when company comes over.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COOL THREAD.

What i've found SIZE MATTERS to people who aren't in the hobby, 1:1 bust, liefsize statues will get all the attention, meanwhile a DOOM PF will be looked at as a nice trinket.

my bone head cousin comes over ... looks at my Creature from the Black Lagoon life-size bust and says, "COOL AQUAMAN!"

drives me f-in nuts

I hate company coming over. Always touching Emma Frost's boobs wondering if they're soft! If I had a dime for everytime she get molested...

My IM LS, Corpse Bride stuff and DC WBSS maquettes.

No one really cares about my Predator Bio, PF Thor or PF Darth Vader.

the thing that everyone notices and looks at is my gi joe or halo3 army. then they move on to my 1:1 snake eyes bust. then iron man helmet. Then the lsb marvel busts. All of my big stuff is in storage.

The one thing that the most people look at is this defenders ink sketch i got back in the day. i get more compliments on that then anything. for some reason everyone is drawn to it.

Well my Doom PF still sits in the cupboard (silly I know) so peeps just tend to admire my CS Moore and Mike Turner ladies :naughty....and my LOTR set up.
x :duff

My wife's cousin came to our house once. I showed him my collection (INCLUDING HULK PF) and after several seconds of silence he said "You actually paid money for this crap"? :monkey2

My wife's cousin came to our house once. I showed him my collection (INCLUDING HULK PF) and after several seconds of silence he said "You actually paid money for this crap"? :monkey2

OUCH!

Everyone who comes over seems rather impressed with my collection. ROTLA Indy PF gets the most nods for overall coolness and awe...a couple people really dug the Boba Fett PF specifically...and my HT ED-209 gets the most "what is that from/of" comments. :lol

I have all of my items in one very nicely lit glass display cabinet which, even though my wife was initially freaking out about, really looks nice in our living room. She grudgingly admits it looks awesome.

When we have guests over for cocktails or dinner parties I always turn on the lights and they go right over to it. My wife will make the obligatory my husband is a dork/nerd/geek comment. But, I always get compliments.

The Conan pf is popular and so is my Mindzeye Hellboy, but by far everyone's favorite is my Hot Toys Godfather, probably because he's so iconic that just about everyone is familiar with him.

With me, its the HT's collections that gets the most attention, but not a lot of people see my collection as i have a dedicated room where it's all kept and i really don't allow anyone in there but me and my wife :lol

With me, its the HT's collections that gets the most attention, but not a lot of people see my collection as i have a dedicated room where it's all kept and i really don't allow anyone in there but me and my wife :lol

BAN THE WIFE! :monkey3

I think it all depends on the person... everyone is different. Some people don't understand and some do.

Back