Which Droids to Use????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhatrulez

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I was curious which C3PO and R2 you guys display with your SS figs. Seems with all the ANH figs coming, I need to get off my butt and pick up the best of the old Hasbro versions. Until SS makes their versions, of course!
So, if anyone can help, post some pics!
Thanks!

:D

If you want display only, look into the 1/6 model kits. If you want poses out of them I use the Action collection R2 without the tools and the 12 inch 3PO.

No, but if you want I can search eBay for the Hasbro figures I mentioned. The scale seems off and they aren't the best but they work for now.

No, but if you want I can search eBay for the Hasbro figures I mentioned. The scale seems off and they aren't the best but they work for now.

I think the Hasbro are pretty good scale actually. 3PO is about the same height as SSC Luke and R2 looks fine with them. The Koto are far too small to look right with SSC figures. Are there other model kits available now?

With Luke coming out, this would be the perfect time for Sideshow to release the droids and a Jawa 2-pack. :p

I just got a great deal on eBay for the Hasbro Slave Leia/R2-D2 figure set ($9). Honestly, I don't want that creepy Barbie Leia, but my main motivation was the R2 with the drink trays. I can't wait to display him with my Jabba and Co.! If you can find this R2 cheap, he's worth it. :r2d2line

I just got a great deal on eBay for the Hasbro Slave Leia/R2-D2 figure set ($9). Honestly, I don't want that creepy Barbie Leia, but my main motivation was the R2 with the drink trays. I can't wait to display him with my Jabba and Co.! If you can find this R2 cheap, he's worth it. :r2d2line

Crasis, dunno if you know (or really even care) but the drink tray and such are not removable unless you want to rework R2. I just bit on the R2 kit I linked to and a 3PO by the same seller. Have an idea for them. :devil

I just bit on the R2 kit I linked to and a 3PO by the same seller. Have an idea for them. :devil

I have both those kits. They are Kaiyodo kits from Japan, released in the US with Screamin' in the early '90s. In fact, I have all the Kaiyodo kits: Han, Leia, R2, 3PO, Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper.

They are fantastic and highly detailed. Best 3PO and R2 ever! Unfortunately, they are not in today's 1/6th scale. They are a bit small, particularly 3PO. I tried them with the Sideshow figures and they just don't work. Maybe with Medicom.

Two years ago, I had hoped to make these articulate and light-up with Hurricane's special abilities, but in the end the scale just didn't work.

Thanks for all the responses all!
Are any of the hasbro droids better than the others? I know there have been several released...

Crasis, dunno if you know (or really even care) but the drink tray and such are not removable unless you want to rework R2.

:monkey1 D'oh! Man, I didn't know that! I guess this R2 will be permanently in my Jabba setup. And here I was thinking I'd rotate how I'd display him... :eek: Thanks for the warning, though. Looks like I'll need ANOTHER R2 for my non-specific-scene purposes. Damn.

:monkey1 D'oh! Man, I didn't know that! I guess this R2 will be permanently in my Jabba setup. And here I was thinking I'd rotate how I'd display him... :eek: Thanks for the warning, though. Looks like I'll need ANOTHER R2 for my non-specific-scene purposes. Damn.

Yea, sorry you found out after you got him. Still a nice R2, just forever stuck in Jabba's palace.

Wor-Gar said:
I have both those kits. They are Kaiyodo kits from Japan, released in the US with Screamin' in the early '90s. In fact, I have all the Kaiyodo kits: Han, Leia, R2, 3PO, Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper.

They are fantastic and highly detailed. Best 3PO and R2 ever! Unfortunately, they are not in today's 1/6th scale. They are a bit small, particularly 3PO. I tried them with the Sideshow figures and they just don't work. Maybe with Medicom.

Two years ago, I had hoped to make these articulate and light-up with Hurricane's special abilities, but in the end the scale just didn't work.

Just how off is the scale? Like for R2.. same size as Hasbro, shorter?

With Luke coming out, this would be the perfect time for Sideshow to release the droids and a Jawa 2-pack. :p

I agree,a droids (Artoo-3PO) two pack would make great sense. You really can't have one without the other.

Thanks for all the responses all!
Are any of the hasbro droids better than the others? I know there have been several released...

They are all relatively the same in terms of construction and sculpt. The paint apps and features differ.

2 pack dirty R2 and Threepio (electronic IIRC)
Standard R2
Standard Threepio
Dismantled Threepio with bag
R2 with utilities.
R2 with serving tray.

I own them all and like them all for the various purposes they were intended for. I guess for you it depends on what scenes you plan to do with them.

They are all relatively the same in terms of construction and sculpt. The paint apps and features differ.

2 pack dirty R2 and Threepio (electronic IIRC)
Standard R2
Standard Threepio
Dismantled Threepio with bag
R2 with utilities.
R2 with serving tray.

I own them all and like them all for the various purposes they were intended for. I guess for you it depends on what scenes you plan to do with them.

I think I'd like the dirty ones for Jabba's display and the standard one for the all around figs...
Time to start hunting the 'Bay I suppose!

I think I'd like the dirty ones for Jabba's display and the standard one for the all around figs...
Time to start hunting the 'Bay I suppose!

The dirty ones are REALLY FILTHY DIRTY. I believe they were too mimic landing on Tatooine in ANH. They over did it a bit.

Back