What's your price resistance for 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much will you pay for a standard SSC 12" figure?

• $50-55

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • $60-70

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • $70-80

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • $80-90

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • over $100

Votes: 11 12.8%

• Total voters
As long as the quality to price ratio is as good as Hot toys, I'll pay, but they would need to consider that It would also mean collectors would probobly buy less, so they would probobly want to consider spacing releases out a bit. ATLEAST a month in between for figures of the same Toy line.

I have zero prob with SS uping its prices along with the addition of a better body, but with that I want better tailored clothing. Often with SS figures its not just the body that makes them look "odd". Better tailoring and better bodies and I will happily pay $100 per figure.

Oh and they MUST MUST get rid of twist ties!!!!!

In the 21st century there is no excuse for twist ties.

I voted $60-$70 for a STANDARD sideshow figure, like an Indiana Jones or Luke ANH. I would obvious be going higher for the like of an armored Vader, a Trooper or one of the Fett boys. For the same reasons I had a hard time paying $90 for a HT Prison Break figure (I paid $60 ;) )but have no trouble ponying up $150 for a HT Predator. Armored or super accessorized figures just are worth more, to me anyway.
And yes, SSC tailoring needss a little help, but it is really pretty good compared to some others.
And the reason that I put Indy as a standard figure is because do you REAALY think sideshow is going to put out 1 Indy figure with all the stuff like the Grail, Tablets, Diary, Idol etc etc? My guess is no, we will see probably 4 versions, one from each film, and maybe one in the suit if they really wanna be crazy.

Last edited:
Of all their products the production of 1/6 figures must have the highest production cost I think.

Body looks decent when a figure is fully dressed, I wished they put more effort in their paintworks.
Still think Sideshow strongest point are their facesculpts.

The clothing can also be improved, but does this have to mean a strong climb of the price?

How shiny the boxes are is the least I care.

If their products are the best, people keep buying no matter what the price is.
I have even read in a article, if something does not sell well, a price increase will help, imagine that.

For me, it all depends on the overall figure and the accessories that come with it and the tailoring. Take the SS aragorn for example. We all remember the proto pics and how awesome it looked. The weathering, the weapons everything looked great. Once the actual piece came out, the paint apps were not the same quality nor was the clothing the best quality. I would not be willing to pay the same for that item as I would one of the HT Robocops or Predator figures.

Back