Where do you buy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Timewalkertoys. Great customer service. Also bbts and I hear good thing about monkey depost. I'll check them out.

What bothers me is the extra $10 they charge to double box their shipments, whereas Alter Ego, BBTS, PCZ and others do it as a matter of course. I've had HT boxes get pretty dinged up in the past when received in just the original shipper, so double boxing is a must for me. I take it that you haven't had this problem?

Hm ... Haven't had any problems with dinged up boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the east coast, so across the country. But I have stuff delivered to work and we get a lot of "fragile" packages, so I might just have a better UPS driver/system?

I have my Sideshow packages held at my local UPS distribution center now, as I typically can't get home in time to sign for the deliveries. So that eliminates some handling right there. AoU Scarlet Witch & Vision are next up in the pipeline for me. I think I'll have Sideshow drop the extra boxing on these and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback. :)

I have my Sideshow packages held at my local UPS distribution center now, as I typically can't get home in time to sign for the deliveries. So that eliminates some handling right there. AoU Scarlet Witch & Vision are next up in the pipeline for me. I think I'll have Sideshow drop the extra boxing on these and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback. :)

You're welcome!

I wish shipping prices being doubled was my problem, with the Canadian dollar sinking like a rock right now (1CAD = 0.69 USD), a Hot Toy figure that is $220 is $310 without shipping or boarder fees. :thud:

Used to buy from AFX, but since they no longer carry HT/SSC, I moved my business to Fanboy Collectibles.

Still sideshow. To risky with most sellers. I'll of an extra ten bucks on a 300 dollar figure to know I have a stable company that won't go under and will handle all customer service issues. Add flex pay to that and a few extra bucks is not a problem. First time you have an issue with someone else and problems with CS you'll miss sideshow.

Yeah thats my line of thinking. Some times a little extra for a guaranteed service is OK with me

I didn't even mention the rewards points. Oops. That's a big deal too. I've gotten a lot of extra stuff just because of those.

I'd bought a few HT figures from AFX as well, and just recently placed my first order with Fanboy (Deadpool). Have you been happy with them so far?

Yeah I've bought from Fanboy a couple times, they're solid and responsive with email inquiries. They don't double box though, not sure if that matters to you. Maybe they'll do it on request but I've never asked (nor cared).

AE, Timewalker for me. Sideshow for EX only. BBTS pile of loot if I'm not sure about something, then I'll cancel it if I don't like how it turned out.

On an unrelated-related note, whatever happened to CornerStore Comics? I Know they changed websites, or something, and after that I never heard from them again...

ebay.

I've bought quite a few figures for cheap straight from HK... and a few times SS was still in pre-order phase!

We're talking like SS's $300 is ebay's $220.

And avoids taxes.

My figures to date have been mainly from Sideshow and Popcultcha. I've also used Mighty Ape a couple of times on older figures on special, combined with my expirable credit card hot points, but they are otherwise a more expensive option for most collectibles... And my last two figures have been the out of production Thors bought on my part with a bit of risk from Hong Kong and Japan.

I recently had a bad experience with Sideshow putting in a pre-order on a figure which was only a couple of weeks away from release. Their customer service really did their best to sort the matter and were incredibly apologetic, but it has left me reluctant to use them again for a similar order. If a really good EX comes up, or I can't resist ordering 'Day 1', then I'll use my reward points and order through them. But for any other order I'll use Popcultcha, until such day that a NZ supplier can match them for price and delivery date.

Mostly SS, with BBTS, AE Comics and Razors Edge Collectibles mixed in. With larger ticket items like SS PF's, I'll them get them from my LCS, Beyond Comics. Its only a few minutes from my house, and I can visually inspect items before purchase.

Back