1/6 which is every ones best version of master yoda 1/6 HT SSC HASBRO MEDICOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They both have their good points and neither are spot on. The best way to put it is there was less wrong with SS's than Medi's and even less wrong with HT's.

#1 - Hot Toys Yoda

#2 - Sideshow Yoda

#3 - Medi Yoda

Granted, you could customize Medi and SS to improve them but it appears that HT can go from box to shelf and be nearly perfect.

:lecture An absolutely brilliant post. All could learn a thing or two from King. I'm going to make this quote poster size and hang it above my bed next to my life size mashed potatoe bust of Chase. It will look awesome! :yess:

I don't know if any other company has a Yoda like this ( swap out head) correct me if I'm wrong please!
052c9bb237f7a974679ecb0202ff28cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't we discuss this 1998 Hasbro sculpt (shown repainted, like Medi usually is)? Yeah, the way the eyes are repainted it's "you will be, you will be" sinister Yoda, not playful "found someone you have" Yoda, and yeah, not the most detailed sculpt...

But it kinda, you know... actually looks like Yoda from ESB.:dunno Which to me... none of the others do very well.

td-yodahead_zps1l2jldej.jpg

I'm glad you like this, I'm sure your wallet will thank you, but not in any movie, TV show, nor fan art of anyone above the age of 6, has Yoda ever looked like that. :lol
That butt crack on his vertex looks so out of place its unnerving to me. Yes the ridges continue from his brow, but I have never seen his head split like that...ever! You posted a perfect pic to demonstrate the fatal flaw of that head.

After Staring at that pic Talibane, I do agree there is alot to like in the face, but man that head....

I can see where the Medicom fans are coming from....but I still have to give this one to HT.....

View attachment 265663

The HT might have much better detail and paintwork, but as far as the actual sculpt goes I think I'd still give the edge to Medicom just because it's got more of the character and asymmetry and, well, "lumpiness" that you see in the actual puppet.

Plus the more tired and weary expression seems to work a whole lot better as well.

No love for the Hasbro sculpt from the two-pack? I know the paint is awful but the sculpt works for me.

I'm glad you like this, I'm sure your wallet will thank you, but not in any movie, TV show, nor fan art of anyone above the age of 6, has Yoda ever looked like that. :lol
That butt crack on his vertex looks so out of place its unnerving to me. Yes the ridges continue from his brow, but I have never seen his head split like that...ever! You posted a perfect pic to demonstrate the fatal flaw of that head.

After Staring at that pic Talibane, I do agree there is alot to like in the face, but man that head....

There's six minutes between your posts.:lol

I dunno - yeah, it has the facial proportions close to right. The Medi's emaciated and creepy, the SSC Dagobah looks too human and has a Leno chin, the SSC PT one looks mean gangsta and the HT, while probably the best overall, just feels too jowly and bulbous with small eyes.

For me as a customizer (or as a subtle fix done by the re-painter,) the "split" dealbreaker you mention is a 30 minute filler job. I'd rather have a minor depression on the top of the head to fix than a facial sculpt that looks noticeably off.:dunno

And I don't judge any of these heads based on pics - I've had all of these heads in hand.

There's six minutes between your posts.:lol

I dunno - yeah, it has the facial proportions close to right. The Medi's emaciated and creepy, the SSC Dagobah looks too human and has a Leno chin, the SSC PT one looks mean gangsta and the HT, while probably the best overall, just feels too jowly and bulbous with small eyes.

For me as a customizer (or as a subtle fix done by the re-painter,) the "split" dealbreaker you mention is a 30 minute filler job. I'd rather have a minor depression on the top of the head to fix than a facial sculpt that looks noticeably off.:dunno

And I don't judge any of these heads based on pics - I've had all of these heads in hand.

Even the HT? Wow those Hong Kong sellers are fast... :lol

Even the HT? Wow those Hong Kong sellers are fast... :lol

I almost typed "except the HT obviously" but thought nah...:lol

I will say though - the more I look at the HT Yoda, the less I like it. There really is a joy to HT announcing a figure. Their sculpts have more detail than anything in the history of 1/6, and arguably anything else on the market. And the paint apps are nearly always so hyper lifelike. But then the likeness starts to sink in, and more than half the time with their SW line, they've disappointed in my eyes. Leia is the ONLY bullseye. Some are close but have issues - like Luke. But I feel like this Yoda is drifting toward the Bens and the Hans for me - hyper real, incredible fine detail, but middling in terms of likeness.

Also, for reference, people don't seem to know this head as well, which was the "serene" swap-out head which came with the "angry" Sideshow Jedi master figure. To me this was a somewhat better sculpt than the SSC Dagobah version that came with the snakes.

review_starwarsyoda_9.jpg

review_starwarsyoda_4.jpg

Yoda-Jedi-Master-Prequels-Sideshow-Collectibles-009.jpg

I almost typed "except the HT obviously" but thought nah...:lol

I will say though - the more I look at the HT Yoda, the less I like it. There really is a joy to HT announcing a figure. Their sculpts have more detail than anything in the history of 1/6, and arguably anything else on the market. And the paint apps are nearly always so hyper lifelike. But then the likeness starts to sink in, and more than half the time with their SW line, they've disappointed in my eyes. Leia is the ONLY bullseye. Some are close but have issues - like Luke. But I feel like this Yoda is drifting toward the Bens and the Hans for me - hyper real, incredible fine detail, but middling in terms of likeness.

Yeah after this I'm a lot more concerned about what their TFA Han is going to turn out like. You would think something like a Yoda or old Ben or old Han would be a absolute piece of cake for them, but somehow the sculpts still turn out looking strangely generic anyway.

I was not fond of the pt yoda from sideshow. it did not look like him to me the angry face liked scared you and the second head almost made you want to pet the top of his said it will be ok as he looked to sad or something

Yeah after this I'm a lot more concerned about what their TFA Han is going to turn out like. You would think something like a Yoda or old Ben or old Han would be a absolute piece of cake for them, but somehow the sculpts still turn out looking strangely generic anyway.

Yeah, I am actually really surprised by the Yoda. I expected it was going to be a shrunken down Yoda straight from the ESB set. It's nice, it's just not a huge improvement over the others.

And here's your TFA Han from Hot Toys, a great companion piece to the ANH Han:

salt_lake_comic_con_2013_richard_hatch_by_fujifangirl75-d6lblzm.png

He's got ... lifeless eyes, black eyes.... like a doll's eyes.

But... he is a doll.:dunno:lol

I was not fond of the pt yoda from sideshow. it did not look like him to me the angry face liked scared you and the second head almost made you want to pet the top of his said it will be ok as he looked to sad or something

He just found out about Medi Yoda's terminal illness. He's making Medi Yoda a knit cap.:lol

I will take a picture of my custom medicom yoda tomorrow. I know straight out of the box wasn't not the best but after customizing it looks better

I'm new here, and I know I'm skating close to the line (Talibane, please don't shout at me!! :pray:), but I will persevere...

I still believe, with my whole heart, this is the best for "Yoda-ness"... Koto ArtFX 1:7...
Why doesn't else anyone see it?

Is the "Yoda-ness" a personal thing and entirely subjective?
Does it relate to when we first saw him and how it made us feel?

I dunno, but this one makes me feel like an 8 year old again...:dunno

[Addedum]: I've PO'd the HT... For sure... He's super-cool with all the bits an' stuff...

Attachments

• WP_20160516_20_08_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160516_20_08_00_Pro.jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 118
  • WP_20160516_20_08_00_Pro - Copy.jpg
    WP_20160516_20_08_00_Pro - Copy.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 114
Back