1/6 which is every ones best version of master yoda 1/6 HT SSC HASBRO MEDICOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's six minutes between your posts.:lol

I dunno - yeah, it has the facial proportions close to right. The Medi's emaciated and creepy, the SSC Dagobah looks too human and has a Leno chin, the SSC PT one looks mean gangsta and the HT, while probably the best overall, just feels too jowly and bulbous with small eyes.

For me as a customizer (or as a subtle fix done by the re-painter,) the "split" dealbreaker you mention is a 30 minute filler job. I'd rather have a minor depression on the top of the head to fix than a facial sculpt that looks noticeably off.:dunno

And I don't judge any of these heads based on pics - I've had all of these heads in hand.

Thats great if it works for you, if people are repairing that buttcrack, I haven't seen/noticed it, but for someone like me who doesn't customize, its a silly sculpt with the entire head shape being wrong.

I'm looking forward to that. How did people customise the Medi Yoda?

I think it mostly comes down to a repaint and adding rooted hair.

This is a pretty good one I found online. Face is probably a little too old and droopy looking, but it still captures the character better than the HT I think.

lkjkk.JPG

Thats great if it works for you, if people are repairing that buttcrack, I haven't seen/noticed it, but for someone like me who doesn't customize, its a silly sculpt with the entire head shape being wrong.

Ooookay then.:lol

Anyway, buttcracks - filled or unfilled - aside, it's the best Yoda facial sculpt, which is quite an achievement for a 20 year old head, and it's a feat that even HT has clearly struggled with and not quite succeeded.

I think it mostly comes down to a repaint and adding rooted hair.

This is a pretty good one I found online. Face is probably a little too old and droopy looking, but it still captures the character better than the HT I think.

View attachment 265948

The Medi has a couple of "sweet spots" where it looks quite good.

I liked it when it first came out of the box but soon realized that about 3/4's of the angles it does indeed look too old and droopy, with a few features out of proportion, even though it's a nice detailed sculpt.

The Medi hands are also too human-looking - fingers noticeably too long, and there's very little articulation to the body. He's also too tall.

HT would win this $h1t if they would have put real hair on that green m'fer!

Great comparison pics here. I've owned the Medi and currently have SS's. They both have their good points and neither are spot on. The best way to put it is there was less wrong with SS's than Medi's and even less wrong with HT's.

#1 - Hot Toys Yoda

#2 - Sideshow Yoda

#3 - Medi Yoda

Granted, you could customize Medi and SS to improve them but it appears that HT can go from box to shelf and be nearly perfect.

I'd agree with your rankings and take on it... all are solid options; but HT should be the best looking and require little to no additional work. I'm just not sure he's worth $200 to me. I'm growing weary of replacing figures.

:lol

we will see how this yoda take shape between now and when it`s release date. but I have him on preorder anyways at least I could have two of them for different display options.

Somehow these things always look better in hand than in photographs. Maybe it's just me. I have little issues with Hasbro's old figure. I think it's one of the best sculpts they did in the line. Of course I proudly have only a collection of Hasbro 12" figures and no high end stuff. The Medicom and SSC ones look weird to me and I think there are better Medicom and SSC sculpts out there. HT's looks good. One of their better efforts in this whole line. If it's off, it's not as off as Obi-Wan, Han, Luke, or Chewie are.

Looks like Ernest Borgnine.

I'm new here, and I know I'm skating close to the line (Talibane, please don't shout at me!! :pray:), but I will persevere...

I still believe, with my whole heart, this is the best for "Yoda-ness"... Koto ArtFX 1:7...
Why doesn't else anyone see it?

Is the "Yoda-ness" a personal thing and entirely subjective?
Does it relate to when we first saw him and how it made us feel?

I dunno, but this one makes me feel like an 8 year old again...:dunno

[Addedum]: I've PO'd the HT... For sure... He's super-cool with all the bits an' stuff...

Going to ruffle some feathers...

Honestly have to say the Medicom is one of the most ugly, amateurish looking figures I've ever seen (yes, in hand). I'm not saying the SSC's or HT are sent from high-above, but at least they look like something more than a child carved out of a potato.

It is a truly hideous figure - and I've never seen, even the slightest, resemblance.

They both have their good points and neither are spot on. The best way to put it is there was less wrong with SS's than Medi's and even less wrong with HT's.

#1 - Hot Toys Yoda

#2 - Sideshow Yoda

#3 - Medi Yoda

Granted, you could customize Medi and SS to improve them but it appears that HT can go from box to shelf and be nearly perfect.

Yeah, it's definitely all perspective and opinion, everyone is right and everyone is wrong.

Pfft.... ******.

(You're right. :lecture)

Honestly have to say the Medicom is one of the most ugly, amateurish looking figures I've ever seen (yes, in hand). I'm not saying the SSC's or HT are sent from high-above, but at least they look like something more than a child carved out of a potato.

It is a truly hideous figure - and I've never seen, even the slightest, resemblance.

I'm glad someone else said it... :yess:

Looks like Ernest Borgnine.

I'll give you the chin and the smile. Maybe the brows.

ernest_zpshmnyquko.png

Well, yes and no. That figure does have a slightly unnerving quality about it. Like a human soul is trapped somewhere in there (it has a kind of pleading or dying vibe,) or maybe a tribal statue you brought back from Borneo. But... there are a couple of angles where it does feel quite "Yoda-ish." I ended up selling it along with SSC because they didn't fulfill the need, but there were moments where I felt Yoda. And other times, I felt another presence. Something evil. It's a figure not to be trifled with.:dunno

Gold!!!!

How about this one - closer in vintage :)

I'll give you the chin and the smile. Maybe the brows.

ernest_zpshmnyquko.png

Well, yes and no. That figure does have a slightly unnerving quality about it. Like a human soul is trapped somewhere in there (it has a kind of pleading or dying vibe,) or maybe a tribal statue you brought back from Borneo. But... there are a couple of angles where it does feel quite "Yoda-ish." I ended up selling it along with SSC because they didn't fulfill the need, but there were moments where I felt Yoda. And other times, I felt another presence. Something evil. It's a figure not to be trifled with.:dunno

Back