

Which the Hot Toys doesn't accomplish either:monkey1

In all seriousness, I'll take a hybrid. I can't wait until the inevitable 2nd release Joker comes out with an all new head sculpt and everyone starts the "OMG! This puts the old Joker to shame posts. The old one didn't even look like him compared to this new one."

In all seriousness, I'll take a hybrid. I can't wait until the inevitable 2nd release Joker comes out with an all new head sculpt and everyone starts the "OMG! This puts the old Joker to shame posts. The old one didn't even look like him compared to this new one."

There should be comments like that. For an interesting looking figure and for the photographic possibilities, I like the devious facial expression of the Hot Toys Joker, but it is not representative of the film character. Now that the movie's been seen, HT should have a good sense of the character and select a facial expression and makeup scheme that is more faithful to the movie character.

That's probably true...much like they did with Jack Sparrow.

V2 HT Joker will be the best sculpt ever. That's how HT makes it's repeat business.

But certainly for those of us who bought this Joker, the v2 will be missing some key component, like the jacket or something. Maybe it will be interrogation Joker without jacket and with normal hands.

Way I figure, knowing HT's practices, the next Joker, and I do imagine there will be a next Joker, will be like Cannibal Jack Sparrow, a loose 2 in 1 concept with the Bank Robbery setup. They'll make 2 heads, because for him to look right with the mask on will require a specific hair style to fit it on, or they'll just sculpt the mask on so they don't have to sculpt an underlying face, and then a regular face for once he's removed the mask.

Which the Hot Toys doesn't accomplish either:monkey1

Better idea. Don't buy any and you'll be happier.

No one is asking for a figure in honor of Heath Ledger. We want the best TDK Joker figure that has visible likeness to Heath as he potrayed the Joker. There have been some figures that accomplish this such as the DC Direct head sculpt, the Movie Master Joker, etc. No one is asking for Heath in plastic, cause that isn't TDK Joker. But the essence of Heath's image and facial features has to be there.

Now your being silly. The 5" doesnt resemble anything at all.

The 5 inch figure is a cartoon-ized version of Heath's Joker. In fact his expression w/o the detailed mouth scar looks SPOT ON to that theatrical poster of Joker holding up the Joker card with Batman on it.

Im holding it now...it holds no resemblence to The Joker at all. A Joker yes...but The Joker...no.

I'll have to disagree. I'm not saying it's close to the likeness of some of the other products that we've seen but to me ... I see some likeness in there, it's just cartoon-ized version of his image. Just like the BEGINS 5 inch version of Liam Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul. It looks like him but in a cartoon like look.

Back