Which is the better Joker.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Joker puts a smile on your face?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see the appeal in the manufactured DCD figure, but some folks like it, doesn't devalue their favor, just difference in opinions.

To me, the only standout element of the DCD figure is the laser scanned face of Heath Ledger, but the paint apps are Mattel-esque, the hair doesn't bear any resemblance to the style of ledger in the film and the body proportions are too tall/skinny looking, he almost looks like Chewbacca in a suit the way the proportions are. I don't see anything visually apealing about the DCD figure. Dead on to Ledger in TDK or not, I find the Hot Toys figure to be a fantastic looking collectible whose appearance is what drew me into buying it. I like collecting Batman figures and I like the HT Joker to have as a Joker figure. I didn't buy it for it's accurracy, I just saw a figure that really impressed me that I wanted to add to my collection.

Why in the hell would a company be stupid enought to start a 13" figure line that fits in with no other 1/6 collections?? Especially a line of such mediocre quality.

Why in the hell would a company be stupid enought to start a 13" figure line that fits in with no other 1/6 collections?? Especially a line of such mediocre quality.

It seems like a number of company's concern themselves only with their own lines. They want people to collect their product and don't care if they integrate with other products their consumers may own. I think the smart ones know that they'll reach people more easily if they make their products blend with other lines of the sort.

DCD, Medicom and Hot Toys Joker all suck equally because only 1 really holds favor with people and the other 2 will always suck to them.

OMG OPINIONS.

I think people need to let people like what they want to like, and to stop being such judgemental assclowns.

We're all geeks here, stop with geek elitism!!

you know what i hate more than debates like this? freakin batman loving newbies that seem to be flocking to this site ever since these figures were announced with their clever batman related user names and avatar's and sigs. DCD joker looks nothing and i mean nothing like heath ledger. it looks like some guy who just stepped out of the shower with wet hair and somehow got a fat lip.[/QUOTE]

agreed.

Mattel doesn't have a 1/6 scale Joker. I kinda wish they had done a 12" version of their MM Joker like they did with their Batman, just to see how it turned out.

Me too, of course with the way Mattel got their MM product out a 12" Joker might have been relegated to urban myth status.:D

This is easy. Hot Toys, BUT...
The base head on the DCD is somewhat more accurate as most here have pointed out, and I like the pistol and cards and shoes and tie accessories better on the DCD. Otherwise...as a released figure, HT.
But, I like the Medicom also. It has it's merits.

While I like em both, I have yet to see either in person so going by the pictures I have seen, I have to go with HT. Even though the DCD is a scan of Ledger therefor more accurate,the way the hair is sculpted makes him look very little like Joker in TDK in my eyes and the scars and wrinkles are to subtile making him look basically like Heath Ledger in clown make-up rather than Joker (though I think with a proper paint job the scars and such can be brough out). The height kills it for me however and he looks to serious. As for the HT Joker it's just the opposite, the scars/wrinkles on his forhead are too defined and too many making him appear to be really old however he still retains enough likeness to the Joker seen in TDK to to satisfy me and the superior clothing and accessories seal the deal. Again though neither are perfect so I'm hoping that HT and/or DCD decide to make a second more accurate version down the line.

I cannot comment about DCD, but I did get HT joker over the weekend, and its a great figure... just not a good "TDK Heath" joker.

Furthermore, I had this urgent need to repaint (more like paint the panda circles) and I did. I wouldn't normally do this, but I had my own interpretation on how the paint should look, just like some of you may have.

If I had a choice, I would get all three jokers. Only thing that interests me for DCD, is the clown mask. Anybody got pics of HT joker wearing DCD's clown mask?

Why pay $50 more for a figure that doesn't look like the Joker in the film?

This logic is just so flawed... This "Get the Hoy Toys because it's better fittin clothes"???? What the hell? What's the point of having a well taillored figure when the head isn't right? As far as I'm concerned, thats where it starts... Then you worry about the other stuff.

I guess I just don't see things the same as some of you folks... Because for the life of me I can't imagine over looking the head just to have better colored gloves or better fitting jackett or some nonsense...

Let them sell out... Get the DCD. And don't have to explain why you bought a figure that doesn't look like the character in the film just to have a better fitting coat.

I agree with your Grinch facial comparison however my reasons for going hot toys are as follows:

A) I'm anticipating a 2nd Joker figure from them that will no doubt be superior, have a better likeness, new accessories, yet also lack one or two things from this first release so that those who buy this one don't feel totally cheated. It will also increase Hot toys odds of selling the 2nd edition to completists like me. It may be cynical and I may be a fool but in 2 expensive figures I will be able to create a (hopefully) close to perfect Joker. Better to not buy DCD when I wouldn't be completely happy with that either and which would become surplus to requirements in my collection in light of hypothetical Hot toys V2

B) Hot toys line completism - I'm getting everything else so to leave out the joker, poor likeness or not, in favour of picking up a rival companies joker - which is itself not perfect seems off to my obsessive compulsive sensibilities.

C) previously mentioned reasons of scale compatibility, superior tailoring etc. (the Aliens USCMs didn't have accurate facial likenesses but we picked them up for their brilliantly realised outfits)

Back