Whats your least favorite Buffyverse figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueworld

Super Freak
Reaction score
Right then, since we have a thread asking what your favorite Buffyverse figure is, I thought I'd set up one asking what are the ones that you disliked the most, generally felt let down by and which you felt Sideshow dropped the ball when creating.

For me the worst offenders were Willow and Faith. A mixture of poor processing, molding and an off sculpt.

Curly...I mean WILLOW:monkey4
but close second is Faith (who looks like she need to go back to the dollhouse:lol) they really should have made another one with a better likeness. hopefully somebody pick up ths Dollhouse lics and make a good 1/6 of her.

I have a feeling the answers are going to be pretty consistent here. Willow and Faith were the two major bombs of the line, and the ones that really sunk it imo.

Darla was also really awful. She looked like Eric Stoltz in Mask.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Sooo disappointing. :mad::(

True...

+1

I have a feeling the answers are going to be pretty consistent here. Willow and Faith were the two major bombs of the line, and the ones that really sunk it imo.

Darla was also really awful. She looked like Eric Stoltz in Mask.

I know what you mean. If she hadn't been going incredibly cheaply I wouldn't have got her.

I can' imagine why they did her head so large and gave her such an enormous jaw and no neck. Lord they did the old cop out of doing her in vampface so it would be an easier likeness and they still managed to bugger it up! :lol

A period dress Darla would have been so much better as well. Then she would have gone brilliantly with 'Origins Angel'.

I'll buck the trend and say Liam/origin Angel is my least favorite figure, and not coincidentally the least useful for bashing fodder. Total throwaway since none of the other Aurelius clan got the period treatment.

Hence my desire to see Darla in period attire. It was have been nice to have seen the entire 'Fanged Four' re-created in fact. William and Dru would have looked marvelous. :D

Willow and Faith were easily the worst. Sorry to say what everyone else has said, but hey, it's the truth.

I'm going to say Subway Spike. Why didn't they make a Origins William instead? He could have easily made a great companion piece to Origins Liam. :banghead:banghead:banghead

What I don't like about Subway Spike is the sneering expression. Rarely do dramatic expressions come off well in 1/6 sculpts. I dislike vamp Angel for the same reason.
My least fav has to be Willow, though. Such an awful figure for such an important character. I would have loved a dark Willow.
Oh, well. :)

Well to be fair Spike did pull a fair few extreme expressions in that scene, but I agree that Olaf made him look a bit too brutish.

I'm hoping to be able to adapt the head of this old sculpt of mine and try transplanting it onto a Sideshow Punk Spike and see what that looks like.

2721573791c0ae80769o.jpg

Trouble is I'd have to try and shrink it down a little as It's a wee bit too big for that body I'm afraid.

Gonna chime in pretty much on the same side as everyone else. Willow is awful, Faith is unrecognizable to me, and Subway Spike looks like Billy Idol. :banghead

I'm going to say Subway Spike. Why didn't they make a Origins William instead? He could have easily made a great companion piece to Origins Liam. :banghead:banghead:banghead
Have to agree. While Willow and faith were not the greatest, they were recognizeable. Subway spike looked like he just got done dancing with himself at a white wedding. :lol
Well to be fair Spike did pull a fair few extreme expressions in that scene, but I agree that Olaf made him look a bit too brutish.

I'm hoping to be able to adapt the head of this old sculpt of mine and try transplanting it onto a Sideshow Punk Spike and see what that looks like.

2721573791c0ae80769o.jpg

I hope you'll let us know how that head works out/ It looks like it has a ton of 1:6 potential!!

Back