When Looking At Your Shelves What's The First Thing You'd Consider Selling?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zidane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some people are flippers and some are keepers but everyone considers anything at some point right?

I've never sold any of my figures (6", 12", mixed) not even the ones that have been put away for years at a time. I've given some away if the little _____ is a nice kid but I don't know if I could ever actually sell one, not even my takara bats:nana: However, if you look at your collection which is the one that would be easiest to let go?

I don't sell anything one of my HT figures:), I have over 3000 6" figures in one unite storage and I can't sell, I know my addiction is strong.:)

I don't sell anything one of my HT figures:), I have over 3000 6" figures in one unite storage and I can't sell, I know my addiction is strong.:)

Know what you mean. If one of them breaks I keep it all in a baggie to repair at some point.

i keep and i flip. if the price has gone through the roof, i'll consider flipping, then buy two statues to replace the one i sold.

Hot toys Alien Kane.
Only because he's singled out with with a Shawshank figure and a soon to be Inception figure and it looks odd.
I have a seperate Alien shelf too that I have no room left on so I'll probably be selling it soon.

Know what you mean. If one of them breaks I keep it all in a baggie to repair at some point.

I have a big problem is hard for me don't replace something is broke I have to get anew one soon I can.:)

I often go through a "cull the herd". As it is nothing out on display is on the chopping block. But recently I sold my 1:1 Yoda bust and currently I have a few items for sale.

I see my collection as an organic thing, as my tastes change I unload the stuff I'm no longer interested in.

I often go through a "cull the herd". As it is nothing out on display is on the chopping block. But recently I sold my 1:1 Yoda bust and currently I have a few items for sale.

I see my collection as an organic thing, as my tastes change I unload the stuff I'm no longer interested in.

Whereas to me my collection just grows and to give something up tells me I took a step back. My upper deck jordan fig has nothing to do with anything from HT but still makes up my collection. Same goes for the stuff not in a detolf.

But in keeping with the OP I guess I'd consider my POTC stuff. Got it because of the pop culture impact of the films but I could really care less about those movies, either way I still wouldn't sell.

I try to pick out 2 or 3 things to sell every month to keep up with my buying of new stuff. At that point, hard decisions have to be made of course. I'm considering selling my Hot Toys Robocop and Resident Evil guys at this point. And my damaged Cap PF. The only reason I haven't sold Cap yet is because I dread the process of taking detailed pics, listing detailed issues, and packaging the dang thing up.

Right now I'm thinking if I should sell my 6" figures to make room for the upcoming Hot Toys/Sideshow figures that I would want to purchase. I like to tidy up my collection whenever possible since I pretty much display all of them in the office.

As soon as I can afford a Hot Toys Batman Begins I'll be offloading my 1/7 scale Medicom version.

I'm actually planning on moving fully into the 1/6 scale. I'm about to sell all my 6" figures. The only 1/6 figure I would sell would be the suck-a$$ medicom batman begins figure, don't even know why I bought it in the first place...

My Medicoms went last year. Got tired of them breaking despite never being handled so I sold the majority of them and kept the Fetts. Robocop is usually the first place I go, though he still remains after all these years and has become a steadfast part of the "robot" shelf. Jack Sparrow is another one I may yet throw up on the chopping block in hopes that we'll see another one next year and of course my Anakin pf needs to go but like others have said it's a matter of repacking the damn thing.

When you think about it, you realize how attached and invested (financially and emotionally) many of us are in this stuff. I only collect 1/6 and I dream of the day when I have the space to display all of them. A lot of these pieces have of some backstory- a custom you worked hard on, a steal on ebay, a find at a local toy store.

The only way I'd sell any of them is under 1 of 3 scenarios:

1. a medical emergency

2. Me/family about to be put on the street

3. Getting someone out of jail

When you think about it, you realize how attached and invested (financially and emotionally) many of us are in this stuff. I only collect 1/6 and I dream of the day when I have the space to display all of them. A lot of these pieces have of some backstory- a custom you worked hard on, a steal on ebay, a find at a local toy store.

The only way I'd sell any of them is under 1 of 3 scenarios:

1. a medical emergency

2. Me/family about to be put on the street

3. Getting someone out of jail

If its between my figs and my shady @ss cousin then F* that, he better get used to the slammer!

My stuff hasnt been on a shelf in years, everything is in boxes and at the moment I'm considering letting it all go...

Back