Whats your least favorite Buffyverse figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Prophecy Girl with the rooted hair is my least favorite, although I own her I don't display her.

Followed by closely by Faith. Blech.

The Prophecy Girl with the rooted hair is my least favorite, although I own her I don't display her.

Followed by closely by Faith. Blech.

Oh crap, I have 2 of her and somehow I forgot that she was the worst. Silly me, how could I forget something like that? She is the worst!

Oh god yes! I agree. That enormous noggin of hers is just terrible! :lol

While Willow and faith were not the greatest, they were recognizeable. Subway spike looked like he just got done dancing with himself at a white wedding. :lol

I agree. Although the likenesses are off, both Willow and Faith were figures that needed to be made. Sure they deserved to be better, but I guess I've lived with worse likenesses in my collection. :D

But conceptually, the Subway Spike really never needed to be made. There were SO many figures that deserved the 12" treatment from Buffy than him. He is for completists only.

I agree. Although the likenesses are off, both Willow and Faith were figures that needed to be made. Sure they deserved to be better, but I guess I've lived with worse likenesses in my collection. :D

But conceptually, the Subway Spike really never needed to be made. There were SO many figures that deserved the 12" treatment from Buffy than him. He is for completists only.

Not just the subway spike, but also the origins angel. We could have had Anya, Tara or Dawn instead. I mean, we already had one human Angel and one vamp, and one human Spike and one vamp. Were those other two really necessary? Nope.

Oh god yes! I agree. That enormous noggin of hers is just terrible! :lol

Hee. She is truly awful, if I could sculpt some hair I'd snatch her bald headed and smack some clay on that head.

I do not know what happened to the human Willow though, the prototype that SS had was just wonderful if I recall correctly and then they sent us THAT thing. WTF happened there?

Hee. She is truly awful, if I could sculpt some hair I'd snatch her bald headed and smack some clay on that head.

I do not know what happened to the human Willow though, the prototype that SS had was just wonderful if I recall correctly and then they sent us THAT thing. WTF happened there?

Really? I thought the prototype was way off. Much cuter than what we ended up with, but no resemblance whatsoever to Alyson Hannigan whereas the production sculpt did try for a portrait likeness. Kind of.

See now I have to go find that prototype picture! I swear she was better than what we got, but I've been mistaken before.

Let me see if I can locate so we can all discuss.

I do believe this was the original

Willow-figure-12-inch-L.jpg

And what we ended up with

20101_press02-001.jpg

Myself I prefer the original and would have been more than pleased to own her, instead of what we got.

Wow, you are fast!

I will say, I retract part of my statement. Neither looks like Alyson Hannigan. The bridge and tip of the nose, the eyes, mouth... Not even squinting helps with either.

The website touts the authentic Alyson Hannigan likeness, so it can't be an issue of rights, right?

But yeah, at least the prototype looked like she could be a 17-year old nerd princess.

Ha, I really didn't think I'd find it that fast.

Yea I agree neither looks close to Alyson, the first one was just the lesser of two evils. The sculpt we ended up with just makes he look so old.

Binky has an awesome Willow that I am proud to own.

Hey, thanks Anzik. I appreciate that.

It's no secret I am working on a new replacement head specifically for this very figure (the Dopplegangland outfit is really well done, I can't rank her the worst of the bunch just for the outfit), so I feel a little uncomfortable commenting on the original. OTOH Willow is my favorite Buffy character, as a fan I can't seem to help myself from criticizing it.

I just painted the latest incarnation and it came out better than I thought (always hard to tell how good a sculpt is until it's painted). Dare I say it, I think I'm almost done with it. I hope to have a pic or two up soon, in my own thread.

Not just the subway spike, but also the origins angel. We could have had Anya, Tara or Dawn instead. I mean, we already had one human Angel and one vamp, and one human Spike and one vamp. Were those other two really necessary? Nope.
I would have LOVED a 12'' Tara!

I also dont like the way the Dopplegandland 12'' Willow looks. It has barely any resemblence to Alyson.

The figure I have the most problem with is ordinary Willow, because of her vacant and scary stare.

EDIT-

What was I thinking, Propechy girl Buffy! Hideous hair and even creepier eyes than on the Willow figure.

I guess I repressed the memory of her. The facial sculpt is great, the painting okay, but the eyes+hair=no.

Last edited:
Back