Where's Aragorn??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congerking said:
omg, $200 for it, wow,that's nuts. can't believe anybody would get this.

What do you do if you don't have a choice? Here's what I'll pay for my 12" Exclusives:

Item
Price
Shipping
Taxes 7.6% of invoice total
Import fee by GLS
Total

Aragorn 12" Exclusive
$64.99
$45.50
$8.40
$42.00
$160.89

Boromir 12" Exclusive
$64.99
$45.50
$8.40
$42.00
$160.89

Legolas 12" Exclusive
$54.99
$45.50
$7.64
$42.00
$150.13

OMG!!!!

How the hell can you afford that? I wish there was something SS could do to help collectors over seas but I realize that a lot of it is the import fee and that's by the country itself.

Darth Loki said:
OMG!!!!

How the hell can you afford that?

Well, I don't have much of an option for Exclusives, do I?

Darth Loki said:
I wish there was something SS could do to help collectors over seas but I realize that a lot of it is the import fee and that's by the country itself.

The import fee is a fee that the shipping company charges to have the parcel "cleared at customs".

The shipping company they use just happens to be THE most expensive company when it comes to this fee.

The company they are using charges $ 42 for a service that basically consists of using their account at customs for the taxes rather than having to pay customs directly. In other words: The pay the taxes of $ 8 to Swiss customs and invoice it to me with a fee of $ 42 on top. This is insane!

Here's what other companies charge for the same "service":

- DPD: ~$4.00
- any foreign Postal service (USPS, German Post, French Post, Royal Mail UK etc): ~ $8.00
- Fedex ~ $9.50
- UPS: ~ $13.50
- DHL: ~ $18.50
- EMS: ~ $27.50

I have inquired several times about other shipping options at Sideshow, but they won't offer any.

They do use DPD for several European countries, which would be the best option for me ($4 instead of $42!) - but for reasons unknown to me, just not to Switzerland.

However, they have offered me to ship the items to an adress in another country of my choice.

I'm seriously considering having these shipped to somebody in the US for a lower shipping charge, then to be forwarded to me by USPS Airmail, this would only be about $22.

Can somebody tell me what you get charged for shipping a 12" within the US?

I hope this guy hand-delivers mine! :google
untitledvv3.jpg

Darth Loki said:
My shipping is only about $6-7 :monkey3

Mine too. Mine's a little less because I live around 10 minutes from the warehouse. But goliath bro, that's horrible. I feel for ya. I thought it was bad paying the $5 when I could go pick it up. :monkey2 :monkey2

ANd it's funny, because this is the guy the hand delivered mine. He was wearing a UPS hat, I swear.
untitledvv3.jpg

He's on his way. I just received this:

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 12” Aragorn as Strider the Ranger – Sideshow Exclusive (item #92061) from our The Lord of the Rings 12-inch Figure Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 15 days.

tomandshell said:
Just got the news as well.

Looks like it's time to decide if I really have the space and cash for these guys...

Ya gotta at least get Aragorn... thats my plan for now since I don't want to get too deep into this line. But being the first of the series and Aragorn he seemed like a good character to have even if he ends up being solo.

tomandshell said:
Just got the news as well.

Looks like it's time to decide if I really have the space and cash for these guys...

You should seriously consider hanging on to these Tom. SSC spent so much time with these to get them right, and as a Collector these may be the best line they ever put out, so much amazing detail for the price. :D

about darn time!!! havent got my notice yet, but at least some people are. im gonna just stick with the fellowship. since its taking them so long to come out with one they should concentrate on them first. since we already have three it shouldnt be too hard to finish them. especially if they try hobbit two-packs!!! Sam and Frodo, Merry and Pippin!!!

I had the regular on order, and was on the wait-list for the exclusive. Today I received notice for both, but I never received a notification that the exclusive converted. I'm not complaining, it just caught me by surprise.

FINALLY!!!! So exited to be in on the start of this line. Hopefully the release of this figure will give new life to this line.

And don't forget we should be getting a hint as to the next figure in this week's podcast.

Back