Where is Frodo??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
It's also the birthday of Ronald Reagan, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Babe Ruth, Rip Torn, François Truffaut, Axl Rose and Bob Marley. I invite them all over every year but they never show...

:monkey2

I don't know any famous leap year babies :monkey2

tomandshell said:
Joss Ackland, Antonio Sabato, Jr., Dinah Shore, Jimmy Dorsey and Ja Rule.

Like I said, I don't know any FAMOUS leap year babies :D

Is anyone really even excited about Frodo. He is still available for pre-order directly from Sideshow so things aren't looking too good for our little hobbit friend. Will this PF be a case of damn, I should of ordered it when I had the chance?

Darth Roranous said:
Is anyone really even excited about Frodo. He is still available for pre-order directly from Sideshow so things aren't looking too good for our little hobbit friend. Will this PF be a case of damn, I should of ordered it when I had the chance?

I keep reading at the other boards that lots of people will cancel him as well.

I really would like SS to reduce the ES to 800 or may be even to 750 on Frodo. Then the real collectors would keep him with a nice ES and the value would not go lower than 250 $

gambit said:
I keep reading at the other boards that lots of people will cancel him as well.

I really would like SS to reduce the ES to 800 or may be even to 750 on Frodo. Then the real collectors would keep him with a nice ES and the value would not go lower than 250 $

I'm with you on that!

Still no EU notice. Getting ready to unleash Uruk Scouts to track down Frodo!

*snaps kit-kat*

I'm still on the fence myself on this one. As Wetanut says, "he is the ring-bearer afterall" but I really am getting into the Marvel line. I already have Lurtz but not sure to skip Frodo. What to do, what to do......

DannieDarKo said:
I'm still on the fence myself on this one. As Wetanut says, "he is the ring-bearer afterall" but I really am getting into the Marvel line. I already have Lurtz but not sure to skip Frodo. What to do, what to do......

I feel the same way right now. The pace of this line is really killing me and if Frodo looks anything like the production pics, I don't think I'll want to keep him.

DannieDarKo said:
I know where you are coming from Danny. When they announced this line I said I would get everything, but at this pace it is causing me to somewhat reconsider.

I am still on the fence about this one as well. I have him on order but I just can't get excited about it. Plus I am just deeply falling in love with the Marvel PFs. So much that I don't even want to continue another line of PFs. So it might be the old cancel button in Frodo's future- he'll never make it to Mt. Roranous.

I will get all 9 members of the Fellowship. I'm a LOTR fan first and formost and I won't be selling it out for Marvel. I've never planned to get this entire line. The Fellowship and a couple others are my plans.

Fritz said:
Poor little Frodo doesn't get any respect. :monkey2

of course

first of all he is not so charismatic as the other characters,
secondly he is so small but 250 $
thirdly the face sculpt is not good (I know jlmcsu will response with a comparison pic now :D)
fourthly the line is sooooo slow, even I start to think to give up

Nah, I've done that enough. Enough people like it for it to have sold well enough. For me it looks like Frodo/EW so I'm good with it and for me that's all that matters. :D

We are four days away from the one year anniversary of the Frodo PF announcement. Poor little Frodo is still not sold out. I wonder if that fact has anything to do with the lack of Lord or the Rings PF announcements. That can't be a good sign, can it? If they can't sell 1000 units which is a fairly small edition size, what can we expect from this line?

Well, to be fair, he did sell out originally.

Now they are getting cancellations and there are about 40 pieces back up for second chance customers.

But I can't believe it's really been a year!!

:google

Since Frodo is a Second Chance I cancelled my old one from 2/10/06 then repurchased it to get the Reward Points!

Back