When are we likely to see a Yoda from Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Del Toro is supposed to be playing the main villain in VIII. Aside from Kylo Ren how does anyone other than Snoke fit that description?

Personally, the prequels and Clone Wars have completely worn out Yoda for me. I hope they set him aside for a while so the character can be special again and then bring him back when there's demand (preferably without a lightsaber :p)

Indeed....we do NOT need another Yoda figure. Hot Toys does not need to re-produce EVERY single character that's been done in 1:6 scale already. Plenty of never before produced characters form throughout the saga that HT could do besides another Yoda.

Maybe they'll do what they originally did after 'Empire' and completely "recast" him.

maxresdefault.jpg
Wait, how long was that image used as the replacement? I have the dvd set and the newer Complete Saga blu ray collection and all I can recall is the RotS Sidious appearance.

Also, much like RotJ Luke and RotS Anakin, there hasn't been a proper 1/6 Yoda, in my opinion. There have been far more releases of other characters in this scale. Embrace the Yoda. Let it flow through you.

If Hot Toys makes Yoday he will cost $250 and be made out of rubber that will disintegrate faster than ED-209.

Del Toro is supposed to be playing the main villain in VIII. Aside from Kylo Ren how does anyone other than Snoke fit that description?

Maybe a FO Boss or someone who is the main antagonist of Episode VIII other than Snoke (who, like the Emperor, might not pay off until the final episode).

Wait, how long was that image used as the replacement? I have the dvd set and the newer Complete Saga blu ray collection and all I can recall is the RotS Sidious appearance.

Also, much like RotJ Luke and RotS Anakin, there hasn't been a proper 1/6 Yoda, in my opinion. There have been far more releases of other characters in this scale. Embrace the Yoda. Let it flow through you.

That "revisited" screencap is fan-made using ROTJ footage.

Maybe a FO Boss or someone who is the main antagonist of Episode VIII other than Snoke (who, like the Emperor, might not pay off until the final episode).

The way I see it is like if we were back in '77 and Lucasfilm announced that Robert Shaw would be playing the main villain in ESB. Back then we would have assumed he would be playing The Emperor - who was only briefly mentioned in ANH.

The escalation from Vader to The Emperor would make sense and the announcement of "Shaw will be playing the main villain in the next installment of Star Wars" would be very fitting.

In the case of this new trilogy, we've already seen The Emperor (Supreme Leader Snoke/Andy Serkis) and Vader is back (Kylo Ren/Adam Driver). To go from that to BDT as some Grand Moff or Admiral would be underwhelming in my opinion. The second movie is usually about escalation. Tarkin worked in ANH but wouldn't have worked in ESB. Vader became such a better character with Tarkin outta the way. Plus Kylo had his Tarkin in TFA via General Hux/Domhnall Gleeson.

I'm thinking Snoke sheds his broken skin in VIII and slithers into a new vessel that is BDT.

:lol Robert Shaw or Sebastian Shaw?

Robert Shaw. From Russia with Love, Battle of The Bulge, A Man for All Seasons, Jaws, The Deep...

I was using him as a hypothetical Palpatine back in '77.

Robert Shaw. From Russia with Love, Battle of The Bulge, A Man for All Seasons, Jaws, The Deep...

I was using him as a hypothetical Palpatine back in '77.

Robert Shaw would have been a really funny Palpatine - more like an abusive, alcoholic Dad for Vader.:lol

Interestingly, the X-Men character Sebastian Shaw was modeled after Robert Shaw, and Robert Shaw was the writer of a novel/film that Alec Guinness starred in about a decade before SW (when Guinness was very much a comedy actor.)

Robert Shaw would have been a really funny Palpatine - more like an abusive, alcoholic Dad for Vader.:lol

Interestingly, the X-Men character Sebastian Shaw was modeled after Robert Shaw, and Robert Shaw was the writer of a novel/film that Alec Guinness starred in about a decade before SW (when Guinness was very much a comedy actor.)

Its a shame he died so early.

"I took a shortcut and made it to New York in 350 miles" vs. "I took a shortcut and made it to New York in 4 1/2 hours."

That's an explanation that's been bandied about for years, but it doesn't really make any sense.:dunno
If the normal or the fastest route others have dared is 400 miles I really can't see any issue with bragging about the distance, any differently than bragging over how long it took. You don't talk about time spent walking up a mountain, you talk about distance.

Sorry for the derailing, but I just never understood why people take issue with it.

Last edited:
Given that the thread seems to be about everything, are people expecting more ANH figures or does it look like that's it? I would love A Tusken Raider and some aliens from HT.

Given that the thread seems to be about everything, are people expecting more ANH figures or does it look like that's it? I would love A Tusken Raider and some aliens from HT.

The only other ANH HT figures I'm expecting are Stormtrooper Han & the TIE Fighter Pilot because they're really easy for HT to assemble.

I'm hoping for Tarkin and Greedo but I doubt we'll get them.

A dream come true would be if they release the 1/6 TIE Fighter. I'd happily drop two grand on that.

ESB is going to be a huge line. Its the fan favorite. If they're smart they'll get through TFA first before pursuing it.

The only other ANH HT figures I'm expecting are Stormtrooper Han & the TIE Fighter Pilot because they're really easy for HT to assemble.

I'm hoping for Tarkin and Greedo but I doubt we'll get them.

A dream come true would be if they release the 1/6 TIE Fighter. I'd happily drop two grand on that.

ESB is going to be a huge line. Its the fan favorite. If they're smart they'll get through TFA first before pursuing it.

Thanks for the insight. I can see why you think ESB will be popular but since SSC have done two Hoth figures lately and HT themselves did Bespin Luke I do wonder how much they can do - Hoth Leia, Snowtrooper, Yoda, ESB Vader, Bespin Han, Lando and ESB Fett once the ROTJ one sells through (if people are actually willing to buy another one). Beyond that there's a bunch of characters like Lobot, Ozzel and various rebel generals who I don't think would make exciting action figures. Still, seeing how well Chewbacca turned out I'd buy a HT Wampa in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the insight. I can see why you think ESB will be popular but since SSC have done two Hoth figures lately and HT themselves did Bespin Luke I do wonder how much they can do - Hoth Leia, Snowtrooper, Yoda, ESB Vader, Bespin Han, Lando and ESB Fett once the ROTJ one sells through (if people are actually willing to buy another one). Beyond that there's a bunch of characters like Lobot, Ozzel and various rebel generals who I don't think would make exciting action figures. Still, seeing how well Chewbacca turned out I'd buy a HT Wampa in a heartbeat.

My dream HT ESB line:

1. Bespin Han (with Carbonite)
2. Bespin Luke [non-DX reissue]
3. Darth Vader (with Sebastian Shaw sculpt and meditation chamber)
4/5. Jedi Training Luke with Yoda 2-pack
6. Lando Calrissian
7. Bespin Leia
8/9. Bespin Chewbacca (with disassembled Threepio in backpack)
10. Hoth Luke (with Tauntaun)
11. Wampa
12. Hoth Han (with Tauntaun)
13. Hoth Leia with C-3PO 2-pack
14. Hoth Chewbacca (with Imperial Probe Droid)
15/16. X-Wing Fighter Luke Skywalker (with Artoo)
17. Lobot
18. Boba Fett
19. Dengar
20. Bossk
21. Suckuss
22. 4-Lom
23. IG-88
24. Snowtrooper
25. AT-AT Pilot
26. General Veers
27. Admiral Piett

I would take some of them but bossk ig-88 snow trooper 4-lom they have been done already and they look great enough to leave well alone. but a lobot general veers hoth leia and bespin leia would be great as well as a bespin han

Back