What is your best console launch memory?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first midnight launch was the Xbox 360 nothing memorable just out in the cold weather waiting as people were getting mugged and stabbed for there consoles:rotfl

The first console I ever bought myself was the PS1 I remember coming home from school everyday I had to pass game store in Liverpool City centre and they had it on a massive screen with a RRP of 1K I paid £600.00 for mine out of one of those catalogues were you paid it off.
Tekken came with the console used to love krazy Ivan , siphon filter and tenchu.
But my favourite console of all time and still is N64 turok and body harvest were amazing.
Still have my old consoles and loads of games.

I remember getting the PS2 around the launch time for gran turismo and loved GTA3 and half life , my buddy's would say get and Xbox they are amazing so after about a year I gave in and discovered halo wow was u amazed.
Still did not know what Xbox live was all about until I had the xbox360 for about a year:rotfl

Gonna echo the majority and go with the Dreamcast launch. Loved that system dearly and still have mine to this day. And it works fine. You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers. :yess:

OG Xbox comes in a close second because of launch day Halo.

Playing Halo for the first time with that level of graphics was mindblowing

:lecture IMO the NFL 2k series owned Madden every year. Too bad EA had to drop all the $$ to get the monopoly on the "NFL." Douches. I haven't bought an EA sports game since.

2K sports FTW! ESPN NFL 2K5 is still the best football game I've ever played. I've tried and tried, but I just cannot get into any of the new Maddens for more than a little while. I always come back to the 2K5. :lecture

Back