When Looking At Your Shelves What's The First Thing You'd Consider Selling?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently about to sell a bunch of HT's. Not b/c I have lost interest in them but b/c I need to make some room for all the figures I have purchased. I've been a bad boy with my purchasing:devil. I have taken the ones I plan on selling out of my detolfs and boxed them up to make room for my new figures. Now I just need to stop being lazy and post them up on ebay.

Here's a list of what I am selling.

- Elvis1976 custom HT TDK Two Face
- Custom HT Lost predator
- HT Demon batman (I haven't made my mind up with this guy b/c he isn't selling for much:dunno
- HT BD predalien
- HT Dog Alien
- HT AVP-R Alien warrior

...my house, so I can buy a bigger house with more room to display my growing collection.

....then my azz so I can afford more toys and more room to display them.

I don't have a lot right now but I'm thinking of selling all my smaller scale figs and kotobukiya statues and just concentrating on PF pieces which are nice all rounders in my eyes.

Loving this thread btw. Totally agree with what someone said about a collection being an organic thing, as time goes on your tastes and passions for things change, I find swapping things around from storage/display always helps to keep things fresh and not make you sick of the sight of some collectables.
Having said that I find myself much more selective now when ordering new pieces,would it be considered iconic 10-20 years down the line etc?

Hellboy 2 PF. I don't know whats bugging but everytime i see it i want to get rid of it. It looked hella good in pics and vids but when i got it in my hands i never liked it :huh

Think it looks pretty badass, would love to own it!

I actually don't have them displayed. They are all boxed.

But i'd get rid of my 1/6 figures.
Commander Cody, Lieutenant (blue), Commander (yellow) and Iron Man Mark VI.

I'm probably going to put them on eBay soon-ish. I've journied into PF and 1:1 Busts instead.

I see what that Ardeth Bey bust goes for on Ebay this past month and I have trouble justifying the fact that mine is in a box in the attic.

befor i could get hot toys and sideshow stuff i used to buy a lot of transformers , bandai dragonball, ben 10 toys, i think i over did that a but by buying each and everything i could, but none of the collection is complete and now i dont feel like completing them too , so i wish i could sell them , not all but at least a few like the dragoball 5 inch figures and some transformers unverse

I see what that Ardeth Bey bust goes for on Ebay this past month and I have trouble justifying the fact that mine is in a box in the attic.

This is the story of my life. I had the SSE Frankenstein bust and just couldn't justify storing it in future hopes that I can display it so off it went. Same for a few of my other PFs and Hot Toys collection. I'm starting to let go and the more I do, the better it feels.

Back