When will the next 1/6 anouncement be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will the next announcement be?

• Within the first half of March

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • By the end of March

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Between April and SDCC

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Not until SDCC

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • I think the line is dead!

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
I wonder how SSC would handle a Gimli, short fat bodies aren't in great need, so I'm guessing they would have to take a skinny body and design the outfit to fill our the proportions.

MaulFan said:
I wonder how SSC would handle a Gimli, short fat bodies aren't in great need, so I'm guessing they would have to take a skinny body and design the outfit to fill our the proportions.

They've used "fat suits" on their figures before to solve this (Sgt. Schultz and Odd Job).

MaulFan said:
Any idea what this was made of?

Its just stuffed padding sewn into a little suit you can remove -- it looks like one of those old fashioned swim suits from the 20's...but with a padded belly (and shoulders on Oddjob).

Thanks for sharing WG, good to know they have precedent for handing heftier characters, if they come up with like a skinny child sized body for the smaller characters, I imagine a similar suit with some form of fury outter suit could facilitate Ewoks in the SW line, good to know Gimli would be pleasantly plump :)

I hope you guys are just joking about the "fat suit Gimli" idea. If they ended up doing something like that with Gimli I would be extremely disappointed! They really need to design a properly proportioned body for Gimli, not just a fattened up hobbit! Gimli should be built like a TANK, not a Pillsbury doughboy! They really need to make him extra-stout, with thick legs & arms, and a broad, deep chest, more like the WETA statue. Since Gimli's the only dwarf character in the films, it probably wouldn't be very practical to make a special body design only for him, but IF The Hobbit ever gets made, and IF Sideshow gets the license, then there will be all kinds of dwarves they could use the new body for... but that's a lot of "if"s. Anyway, I hope they find a better solution and don't end up going "cheap" on Gimli's body design, or I won't be the only one filled with dwarven fury! :D

Tonight would be very nice---- I just finished my second Aragorn (besides my Exc. Strider) with some Dragon armour to make him into TTT's Helm's Deep Aragorn so I kind of feel like I already got a new LOTR fig--- four on the shelve. But then I'd love to know that Gimli and Gandalf (both grey and white) were on the way...

Here's the Helm's Deep Aragorn that I put together using some Dragon armour from one of their TIMELINE 12" figs as well as some other little stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elaborate-- what do you mean dark on both sides? That's two layers of chain mail--- fabric and underneath the rubber Dragon kind. What are you referring to?

I've bumped this thread with the newsletter coming out tonight in the hope (against hope) that there'll be a 1/6th announcement tonight.

Gimli:gimli
Gandalf:gandalf :gandalf_w

or perhaps even sweeter would be Saruman (yeah another Christopher Lee) :saruman

Let's start to get some Vegas odds--- if there's an announcement tonight (let's not put odds on that--- that's too impressive) what are the odds for those three?

Gandalf 3-1
Saruman 5-1
Gimli 20-1
other 2-1?

Wor-Gar said:
I'd put even odds on Gandalf.

2-1 on Saruman or an Orc or Nazgul or some bad guy.

With all the whining/pleading/begging some of us have been doing for the past 6 months or so, my money's on Gandalf. Could be a bad guy though, and that would be a nice surprise. You wouldn't believe how much I WISH it could be Gimli, but the odds are against it, imho. I'll be spending the weekend in an ICU if they announce the Dwarf... ISYN!!! :lol

What are you talking about? The only LOTR news will be items on how great the in-stock items are, and how we should all have them in our collections.

(Not that they aren't -- I just bought one in-stock item last week.)

Back