Whe will the next generation of Consoles launch?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet the rumors are true and next Xbox dev kits are already with developers.
Xbox November 2013 and PS4 in 2014.

Nintendo is definitely stepping it up this gen, they already won over the casual gamers with the Wii, so they're obviously going after the hardcore gamers with the Wii U(COD and Assassin's Creed 3 aren't kiddie games)

It's been true for a while now

I bet the rumors are true and next Xbox dev kits are already with developers.
Xbox November 2013 and PS4 in 2014.

Nintendo is definitely stepping it up this gen, they already won over the casual gamers with the Wii, so they're obviously going after the hardcore gamers with the Wii U(COD and Assassin's Creed 3 aren't kiddie games)

Without a doubt the dev kits are already with the developers. average game development time is 3-5 years.

That said, I doubt we see anything about new game consoles other than a possible official announcement and official names at E3 2013, full reveal and system sepecs e3 2014, release christmas 2014, summer 2015.

Just my guess, but it feels right.

The leaked document for Xbox said it would be released next year with a new version of Kinect, then they'd be releasing a special VR headset thing the year afterwards.

Could be true, they might delay a component of it so they can get the console out.

The possibilities I think are that the new Xbox and PS will be advanced and the games for those won't run on Wii U and so third-party support for the Wii U will drop off to how it was for the Wii. Or the games will be such that they can do simple graphical quality settings changes to get them to run on Wii U and they might still do the full multiplatform release.

I don't think that will be the case though, Nintendo skimped on the hardware stats due to the controller, Xbox and PS can easily have much better graphics without having to spend much.

They seem to want to drag the current Gen as long as possible. I guess they haven't made the profits they've wanted so far from this Gen and will stall until they think they've made enough

That's true, but the longer they wait the more irrelevant they become in the next generation. They have to be part of the next-generation. Full HD, blu-ray, digital delivery and fighting against mobile games. They might be able to get more out of this but if they wait too long they will be hurting themselves in the long run.

Wii U will have a huge head start on the other two and will probably end up with more sales.

The wii-u is using the same outdated software the current gen systems are using. And those two systems are cheaper and have more games. Only reason, if it were to have amazing sales, would be due to the "hype".

IMO, we'll see the new 720 next year, come e3. Possibly CES?...that depends on holiday sales?

That's true, but the longer they wait the more irrelevant they become in the next generation. They have to be part of the next-generation. Full HD, blu-ray, digital delivery and fighting against mobile games. They might be able to get more out of this but if they wait too long they will be hurting themselves in the long run.

Thing is, they've got no other competition in the adult console gaming market, so have no incentive to move on.

I bet if apple set a release date for a HD Console, Microsoft and Sony would get their slow asses in gear :lol

Back