Where is the best place to shop in LA?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darth dypshyt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, I am going to be in Los Angeles for a couple of weeks later in the year, (September), and just wondering, if I am to cave in and spend some$$$, (and I probably will..), where is the best place to shop for movie and comic collectables??

Thanks.:D

Just walking down hollywood blvd is pretty interesting. see all the wackos out there dressed up like spider-man and wonder woman. Don't know why those characters are always out, but it's funny every time.

Yeah, I didn't know either 'til a couple of months ago. I drove my wife to a hair appointment in West Hollywood and decided to go to G.A. to kill some time and saw that they had moved.

The ill Jedi said:
Yeah, I didn't know either 'til a couple of months ago. I drove my wife to a hair appointment in West Hollywood and decided to go to G.A. to kill some time and saw that they had moved.

I haven't been to the new place, is it bigger and better?

In addition to the places people have already recommended, I would suggest you check out Big Lou's Toys and Blast From The Past.

Big Lou's has a huge vintage selection, but also carries some Sideshow - especially Star Wars Premium Format. They sell a lot of stuff for people on consignment so the selection is always changing. Blast From The Past has the largest selection of Sideshow stuff I've ever seen in a brick and mortar store. Very friendly and helpful staff. I was going to pass on a lot of the Star Wars 1/6 figures but saw them in person here and knew I had to get them.

Oh, I will also recommend Meltdown Comics, especially when you are looking for comics. They have a large selection of trades and a ton of Japanese Toys and Manga.

Enjoy your time in L.A.!!!!

congerking said:
Just walking down hollywood blvd is pretty interesting. see all the wackos out there dressed up like spider-man and wonder woman. Don't know why those characters are always out, but it's funny every time.
They do it to make money, they try to make money by taking pictures with tourists.

Well until they go crazy and hit someone like chewy did.:lol

Rugby1970 said:
In addition to the places people have already recommended, I would suggest you check out Big Lou's Toys and Blast From The Past.

Big Lou's has a huge vintage selection, but also carries some Sideshow - especially Star Wars Premium Format. They sell a lot of stuff for people on consignment so the selection is always changing. Blast From The Past has the largest selection of Sideshow stuff I've ever seen in a brick and mortar store. Very friendly and helpful staff. I was going to pass on a lot of the Star Wars 1/6 figures but saw them in person here and knew I had to get them.

Oh, I will also recommend Meltdown Comics, especially when you are looking for comics. They have a large selection of trades and a ton of Japanese Toys and Manga.

Enjoy your time in L.A.!!!!

Thanks Rugby....Well I have plenty of options to try out..thanks for all your help and suggestions guys. Much appreciated!:D

I just gotta remember, to hide the receipts from the wife..:monkey5

You gotta stop by Golden Apple, just to see what everyone's talking about. I first realized they moved when Blaire Bulter did her G4 Attack of the Show report from inside.

While you're there, check out world famous Pink's hotdogs just up the street. :D

Golden Apple is cool (i like the new place... parking is a snap now) and Meltdown rocks too... Puzzle Zoo is worth a look but overpriced... Munky King and Kid Robot on Melrose are fun too... never been to Big Lou's Toys but i am looking forward to checking it out...

also... for the best Mexican food in L.A., hit Alegria on Sunset Blvd. (Silverlake)... absolutely fabulous!

Golden Apple is overpriced too - everything can be had cheaper on line. I like the new digs though.

gdb said:
You gotta stop by Golden Apple, just to see what everyone's talking about. I first realized they moved when Blaire Bulter did her G4 Attack of the Show report from inside.

While you're there, check out world famous Pink's hotdogs just up the street. :D

Yeah, I've been by Golden Apple a few times and found them a bit overpriced. I do like the layout, though.

And yes, DEFINTELY stop by Pink's hotdogs! Best I've tasted ever.

Back