When are we likely to see a Yoda from Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Mary Sue or Gary Stu or Marty Stu is an idealized fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Rey was definitely A Mary Sue Character. Why they could not wait to have her develop her force abilities before facing Ren is beyond me. You know its gonna be a trilogy:slap

I kinda got the impression that Rey had received some training (from Luke?) before being abandoned. But who knows? That's just what I initially thought when I was sitting there in the theater. :huh

In any case, I don't see why it's that unrealistic that she was able to BRIEFLY hold her own against a badly wounded, emotionally unstable Kylo Ren. I'd be singing a different tune if they had an epic 15 minute battle with both being in tip-top shape...

Prequel Yoda and OT Yoda? There's a load of difference in the portrait.

Yoda should really have his own release. I wouldn't even want a Sidious PT two-pack with Yoda, unless they also sold him individually.

Personally, the prequels and Clone Wars have completely worn out Yoda for me. I hope they set him aside for a while so the character can be special again and then bring him back when there's demand (preferably without a lightsaber :p)

I took a break from Star Wars for about eight years, disregarding the Force Unleashed games. So, my love of Yoda is renewed if anything. xD

Personally, the prequels and Clone Wars have completely worn out Yoda for me. I hope they set him aside for a while so the character can be special again and then bring him back when there's demand (preferably without a lightsaber :p)

Agreed, and for the same reason I was glad that they sidelined R2 and 3PO for almost all of TFA. The Droids and Yoda needed a good detox after the PT/CW.

If they ever bring Yoda back they need to find a way to make him a puppet again and have him match his ESB look (none of that original TPM puppet nonsense.) Even if he's just a shimmering ghost--needs to be a puppet.

Prequel Yoda and OT Yoda? There's a load of difference in the portrait.

Yoda should really have his own release. I wouldn't even want a Sidious PT two-pack with Yoda, unless they also sold him individually.

I must have misread your initial post. I thought you meant ESB and ROTJ Yoda. :lol

If they ever bring Yoda back they need to find a way to make him a puppet again and have him match his ESB look. Even if he's just a shimmering ghost--needs to be a puppet.

Can't see why they would do this. Snoke and Maz were CGI. They'll do the same with ghost Yoda.

Can't see why they would do this. Snoke and Maz were CGI. They'll do the same with ghost Yoda.

And Snoke + Maz were two of my least favorite things about TFA.

100% CGI characters just feel wrong in a Star Wars film. It was so unnecessary, too...

Maz was originally envisioned as a puppet but the Art Book stated that they ran out of time to produce it and opted for mo-cap CGI instead.

Now THAT is a shame.

I need to pick up that art book...

I found Maz more annoying. Just a little too cheesy.

Yeah, those scenes with her were easily my least favorite part of the film.

I'm concerned about what Snoke is going to look like when we actually see him in person. I'm never too fond of 100% CGI villains unless it's completely necessary, and as he's humanoid, it's...well, not. He looked cheesy from what I can recall.

And Snoke + Maz were two of my least favorite things about TFA.

100% CGI characters just feel wrong in a Star Wars film. It was so unnecessary, too...

For Snoke they should have just used a very old man with bad teeth in a black hooded cloak. We all got it anyway. If only Kylo would have been told "We have a new enemy, Rey Skywalker..."

I found Maz more annoying. Just a little too cheesy.

Yeah, Maz was another one that felt very Star Trek to me - and I couldn't figure what her place was exactly. This spiritual temple in the middle of nowhere (run by an empath) that's also a scum and villainy cantina? And Luke's saber is waiting downstairs?

Yeah, those scenes with her were easily my least favorite part of the film.

I'm concerned about what Snoke is going to look like when we actually see him in person. I'm never too fond of 100% CGI villains unless it's completely necessary, and as he's humanoid, it's...well, not. He looked cheesy from what I can recall.

He's sort of the love child of an Emperor, Gollum and Kamino cloner threeway.:lol

n3oxv7.png

He's sort of the love child of an Emperor, Gollum and Kamino cloner threeway.:lol

Ugh. Maybe I'll change my mind when we see him in more scenes, but I'm not liking that design at all right now. :slap

I see Snoke doing a body transfer in VIII.

I think Benicio Del Toro plays the next body.

Back