Where's Aragorn??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the notice today as well. Can't wait to get ti out and look at all the detail in person. I email Sideshow CS to see if I can get it boxed with the Spider-Man Rah I ordered. I live in Australia so the shipping kills me. I collect the exclusives so I have to order direct. If it happens it will be such a small box of joy!

PS. I'm new to the board!:chew

goliath said:
Well, I don't have much of an option for Exclusives, do I?

The import fee is a fee that the shipping company charges to have the parcel "cleared at customs".

The shipping company they use just happens to be THE most expensive company when it comes to this fee.

The company they are using charges $ 42 for a service that basically consists of using their account at customs for the taxes rather than having to pay customs directly. In other words: The pay the taxes of $ 8 to Swiss customs and invoice it to me with a fee of $ 42 on top. This is insane!

Here's what other companies charge for the same "service":

- DPD: ~$4.00
- any foreign Postal service (USPS, German Post, French Post, Royal Mail UK etc): ~ $8.00
- Fedex ~ $9.50
- UPS: ~ $13.50
- DHL: ~ $18.50
- EMS: ~ $27.50

I have inquired several times about other shipping options at Sideshow, but they won't offer any.

They do use DPD for several European countries, which would be the best option for me ($4 instead of $42!) - but for reasons unknown to me, just not to Switzerland.

However, they have offered me to ship the items to an adress in another country of my choice.

I'm seriously considering having these shipped to somebody in the US for a lower shipping charge, then to be forwarded to me by USPS Airmail, this would only be about $22.

Can somebody tell me what you get charged for shipping a 12" within the US?
Just like you I always order the exclusives, and the only way to get those is to order from SSC!

Me too I've had a nasty experience with GLS in the past. They charged me to much VAT and handling fees for an item I had ordered from the US. Any complaints had to be made by sending them a letter bla bla bla... Besides that, they give a lousy service: I virtually never got an undented box from them, which makes me think they don't handle the goods with enough care!
I begged SSC to stop using GLS in the EU survey they did some time ago. I thought they made the switch, since after the survey I received several parcels through DPD, and ALL WAS GOOD!
For a reasons unknown, I'm getting my orders delivered through GLS again, and the misery begins all over... Even if I'm home, they never ring my bell! In stead they deliver the parcel at my neighbors.

Why did you change back to GLS sideshow?

grangewallis said:
I got the notice today as well. Can't wait to get ti out and look at all the detail in person. I email Sideshow CS to see if I can get it boxed with the Spider-Man Rah I ordered. I live in Australia so the shipping kills me. I collect the exclusives so I have to order direct. If it happens it will be such a small box of joy!

PS. I'm new to the board!:chew

Welcome to the board, enjoy yourself.

Looks like we'll be getting some production shots next week according to the podcast! Can't wait for the bad lighting and people freaking out... or maybe that only happens for the SW figures :lol

I think lots of people should cancel so I can get my waitlist converted. What do you guys think are the odds of getting waitlisted into an order????

Depends when you got on the list (I know stupid response). But you might have a good chance... unlike the SW figures these took awhile before the exclusives sold out. And I would guess people were slower about getting on the waitlists as well. Has anyone had a converted order yet?

galactiboy said:
Depends when you got on the list (I know stupid response). But you might have a good chance... unlike the SW figures these took awhile before the exclusives sold out. And I would guess people were slower about getting on the waitlists as well. Has anyone had a converted order yet?
Mine was converted yesterday. I got on the wait-list back in February.

King Darkness said:
Got mine too. Hopefully SS will be putting up some production pix of Aragorn soon.

The podcast said that they should be soon. :date

Is someone still looking for an exclusive Aragorn? PM me as I know someone who may be canceling theirs.

wofford29 said:
I'm really worried how that beard shadow is going to look with a factory paint job and Sideshow's crappy photography. My bet is it'll cause a riot on here.

Yeah, that's what worries me as well.... And I know that repainting him will be Hell because of the hair, but I'll probably do it anyway. Can't wait to see those production pics!! :D

hairlesswookiee said:
i got my processing email last night. i really want the Aragon, but financial reasons might cause me to sell when i receive him.

:joy sorry but I would sell some of my SW figs before I sell this one. THe fabrication is just too good.

Back