Where do you buy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psoul95

Freaked Out
Reaction score
With Sideshow's shipping almost doubling, I need to find another place to get my fix. Where do y'all buy from? Thanks in advance!

BBTS mostly. I don't buy from SS because I have to pay state sales tax and extra for double boxing. I just don't own any exclusives.

I currently have purchases spread out across Alter Ego Comics and Midtown Comics with exclusives at SS & Hollywood Collectibles Group (though I'm very curious about Pop Culture Zone as of late). As mentioned, the buy/sell forum here is great for finding older items.

Still sideshow. To risky with most sellers. I'll of an extra ten bucks on a 300 dollar figure to know I have a stable company that won't go under and will handle all customer service issues. Add flex pay to that and a few extra bucks is not a problem. First time you have an issue with someone else and problems with CS you'll miss sideshow.

Sideshow and Alter Ego. I like the flex payments with SS. But also like the AE doesn't charge util it ships lol

In calif there is a big warehouse dedicated to toys called 'Frank and Sons' I try and go there to skip the shipping fees.

I hadn't realized SSC is charging more now for shipping, but regardless I'm not sure that will stop me from buying from them. I like the perks you get through that company. I may be able to get a figure cheaper some place else, but not $12 or so bucks free in addition to buying. In a couple of years I have saved over $200 worth of pts at SSC and can get a free figure basically.

I like Flex Pay too much to use another vendor for these. It helps the devil on my right shoulder justify most purchases.

I still use Sideshow. I like the flexibility of the payment plans, their customer service, and the RP program they have going on. But I know people who buy from our local comic shop as well.

Timewalkertoys.com is based out of the KC area, and since they now have a brick and mortar store, I buy exclusively from them. They are great

I buy my Hot Toys predominantly from Sideshow and Alter Ego. I added Pop Culture Zone to the mix recently (I bought AoU Black Widow from them, and have Ultron Prime on order). No issue with my BW purchase, but they do require a 20% deposit. At the time my SS reward point total was quite low, so I was looking for another method to spread out the costs of my orders. Obviously I did this based on cash flows, not time value of money. :wink1:

Sideshow. Flex pay, reward points and customer service make it stand out to me. I haven't noticed shipping going up ... Scarlet Witch will be the normal $10 for me and I live in MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow. Flex pay, reward points and customer service make it stand out to me. I haven't noticed shipping going up ... Scarlet Witch will be the normal $10 for me and I live in MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bothers me is the extra $10 they charge to double box their shipments, whereas Alter Ego, BBTS, PCZ and others do it as a matter of course. I've had HT boxes get pretty dinged up in the past when received in just the original shipper, so double boxing is a must for me. I take it that you haven't had this problem?

I've never had any issues with box damage except for Hill but I *think* that's when they started going to a "thinner" box or something. But the actual HT box was fine.

Sideshow is my first choice because of the flexpay, $20 coupon codes, and rewards points. But my second go-to store would be Big Bad Toy Store. Cheaper shipping in the U.S then Sideshow.

I've never had any issues with box damage except for Hill but I *think* that's when they started going to a "thinner" box or something. But the actual HT box was fine.

How close are you to Sideshow? I would guess that the chance of damage is (mostly) a function of how often an item gets handled. Being in Michigan, my orders may get handled a few more times along the way. Or I've just had worse luck. But I must admit I have been considering dropping the double boxing, as it's annoying having to use 200 extra reward points per order before I actually see some savings.

How close are you to Sideshow? I would guess that the chance of damage is (mostly) a function of how often an item gets handled. Being in Michigan, my orders may get handled a few more times along the way. Or I've just had worse luck. But I must admit I have been considering dropping the double boxing, as it's annoying having to use 200 extra reward points per order before I actually see some savings.

I'm on the east coast, so across the country. But I have stuff delivered to work and we get a lot of "fragile" packages, so I might just have a better UPS driver/system?

Up until now, Sideshow. The upped shipping has made me reconsider but have stuck with them for the monthly coupons and reward points. If they stop the monthly coupons, I will just go with BBTS and only get my exclusives from Sideshow.

Back