When will the next 1/6 anouncement be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will the next announcement be?

• Within the first half of March

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • By the end of March

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Between April and SDCC

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Not until SDCC

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • I think the line is dead!

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

Captain Faramir

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, time is flying and our collections are still pretty sparse. With Boromir on his way we have only Faramir to look forward to. But what then? Will we get an announcement before then? Or will we wait in perpetual anguish? What say ye?!?!?

After March because most of us should have Boromir by then. And before SDCC because that's too long to wait!

I think the line is far from dead... I hope.

Daayyy-ammmm, the snail's pace that this line is being released at is agonizing!! It's been nearly 14 months since Aragorn was put up for pre-order, and we only have 2 releases thus far, one coming shortly, and one more in the pipeline. C'mon, Sideshow, share some of that STAR WARS love with LOTR !!!

Probably in march... middle or end of March is my guess...

I allmost voted that the line is dead, since it's moving in snail speed

I never got into this line, but I am heavy into the polystone. The Boromir, though, is quite tempting.

I may get him with my rewards points if there are any left in stock.

Seretur said:
The line isn't dead, honestly.

It was never particularly alive to begin with...

Hey SS cares, they told us so.... :blah I'm sure once the Marvel and Star Wars licences are exhausted they will remember us once again..unless of course, some other hot licence comes along :naughty

What the hell is up with this line?!?!?!?! I don't go for it, but like it and support it. Are they waiting to get smaller and larger bodies? Seriously, they can't give us a Galadriel or a Wraith or anything? WTF Sideshow? Get moving!

stickman said:
I think this line is just getting started.....finally

And you're basing this on what exactly??? :confused: Maybe you haven't been keeping score lately....:rolleyes:

Would you guys rather them rush **** products out? I personally would rather these lines be slow and get the compicated costumes right.

I think the line will endure... (hope you liked that Capn' :lol)

It is really a snails pace... but even the 1/6 SW seems to be slow going these days. I mean the last actual figure announced Asajj and that was quite a while ago. I do hope for a SDCC announcement at least... but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes even longer than that!

jlcmsu said:
Would you guys rather them rush **** products out? I personally would rather these lines be slow and get the compicated costumes right.

Two questions :
1]. What exactly is your definition of rush? :confused:
2]. Are you on the SS payroll? :rolleyes:

If it's slow you're looking for, congratulations!...I believe you got your wish! :banghead

Last edited:
It's not easy waiting like this for something you've been anticipating for months, even years, but I still believe our patience will be rewarded eventually, and all the waiting around will all be forgotten. But when?! I've got a gut feeling we'll get an anouncement sometime between April and SDCC, or at the latest, during SDCC. Honestly speaking, Sideshow's figure bodies could use a few upgrades, and it may just be that's what's taking so long. Anyway, they're going to have to design new bodies for hobbits and Gimli at the very least, and hopefully some larger/taller bodies for uruks and wraiths, too. Some of those bodies would also work for the Star Wars line, as well. (Like Yoda and a certain tall, hairy chap who talks kinda funny and rips the heads off of stormtroopers!)
:chew

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes. There are plenty of other things to collect in the meantime.

woodsy said:
Two questions :
1]. What exactly is your definition of rush? :confused:
2]. Are you on the SS payroll? :rolleyes:

If it's slow you're looking for, congratulations!...I believe you got your wish! :banghead

This is the definition I meant.
a rush job

Feel better :rolleyes:

No, I'm not wish I did work for them though. Outside of Teaching it would be my second choice. :D

Mudshark said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes. There are plenty of other things to collect in the meantime.

I don't want to wait forever but I'd rather them take the time needed to get every detail right. The costumes on the LOTR figures are as complicated as any thing you'll see from SW. Like the aromored ones there they are taking their time to get it right.

Back