What's Your Top 5 All Time Favorite Movies ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the hardest lists I've ever made!

203437.jpg

# 2 (Can I count these as one?)

lord_of_the_rings_the_fellowship_of.jpg

lord-of-the-rings-ii-teaser-two-towers-4900237.jpg

ROTK_Mount_Doom_poster_L.jpg

# 3 (all of them)

003_STARWARCRP.jpg

# 4 (I'm an old movie buff)

to-kill-a-mockingbird-DVDcover.jpg

# 5

ST4545~Wizard-of-Oz-Posters.jpg

Right off the top of my head:

Star Wars
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Gladiator
Glory
Hellraiser

Honorable mentions: Men in Black, Shawshank Redemption, the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Forbidden Planet, Blade Runner, I-Robot...I could go on.

What about Lord of the Rings?

:thwak

MY LIST:

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
3. Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. The Godfather
5. Indiana Jones movies.

rounding out my TOP 10:

6. Good Fellas
7. The Crow
8. Napoleon Dynamite
9. The Wizard of Oz
10. Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

I'll cheat as well and throw some trilogys and/or series in as single pics... ;)

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Godfather I & II
3. Star Wars: Original Trilogy
4. Band of Brothers (HBO Series)
5.1 Jaws
5.2 Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Fastest Indian is a fantastic movie as well. Anthony Hobkins was brilliant in it.

One of my favorite guilty pleasures, for fun movies, that even makes fun of itself and is ultra campy... Last Action Hero.

1.The Godfather I & II
2.One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
3.Se7en
4.Full Metal Jacket
5.The Sopranos(Obscure Art-house flick. Live action version of The Simpsons via Scorsese.80 hour plus, no peeing breaks:naughty)

I know a lot of you guys grew up in the 80's and 90's, but you really have to do yourself a favor and watch some movies made before 1977!!!! :monkey3 :D

...and good for those with at least one movie before 1969 on their list!!! :rock

I know a lot of you guys grew up in the 80's and 90's, but you really have to do yourself a favor and watch some movies made before 1977!!!! :monkey3 :D

...and good for those with at least one movie before 1969 on their list!!! :rock

If those damn 70s and 80s movies weren't so good, all 5 of mine would have been before 1960.

1. The Godfather

2. The Godfather Part II

3. Goodfellas

4. Spiderman

5.O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I picked Rocky 1976

:wacky

The best movies were made in the 70's and 80's

Some good movies were made in the 70's and 80's, and quiet a few made it into AFI's Top 100 of all time, but there are an awful lot of really, really, really great movies made in the 5 decades before 1970! :monkey5

i almost forgot "the great waldo pepper"..............now that was a effing' awesome movie !!!

I agree. I hope more people actually watch "classic" movies made before the 70s.

I have Seven Samurai and North By Northwest in my Top 10. And I still get mesmerized by Citizen Kane. And there are so many more I couldn't imagine not watching again. When you think of how many movies you've watched in your lifetime, it boggles the mind. Luckily we're not limited to our top 5 or 10.

Back