Whedonverse Actors You've Met

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Touchy. I never claimed I'm a great beauty and I'm well aware Morena Baccarin may very well be considered one. So what?

She has a gorgeous face, and what seems to me an unusually long neck. In some cultures it makes a person even more attractive. To me the proportions seem off.

I don't collect autographs or personal memorabilia, so never meeting someone who happened to be an actor in a show I like, especially one who has nothing to interest me outside of his/her television character, would not fill me with regret. I'm content to keep the distance.

So, you didn't like the :horror?

:)

I just thought I'd let anybody know that the Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Book Convention (late may-early june) has Summer Glau AND David Boreanaz signed up for this year. This is REALLY rare for David.

Wife and I are definitely going. Maybe we'll see some of you guys and gals there.

Wow, that was fast: He cancelled already. Not kidding. :gah:

Kind of feel weird quoting myself, but whatever.

Met James Marsters and Adam Baldwin. Both really cool guys.

My wife doesn't like meeting actors/actresses from shows that she likes because she's afraid if they're jerks it will ruin the fantasy for her.

Your wife sounds like a very wise women. There must be nothing worse then meeting somebody you've admired for years only to discover he's a right git.

Luckily so far *touch wood* everyone I've met from the Buffy cast have been great, with a special award of 'excellence' to James Masrters who always seems to go out of his way to strike up some kind of repore with his fans.

Wow, that was fast: He cancelled already. Not kidding. :gah:

Kind of feel weird quoting myself, but whatever.

Yeah, that's messed up. And honestly, I got to pass some of the blame Wizard World's way as well. You've got to wonder how committed he was in the first place and for Wizard World to make such an announcement only to cancel days later....not cool.

wwcon004.jpg

Just got back from Wizard Con here in Portland Oregon. Morena Baccarin signed the stands for my Inara figures. She was quite impressed with the figures. She is extremly nice and seemed very interested in the dolls. She even took pictures of the figures. I felt a little guilty that we didn't make a figure for her as we did for Adam and Nathan.

James Marsters was at the show as well. My grand daughter is a big Spike fan and enjoyed his Q and A very much.

Morena hosted a Q and A as well and it was a lot of fun. All in all, a fun time.

Old Grandpa

Met James Marsters and Adam Baldwin. Both really cool guys.

My wife doesn't like meeting actors/actresses from shows that she likes because she's afraid if they're jerks it will ruin the fantasy for her.

That's kind of how I feel too. The characters are more important than the actors, though some actors are so good at their job, they tie themselves into the character to some extent.

I've met a few actors from tv shows at conventions, but they were more coincidental. Oh, so-and-so is here. Let's go get his/her autograph. There's little chance of doing much damage to the illusion but by the same token, usually not much substance.

The only "famous" person who I really wanted to meet and did was Marc Almond, many years ago when he was still active touring/recording. He made an incredible impression on me growing up. In fact, coincidence but I made first contact with him by making a custom action figure of him and Dave Ball that ended up on their reunion live album. Funny I'm still at it, though I don't think I'd ever feel that for an actor, just the character.

wwcon004.jpg

Just got back from Wizard Con here in Portland Oregon. Morena Baccarin signed the stands for my Inara figures. She was quite impressed with the figures. She is extremly nice and seemed very interested in the dolls. She even took pictures of the figures. I felt a little guilty that we didn't make a figure for her as we did for Adam and Nathan.

James Marsters was at the show as well. My grand daughter is a big Spike fan and enjoyed his Q and A very much.

Morena hosted a Q and A as well and it was a lot of fun. All in all, a fun time.

Old Grandpa

That is awesome!! Did you give her the explanation of how these came about?

That is awesome!! Did you give her the explanation of how these came about?

Yes. In fact I told her the whole history. From the Trevor sculpts to the Disney Mulon dress. She was very interested. Told her about this forum and all the Browncoats that gather here. She could not have been nicer.

Old Grandpa

VERY COOL PIC BUFFY! :D SO COOL THAT YOU AND JENN GOT TO MEET HER! :clap :D Who else from Whedon's shows have you both got to meet? :D Post pics here please. :D

Nick

I think i posted a lot of photos throughout this thread. We've met a lot, but still so many to go.

OG, that's awesome. She was very cool.

Jewel Staite is coming to Portland for Rose City Con this Sept. She is a must see for me. Had a crush on her from episode one. Got to have her sign her figure stand. It would be so great if I could get all actors to sign there stands.

Old Grandpa

Not sure if this qualifies as an "actor" I've met, but I had lunch with Tim Minear on my recent trip to LA. My daughter-in-law worked with Tim on a couple of TV projects and wanted to know if I wanted to meet him. He's a fantastic person. Very humorous, and told some really great stories about Firefly, Buffy and Angel. Today, to my surprise, I received a singed Firefly "Out Of Gas" script from him. Meeting Tim was definitely one of the high points of my LA trip.

Old Grandpa

Nathan Fillion is going to at the fanexpo in Calgary next weekend. Didn't realize he was from Canada.

Back