What's your price resistance for 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much will you pay for a standard SSC 12" figure?

• $50-55

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • $60-70

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • $70-80

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • $80-90

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • over $100

Votes: 11 12.8%

• Total voters
I would get them. I'd be selective cause @ that price I can't get every figure I want. With SS price I can actually fit them into my budget.

Same here. I'm really glad SSC has the SW license 'cause there's too many characters I want to have. I've got Bespin Luke right in front of me here and I can't stop looking at him. He's one of the best ones yet.

I definitely would NOT get figures like Ilum Padme, Praji, Plo Koon, and some of the lesser background guys if they cost $125 or more... but I'd still get the major characters (yes, even Leia), although I'd really have to limit myself to one version of Luke, Han, etc.

Same here. I'm really glad SSC has the SW license 'cause there's too many characters I want to have. I've got Bespin Luke right in front of me here and I can't stop looking at him. He's one of the best ones yet.

That's why I feel SS is one of the best at least. They give you quality items for a really good price. It allows us to get a ton of figures for a solid price point. IMO anyways.

I definitely would NOT get figures like Ilum Padme, Praji, Plo Koon, and some of the lesser background guys if they cost $125 or more... but I'd still get the major characters (yes, even Leia), although I'd really have to limit myself to one version of Luke, Han, etc.

I'd get Plo Koon. He's pretty cool looking.

That's why I feel SS is one of the best at least. They give you quality items for a really good price. It allows us to get a ton of figures for a solid price point. IMO anyways.

SS is definitely the best in the price point area. Good quality for a relatively good price. I like that they have the SW line for that reason. On the other hand though, I only plan on getting just a few figures from other lines like Superman and Rocky so I like the fact HT has those because they really shine in the 1:6 department.
That's kinda why I wish HT was making Indy figures too. I think they would really shine in the clothing and accesories area on that line for $130.

I understand. I think SS will do a great job with Indy and them having it will allow me to get several figures from that line.

All in all I'm really looking forward to what SS does with the Indy line. We've seen the sculpt and it looks great. I just hope they can get the jacket and the hat right. If they do then I'd be willing to pay $70 or $80 for Jones.

I think this poll is looking at this issue ass about. I will pay whatever the particular company wants, based on what I like and how good the product is, and the reputation the company holds. Sideshow, while having their eye on profits, seem to really try to keep their prices more than reasonable. It is solely because of them and their fan geared policies that I have been able to enjoy this hobby so much, regardless of my swing to Hot Toys. Through them I have been able to purchase MORE items I want within my budget.

As far as bodies go, I can see why prices may need to go up for Sideshow product, but then they ought to go down for Hot Toys product, in all fairness, if this is due to collaborative efforts.

Sideshow only recently have raised their prices and made a swing from their set figure pricing, with the advent of the LotR and Star Wars licence procurement. Just another part of their evolution. The point in question being, just that, questionable.

I thought when they started this they said it was going to be a quality yet affordable line yet the prices keep going up. With the exception of Vader and Chewey I wouldn't pay over $80 for ANY regular 12" figure.

I dunno, I never did mind the Ol' Buck, so I would say 70-80 bucks is the most I can afford without starving to death. Sadly there's no limit to what I'll salvage for the LOTR 1:6 line. :monkey2

I just want to chime in that I already pay $72+ for Sideshow human characters after shipping and tax, as I'm sure many others do on this board...and then there are those who live outside the US...:horror

I voted $70-$80.....any higher and we're heading into HT territory and as is SSC is nowhere on par with HT. If they are going to charge HT pricing they better come with the HT quality.....just my 2 pennies.

What will be interesting is how hard it'll be to get body types for Maul, Fisto, etc to upgrade those figures....

I'm fine paying whatever prices are necessary to get great figures. I really think that we are currently getting very good deals on the figures from Sideshow. Sure they aren't all as nice as they could be, but overall you get more than your money's worth.

But the same can also be said for HT and Medicom (mostly for Medicom :monkey3). But if Sideshow did decide to go with leather boots, finer tailoring (not much since they usually do that really well) an improved body, better consistency in paint apps and including nicer materials like metal and wood for accessories when able I'd pay the higher-end prices.

On the down-side, like others I probably wouldn't get as many figures; Plo and Kit would never have made it to my collection if they were $100, but for $50 I'm happy to have them.

So I guess in some ways I'd be sad to see Sideshow's prices (and quality) increase because I'd buy less figures, but at the same time there are things that I'd like to see improved.

If it's HT or Medicom quality i'd gladly pay over 100$.But SS is nowhere near that right now,if it's just a body upgrade 75$ tops.

I voted $60-$70 anything more than that and I would have to be very selective. I suppose I wouldn't mind paying more if there were more accessories and more detail in the clothing and better paint apps....but if it's only for a different body, then I would have to think long and hard before I made a purchase.

Yeah, a new body alone is not enough for me to pay HT prices. The quality of the tailoring would have to improve significantly as well as the consistency of paint apps. and overall quality control. If all that happened, I'd go $80-$90.

I pretty much agree. The SS body doesn't really bother me that much. I want more focus on the detailing of the figure.

I've never had a problem with Sideshow's current body either, I always figured it was just because I am uncreative in my poses and once a figure is posed I don't change it.

Back