Which expression captures the Joker the most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE this one, and would love to have this on my Nurse Joker:

tdk_2539.jpg

This is also cool:

tdk_2520.jpg

I'm with crow, Nicholson was miscast, just like Keaton.

He played a fat, middle aged "Joker" (jack nicholson with make up) and it didn't work.

You didn't grew up with those film. But i can tell you when i was like 17years old and that i saw the first bamtan in the theatre it was amazing.
For that Keaton and Nicholson will always have a special place in my hearth. That movie was shot in 1989 damn it and it still hold the time very well.

Back to the tpic now. héhé

You didn't grew up with those film. But i can tell you when i was like 17years old and that i saw the first bamtan in the theatre it was amazing.
For that Keaton and Nicholson will always have a special place in my hearth. That movie was shot in 1989 damn it and it still hold the time very well.

Back to the tpic now. héhé

You're right I didn't, and therefore my opinion on it is not biased. But if they have a special place in your heart, then hey, who's stopping you.

I think what Gipetto is trying to say is that he likes pretty much every pic of the Joker :rotfl

I'm with crow, Nicholson was miscast, just like Keaton.

He played a fat, middle aged "Joker" (jack nicholson with make up) and it didn't work.

Heath Ledger and (god forbid) Ceasar Romero were lost in their roles. I watch Nicholson and that is all I see. Nicholson dancing around in make up.

In your opinion lol.

I liked Keaton as Batman/Bruce Wayne. He played as more the brooding anti-social type rather than a playboy and I thought it worked. Nicholson was a good Joker, but his performance was a bit too much "Jack Nicholson impersonating the Joker."

Any expression Heath made as Joker was a good and captures Joker to the fullest... There are so many scenes Id like to see as a scuplt that it would cost me thousands to have all them made lucky for me I dont have that kind of money to spend on heads...

I gotta say, I just don't get your hate on Nicholson's Joker. I watched Batman '89 the other day, and he is totally playing the part of the Joker. His laugh is perfect.

Sure Nicholson has some things in common with the character, but that just means the casting was excellent. You can't fault the actor for that.

I just flat out have never liked the portrayal. I was 9 when the movie came out and I went opening night, and I disliked it then. I'd been reading Batman comics since I was 6, and my main exposure to the Joker was in The Killing Joke and A Death in the Family, so a lot of things just didn't sit right with me, and still don't. His backstory, his taking Joe Chill's place, the romance aspect with both Jerry Hall and Kim Basinger, and his being entirely too sane to be Joker. I mean sure, he did some crazy stuff, but I never got the feeling that he was out of his mind.

I think the fact that it was Jack Nicholson worked against the character because he had made such a name for himself playing nutbag characters that it was just more of the same for me. The only thing I enjoyed about Joker in the movie was the Smile-X commercial. Other than that, he was basically a gangster thug that happened to look somewhat like the Joker.

I'm one of the few people that grew up with the movie that has little to no nostalgic feelings for it, so my opinion on Jack as Joker differs from most others. I just don't like that version of the character at all, whatsoever, and the casting is the #1 reason why. The dramatic altering of his backstory is close behind it. His motivations were also far, far off from anything the Joker would ever do.

There are actually only two things I like about Burton's Batman: Keaton and the Batsuit. Everything else I feel is garbage, and I've always felt that way.

Last edited:
Agreed with absolutely everything you said, cr0w.

I "grew up" with this movie, as I was 9 when it came out. I just never liked much about B89. The suit is okay, I never got the real love for it. I did think Keaton did a pretty good job. Everything else, bleh.

I just flat out have never liked the portrayal. I was 9 when the movie came out and I went opening night, and I disliked it then. I'd been reading Batman comics since I was 6, and my main exposure to the Joker was in The Killing Joke and A Death in the Family, so a lot of things just didn't sit right with me, and still don't. His backstory, his taking Joe Chill's place, the romance aspect with both Jerry Hall and Kim Basinger, and his being entirely too sane to be Joker. I mean sure, he did some crazy stuff, but I never got the feeling that he was out of his mind.

I think the fact that it was Jack Nicholson worked against the character because he had made such a name for himself playing nutbag characters that it was just more of the same for me. The only thing I enjoyed about Joker in the movie was the Smile-X commercial. Other than that, he was basically a gangster thug that happened to look somewhat like the Joker.

I'm one of the few people that grew up with the movie that has little to no nostalgic feelings for it, so my opinion on Jack as Joker differs from most others. I just don't like that version of the character at all, whatsoever, and the casting is the #1 reason why. The dramatic altering of his backstory is close behind it. His motivations were also far, far off from anything the Joker would ever do.

There are actually only two things I like about Burton's Batman: Keaton and the Batsuit. Everything else I feel is garbage, and I've always felt that way.

I can see where you're coming from and you make a strong argument, but i still love the film and love Jack in the role. :dunno

The mob scene where he fries the guy with the hand buzzer and then later keeps saying "I'm glad you're dead" between bursts of laughter is spot on Joker IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4s-lkYm0w

"Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?" :yess:

Back