What's Your Top 5 All Time Favorite Movies ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And besides, just being B&W has nothing to do with whether a film is boring or not... :monkey1 :monkey1

Maybe some people have some kind of awfull disease where they fall asleep when they don't see colours ... :monkey1

Man some good pics listed by u guys.;)

I rarely go to the flicks these days.Is it just me or does there seem to be so much crap being released.:confused:

A few more i have enjoyed over the years.:)

The Sixth Sense-the first time.
An officer and a Gentleman
In the Name of the Father
Ghost
Rain Man
Stand by Me

Some good movies were made in the 70's and 80's, and quiet a few made it into AFI's Top 100 of all time, but there are an awful lot of really, really, really great movies made in the 5 decades before 1970! :monkey5

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge lover of vintage films, everything from Universal monsters, to Cagney, Bogart and Robinson, to Cecil B. Demille, but many of the truly best movies ever made came out of the 70's and 80's:
The Godfather I and II, The Exorcist, Jaws, Star Wars, Alien, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Batman, Scarface, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Superman.... the list goes on and on.

Color movies go all the way back to the 1920's!! Phantom of the Opera's Masque Ball sequence was done in Technicolor! :monkey1

And besides, just being B&W has nothing to do with whether a film is boring or not... :monkey1 :monkey1

I know, Lonnie. I was just stirring up the place :lol

I don't care much for the really old movies tho (say... all movies from before 1960). Just don't like them, color or b/w. Of course I haven't seen all, but what I've seen was not my style, that's all. To each his own.

A bridge too far
Alien
Zulu
Killer Klowns from outer space
Interview with a vampire

So I did an interesting project where I tried to list every movie I've ever seen to find out which ones I tend to watch more, and more than 73% of all the movies I see are pre-1950. And for a 24 year old guy, that's pretty weird.

I never realized how much I prefer old films! New ones just don't do it for me anymore except for the action and adventure type stuff. Nothing else appeals to me.

1.Batman Begins
2. Young guns 1 and 2:D
3. Tears of the Sun
4.Black Hawk Down
5. Escape from New York and LA and All Rambo movies next to Scarface:D

So I did an interesting project where I tried to list every movie I've ever seen to find out which ones I tend to watch more, and more than 73% of all the movies I see are pre-1950. And for a 24 year old guy, that's pretty weird.

I never realized how much I prefer old films! New ones just don't do it for me anymore except for the action and adventure type stuff. Nothing else appeals to me.

I'd love to know what films you enjoy from the pre-1950s. i definitely enjoy the older films as well. Seven Samurai is one of my favorites.

Some are a little after 1950. Oh well. :lol

You Can't Take It With You
The Awful Truth
My Man Godfry
Meet Me in St. Louis
In the Good Old Summertime
Summer Stock
The Pirate
The Thin Man series
Liabled Lady
Bringin' Up Baby
The Philidelphia Story
The Wizard of Oz
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Arsenic and Old Lace
Love Crazy
The Road to ... series (Singapore, Morocco, Zanzibar . . . )
Holiday Inn
The Abbott and Costello films
Easter Parade

and on and on an on . . . . . . :duh

Can't do just 5. There are just too many movies that I love. I usually say "All About Eve" is my 'all-time' favorite movie, but that's if I'm pushed to name one. So, here are 'some' of my all-time favorite movies (not necessarily in any particular order), and the more really good movies I see (in whatever year they're made), the bigger my list gets!:

1. All About Eve
2. Star Wars (all of them!)
3. Alien
4. Shawshank Redemption
5. Double Indemnity
6. Metropolis
7. Lord of the Rings (again, all of them!)
8. Seven Samurai
9. Blade Runner
10. North by Northwest
11. Terminator
12. Predator
13. To Kill a Mockingbird
14. Dial M for Murder
15. Fifth Element (yes, I said Fifth Element!)
16. Ghostbusters
17. Raiders of the Lost Ark
18. Philadelphia Story
19. Planet of the Apes
20. 2001: A Space Odyssey
21. Citizen Kane
22. The Thin Man series (all of them!)
23. The Godfather
24. Wizard of Oz
25. 9 to 5

I seriously could go on, and I know I've missed some extremely beloved films that I would watch at the drop of a hat, but I'll stop here. These are the ones I can think of 'off the top of my head'. I like Lonnie's list of picking some from each decade.

I will definitely be Netflixing a bunch of these. Thanks bro!!

Some are a little after 1950. Oh well. :lol

You Can't Take It With You
The Awful Truth
My Man Godfry
Meet Me in St. Louis
In the Good Old Summertime
Summer Stock
The Pirate
The Thin Man series
Liabled Lady
Bringin' Up Baby
The Philidelphia Story
The Wizard of Oz
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Arsenic and Old Lace
Love Crazy
The Road to ... series (Singapore, Morocco, Zanzibar . . . )
Holiday Inn
The Abbott and Costello films
Easter Parade

and on and on an on . . . . . . :duh

Back