When Looking At Your Shelves What's The First Thing You'd Consider Selling?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah out of sight out of mind...at least until you unbox a few things and then realize the treasures youve been neglecting :)

As someone else said as my tastes change I get rid of things and usually replace them with other things I have on my want list unless its something I wont get rid of.

Older 12" DML figures and Hasbro / Kenner 12" SW. But those are kinda hard to sell cos nobody wanted them anymore... so they stay in my shelf.

My Medicom version 2 Rocketeer because I have the SS PF, and my Medicom Darth Vader because the SS version is a constant temptation (I even have a Hasbro dome waiting :slap).

My Medicom version 2 Rocketeer because I have the SS PF, and my Medicom Darth Vader because the SS version is a constant temptation (I even have a Hasbro dome waiting :slap).

Do not let SS Vader be a constant temptation, especially if you have any stormies - sell 1/7 medi now and trade up to 1/6!

-Hasbro Star Wars Prequel trilogy toys
-McFarlane movie maniacs figures that aren't Terminator, alien, predator or robocop
-Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III
-Hot Toys AvP:R figures (have all except Predalien)

I'm not planning to sell these at this time but just answering the thread they would be my candidates.

Hot Toys T-600 endo.

Sideshow 1/6th Darth Maul

Sideshow 1/6th Asajj Ventress

Anything else I would only sell if I had to for one reason or another. There are a few which I would never want to sell.

Alien Ressurection Diorama and Gandalf Vs Balrog Dio (something else took their spots)

Regular Don and Raph since I later bought the EXs.

PS, anyone looking to buy? :p

Been there, done that.

-Some figures just get replaced with a better, more detailed version, so the old gets thrown on ebay or the For Sale forum.

-Some figures just don't fit my current display layout so off they go.

-Some figures's value rise so much on the secondary market that off they go...

I've sold quite a bit of stuff, more 12" figures than I would've expected a few years ago...but it came down to needing the money and not being passionate enough about the property to justify keeping it if I could at least get my money back or more on the item.

I'm down to the things I want to keep, so there won't be much selling for me in the future.

I sold a lot of what I would sell already but if I had to or needed the space or cash I would sell my Sideshow Star Wars figures without much hesitation. I would keep a couple for nostalgia's sake but wouldn't miss them too much. Probably would get rid of my LOTR figures save Gandalf, a couple of the Batman HT figs which were bought because I bought into the hype but I've already thinned out my PFs and my 1:1s....

I'm going through this process right now as I am wanting to clean up my collection. Already sold Doom PF and selling Gothmog on Warg. Next up will probably be the Lord of Darkness PF and the Battle Damaged Endo-Bust. I like them both...but they just don't fit with my new "theme".

I'm going through this process right now as I am wanting to clean up my collection. Already sold Doom PF and selling Gothmog on Warg. Next up will probably be the Lord of Darkness PF and the Battle Damaged Endo-Bust. I like them both...but they just don't fit with my new "theme".

What "theme"?

Dragon Military figures would go first..

I will never, ever sell my Hot Toys Rambo figures. :)

I sold off a ton of figures this past month- DX Dark knight, HT Blade, Medicom Spawn, Enterbay Jack Bauer, SS Indy and Belloq, ten or so 13 inch DC Direct figures...
Have some PFs on the way and space is an issue now.

Whereas to me my collection just grows and to give something up tells me I took a step back. My upper deck jordan fig has nothing to do with anything from HT but still makes up my collection. Same goes for the stuff not in a detolf.

I see it the opposite way... when I replace or get rid of something I'm no longer interested in I feel my collection is moving forward, maybe even becoming stronger :devil:nana:

Been there, done that.

-Some figures just get replaced with a better, more detailed version, so the old gets thrown on ebay or the For Sale forum.

-Some figures just don't fit my current display layout so off they go.

-Some figures's value rise so much on the secondary market that off they go...

I subscribe heavily to points one and two; if I find a better figure (ie; replace the Medicom Vader with Sideshow) or it just doesn't fit in the display they get the axe.

Although I don't sell stuff if its very valuable and I stilll like it. That usually just makes me want to keep it more :lol

Back