When are we likely to see a Yoda from Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDarnGamer

Super Freak
Reaction score
After rewatching Empire Strikes Back and Return of the JedI Yoda has become my favourite OT Star Wars character. I've been wondering when we are most likely to see a Yoda from Hot Toys?

I believe Jack Bauer confirmed it happening (in a 2 pack with Luke, if memory serves), so it's just a matter of when. Maybe after they get a break from the current films after all the major players from the Force Awakens go up for order?

Who knows? Nobody on here that's for sure. Any time frame people say is purely speculation. He hasn't been announced or anything. Anytime you come up with this sort of question and want to see if the freaks know something just remember 9 times out of 10 we don't know **** so just sit back and hope. Having said that, I can't wait for a HT Yoda. SSC missed slightly on the likeness of both their Yodas. They're not bad, I own them both, but could be a lot better.

TFA totally ruins the power of Yoda's character. For over 900 years Yoda holds back on training Jedi's too quickly because they could fall to anger and fear too quickly. Anger leads to the dark side right? Apparently Rey, also known as a MARY SUE in writing circles can attack Ren with both anger and fear, kick his emo ass and still have no repercussions of turning to the dark side. TFA totally diminishes Yoda's importance. There are many inconsistencies with this new film. It took Luke 3 films to learn to control the force where now it takes our characters seconds. I love Yoda but the new film goes against everything he said and stood for in his 6 films.

TFA totally ruins the power of Yoda's character. For over 900 years Yoda holds back on training Jedi's too quickly because they could fall to anger and fear too quickly. Anger leads to the dark side right? Apparently Rey, also known as a MARY SUE in writing circles can attack Ren with both anger and fear, kick his emo ass and still have no repercussions of turning to the dark side. TFA totally diminishes Yoda's importance. There are many inconsistencies with this new film. It took Luke 3 films to learn to control the force where now it takes our characters seconds. I love Yoda but the new film goes against everything he said and stood for in his 6 films.

I disagree with pretty much everything you said, but to be honest, if you truly want to respect Yoda's legacy, then you should look at the prequels as the biggest offender. Having Yoda go from being a wise and pacifist teacher in ESB to being a bouncy ninja in AOTC and ROTS was uncalled for and silly. If you're really into Yoda's "message" from ESB, then you should unlearn what you have learned, starting with the fact that there are 6 Star Wars movies. There's only three, the prequels do not exist.

PS : I loved TFA, but I'll never stop seeing Star Wars as the classic trilogy. It's a fun continuation of a cherished story, but I doubt it will ever have the same impact on me.

I don't know who this Runnen guy is, but would recommend to friends. Good read. Would read again +1 Subscribed.

Also, who's to say that someone who is still learning the force go about it in the wrong way at first? Perhaps her training has yet to begin and her emotions yet to be balanced with her ability of the force. She hasn't been trained. She's driving it with her emotions, once she can let go she may become more powerful than we can possibly imagine.

So you think the Grand Master of the Jedi Order shouldn't defend himself? The fast movement was to make up for his small stature. He is still a pacifist, but he was facing the Sith. In AOTC, two Jedi were about to die. It was his duty to protect them. And perhaps by ESB, he had come to regret blindly taking part in a fabricated civil war. It showed that even wise Master Yoda can have some character development. I liked it when watching I-VI in chronological order.

first Rey is not a Mary Sue just because she is skilled and capable.

There are lots of inconsistencies in the film for sure, but everyone seems to forget that Kylo Ren was suffering from being shot by Chewie's bowcaster at the time of his fight with Fin and Rey; the fact he was still standing was amazing. As for Rey's abilities, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she has had some training when she was a child and her memories have been suppressed. Ren's use of the force over memories in the story opens the door to discover Luke also can use the force on memories and I suspect he did so on Rey before she was hidden.

Seriously, THIS.

Rarely are male characters called out for being TOO strong/capable/independent/blah blah blah, but if these qualities are seen in a female character, she's suddenly unrealistic/a Mary Sue? C'mon now.

There are lots of inconsistencies in the film for sure, but everyone seems to forget that Kylo Ren was suffering from being shot by Chewie's bowcaster at the time of his fight with Fin and Rey; the fact he was still standing was amazing. As for Rey's abilities, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she has had some training when she was a child and her memories have been suppressed. Ren's use of the force over memories in the story opens the door to discover Luke also can use the force on memories and I suspect he did so on Rey before she was hidden.

:goodpost:

I agree with everything you said. The whole film established how powerful the bowcaster was. And don't forget that Finn got a lucky shot into his shoulder and that he wasn't trying to kill Rey. He wanted her as an apprentice.

I'm anticipating the reveal of Rey's lineage in VIII. I'm betting her real name is Kira Skywalker.

I believe Jack Bauer confirmed it happening (in a 2 pack with Luke, if memory serves), so it's just a matter of when. Maybe after they get a break from the current films after all the major players from the Force Awakens go up for order?

This would be my thought that after the TFA offerings die down then you'll see them probably hitting Empire and then if/when they do Rogue One, taking a break and then getting into more OT right before Episode VIII

the funny thing about Kylo is his worship for Vader....it would appear at the end of VII he is on his way to becoming more like Vader in more than one way. he wants to so badly to be Vader...looks like he might be in a suit next time we see him....dont be surprised if he is.

the funny thing about Kylo is his worship for Vader....it would appear at the end of VII he is on his way to becoming more like Vader in more than one way. he wants to so badly to be Vader...looks like he might be in a suit next time we see him....dont be surprised if he is.

I don't think he was wounded that critically, though. He'll definitely have quite the scar on his face, but otherwise...

Rey is an unusually strong Force user. She shouldn't be compared to anyone else.

Yeah, even though he pretty much just sustained minor damage he definitely wants Granpapy Vader's Big D

So you think the Grand Master of the Jedi Order shouldn't defend himself? The fast movement was to make up for his small stature. He is still a pacifist, but he was facing the Sith. In AOTC, two Jedi were about to die. It was his duty to protect them. And perhaps by ESB, he had come to regret blindly taking part in a fabricated civil war. It showed that even wise Master Yoda can have some character development. I liked it when watching I-VI in chronological order.

This.

Any argument against Yoda taking part in the fight during the prequels is absurd. He had to fight & the way he confronts Palpatine is the definition of epic. People in the theater cheered for every line on that [opening] night.

"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was."

"If so powerful you are, why leave?"

"Faith in your new apprentice misplaced may be, as is your faith in the Dark Side of The Force."

Yoda's warning to Luke about not underestimating the powers of The Emperor gained so much more weight when we saw him face Palpatine twenty years earlier.

Back