When Looking At Your Shelves What's The First Thing You'd Consider Selling?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someday when I can't remember why I bought them... I will sell. I have always collected 1/6 scale so all I do is build more space to dispaly them. So So many........

I just did. Captain Dallas from Alien said goodbye to my shelves a few days ago. Very well made figure, but it just didn't inspire me a lot.

I just did. Captain Dallas from Alien said goodbye to my shelves a few days ago. Very well made figure, but it just didn't inspire me a lot.

If I may ask, where'd you sell him and what did you take in?
I've been trying to sell mine here for weeks now.

If I may ask, where'd you sell him and what did you take in?
I've been trying to sell mine here for weeks now.

$100 to the owner of the collectibles store "halo13" in the Burbank mall. He actually bought it for his personal collection, not to sell at his store. But you know, that's what all dealers say. :lol

$100 to the owner of the collectibles store "halo13" in the Burbank mall. He actually bought it for his personal collection, not to sell at his store. But you know, that's what all dealers say. :lol

I've visited the Burbank mall many times but didn't pay much attention to that store. Do they zz2have HT figures? Blast From The Past in Burbank is pretty good store with good prices, I also know Things From Another World in Universal City Walk. What other good stores are there in LA area?

Everything and nothing.

The day I settle down and find a woman insane enough to be in love with me, marry me, and have a child with me . . . is the day that my shelves will very likely start getting smaller because 1:1 takes priority over 1:6.

I've visited the Burbank mall many times but didn't pay much attention to that store. Do they zz2have HT figures? Blast From The Past in Burbank is pretty good store with good prices, I also know Things From Another World in Universal City Walk. What other good stores are there in LA area?

Yes, halo 13 has Hot Toys and Sideshow stuff. I don't go to Blast from the Past anymore because Larry, the owner is a f__ing greedy motherf__r who tried to screw me once with the first Mark 3 Hot Toys made back then. Other people have had bad experiences with him, so I don't recommend his store. Another place is DJ's Universal Comics in Studio City. It's mostly preorder with them but the prices are always below retail if you preorder. Also, Frank and Son's (see link above posted by Master Wayne).
I can't think of any other places in the L.A. area besides the ones you and I have mentioned.

Yes, halo 13 has Hot Toys and Sideshow stuff. I don't go to Blast from the Past anymore because Larry, the owner is a f__ing greedy motherf__r who tried to screw me once with the first Mark 3 Hot Toys made back then. Other people have had bad experiences with him, so I don't recommend his store. Another place is DJ's Universal Comics in Studio City. It's mostly preorder with them but the prices are always below retail if you preorder. Also, Frank and Son's (see link above posted by Master Wayne).
I can't think of any other places in the L.A. area besides the ones you and I have mentioned.

Thanks. I never met Larry, just an Asian guy who works there(forgot his name). He seemed pretty nice and helpful.

Hellboy 2 PF. I don't know whats bugging but everytime i see it i want to get rid of it. It looked hella good in pics and vids but when i got it in my hands i never liked it :huh

Last edited:
Well when I first started collecting 12“ figures full time a few years back, my M.O was always ever going to be to collect one or two items as representations of my favourite franchises. By and large I've stuck to that ethos and never let my collection deviate from that and get wildly out of control. However at some point I did fall into the trap of getting random none essential figures here and there (mainly) from Hot Toys because they looked so amazingly cool (Prime examples being the Dark Knight and Terminator Salvation figures) I've since reigned myself in again and taken stock of what i've got. As such, this is what i'm considering getting rid of to thin my collection a little (BTW PM me if interested guys n' gals!)

Medicom Anakin
Medicom Clone Trooper
Enterbay Bruce Lee Green Hornet version
Triad Toys Lola
Hot Toys King Leonidas
Hot Toys T1000 Sarah Connor (With T1000 donut head)
Hot Toys T700 Factory Diorama
Hot Toys T600 (Standard version)
Hot Toys John Connor (First version)
Hot Toys Dallas
Hot Toys AVP Alien (Brown version with Face Hugger)
Hot Toys Dutch
Hot Toys Two Face
Hot Toys TDK Batman (Original version)
Hot Toys Tumbler/Batmobile

These figures never came out of the box and as AWESOME as they are, just don't fit into my collection anymore...

The End.

Last edited:
Of what I've picked up since then I'd consider getting rid of DX Bruce Lee and DX Sparrow. Both were impulse purchases at well below original prices.

Of what I've picked up since then I'd consider getting rid of DX Bruce Lee and DX Sparrow. Both were impulse purchases at well below original prices.

Jack Sparrow for me as well

He's probably the most impressive figure I've got, amazing head sculpt, amazing tailoring, amazing accessories but as a character he'd probably be the easiest to let go. I'd have to be extremely hard up to let him go though and I'm more likely to get the DX Indy to go with him :slap :lol

my custom original movie Resident evil Alice and Extinction Alice. Infact i was close to ebaying them tonight. But i held off.

Back